CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

7 minutes ago, Chad said:

This is 100x worse than the beating Bama put on Cincy last season. So many people are clamoring over an expanded playoff, yet they can't even put together two competitive playoff games from year to year. Usually end up with a good game and several blowouts.

An expanded playoff goes hand in hand with the NIL to spread out the talent pool. It's already starting to hit Bama, Clemson, and OSU and just a matter of time until Georgia is next. 

We need the top players in the country spread out over the top 25 not all collected in 5 teams. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

An expanded playoff goes hand in hand with the NIL to spread out the talent pool. It's already starting to bit Bama and OSU and just a matter of time until Georgia is next. 

We need the top players in the country spread out over the top 25 not all collected in 5 teams. 

Exactly this.  Plus in this situation a team like TCU likely gets weeded out earlier in a playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

An expanded playoff goes hand in hand with the NIL to spread out the talent pool. It's already starting to bit Bama, Clemson, and OSU and just a matter of time until Georgia is next. 

I agree that the talent needs to be dispersed, but I just don't see an expanded playoff system as a remedy. There would still be stacked teams and we'd be witnessing over matched teams being nothing more than cannon fodder like we're witnessing right now.

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Good friends of mine, Notre Dame fans/grads, actually went to Miami for that beat down from Alabama. Much the same

January 1995 in Arizona was no bueno for Gatorubet.    January 1996 in New Orleans was “call your doctor if the erection lasts longer than three hours” time.

Having experienced both sides, administering the beatdown is way more fun. *

* (My agreeing to pay for a round of Jaegermeister shots for each Gator score sounded fine in theory.  The girl with the Superdome shot tray had great tits and a cute smile.  7 gata TDs made me never drink that shit again.  )

• Haha 1

This is 100x worse than the beating Bama put on Cincy last season. So many people are clamoring over an expanded playoff, yet they can't even put together two competitive playoff games from year to year. Usually end up with a good game and several blowouts.

The idea is that if you open it up to 12 teams, the same four schools don’t get all the talent that wants to make the playoffs (Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson). It might take a few cycles to better distribute the top talent but hopefully, we get there.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Fuck that Jesus commercial. Bigots run the company that fund it. No, he doesn’t get us, don’t care you have a rock band. You still tell people who they are is wrong. Eat a bag of dicks, haters.

carry on…

Who is the company behind those commercials? Isn’t it a non-profit?