2023 Thread of Racism in America

Horn Under a Bad Sign

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

This has been happening with affirmative action for decades.   Just a new name.  

Well, if you look at the raw numbers in corporate and academic spaces, it’s been a abysmal failure

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Still waiting for the link to the companies whose only loan options require ESG programs 

Type the 5 banks I posted into Google, along with “ESG” and “O&G lending” and let me know what you find.  You’re a big brained doc, you can figure it out. Or shit, spend some of that 25 milli on an assistant to Google for you?   If you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to my merit based work. 

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Type the 5 banks I posted into Google, along with “ESG” and “O&G lending” and let me know what you find.  You’re a big brained doc, you can figure it out. Or shit, spend some of that 25 milli on an assistant to Google for you?   If you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to my merit based work. 

You've wasted more posts telling him to google it than it would have taken the oh so easy few mintues you purport to just find the links and paste it. And this is after the guy, several times, has said he's googled it and has found nothing at all to support your claims. The burden of proof is on you. But you know that, but this is why no one takes your shit seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You made an assertion that your company “had” to have ESG/dei programs in order to get funding.

all I find on google is that many banks offer a product that gives a discount for companies that can document those programs. Not even close to the same thing

Provide some proof for your assertion or fuck off

37 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You made an assertion that your company “had” to have ESG/dei programs in order to get funding.

all I find on google is that many banks offer a product that gives a discount for companies that can document those programs. Not even close to the same thing

Provide some proof for your assertion or fuck off

I didn’t make any assertions about “my company”, or any company I work for.  I recalled an interview that had ~33% of the questions referencing diversity, inclusiveness, and equitable work. Again, doc, reading comp. Its rather important.  

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You've wasted more posts telling him to google it than it would have taken the oh so easy few mintues you purport to just find the links and paste it

It’s not my job. He can take it or leave it, Idgaf. Post #696 and #697 covered the entirety of it, succinctly.  But anyone working in or invested heavily in O&G remember when the ESG initiatives came out, remember who was no longer funding without the correct ESG score and “net zero initiatives”, and it’s easily Googleable.  Maybe he’s tripped up because we were still doing affirmative action then in lieu of DEI?  Or he cannot process things he reads. Who knows? 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t make any assertions about “my company”, or any company I work for.  I recalled an interview that had ~33% of the questions referencing diversity, inclusiveness, and equitable work. Again, doc, reading comp. Its rather important.  

It’s not my job. He can take it or leave it, Idgaf. Post #696 and #697 covered the entirety of it, succinctly.  But anyone working in or invested heavily in O&G remember when the ESG initiatives came out, remember who was no longer funding without the correct ESG score and “net zero initiatives”, and it’s easily Googleable.  Maybe he’s tripped up because we were still doing affirmative action then in lieu of DEI?  Or he cannot process things he reads. Who knows? 

You talk about reading comprehension, but you comprehended absolutely zero of my post or you just ignored and dismissed it. I know which one is most likely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

there are multiple posters, myself included, who have tried to tell you that you have provided no evidence of your assertion. if you're so confident in your stance, YOU post the proof. otherwise you're just a poo-flinging troll, which only reinforces why i have you on ignore

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lots of them weren’t doing ESG and DEI movements until their lenders that fund them said they had to.  Now, it’s super duper important. I’m sure it’s because they really really want to, though.  

My bad. You didn’t say *your* company. But you did say “lots of them” have lenders who “said they had to”

so do you want to provide examples or continue with your obfuscating?

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You talk about reading comprehension, but you comprehended absolutely zero of my post or you just ignored and dismissed it. I know which one is most likely. 

Dismissed, 100%.  I’m not a Google service for doc sawbonz. 

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

otherwise you're just a poo-flinging troll, which only reinforces why i have you on ignore

Lulz. I’m sorry my posts affected your life to that extent. These internet’s are some serious bidness. Maybe someone will quote this post so you can see my apology.  

Just now, Satchel said:

Nah. Must be something else. John Roberts says racism is no longer a thing. 

But that doesn’t make sense; it’s something we don’t like. That’s narrows it down to fascism or racism, and I can’t see how that’s fascism. 

37 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Dismissed, 100%.  I’m not a Google service for doc sawbonz. 

Lulz. I’m sorry my posts affected your life to that extent. These internet’s are some serious bidness. Maybe someone will quote this post so you can see my apology.  

I'm banned from google pls DM me the evidence thanks in advance

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

But that doesn’t make sense; it’s something we don’t like. That’s narrows it down to fascism or racism, and I can’t see how that’s fascism. 

Please don't use words that you don't understand. This schtick that you've got going has a very narrow lane...try to stay within it.

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Please explain what you mean.

On 3/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, fattyflattie said:

Can you recall an example where having a diverse peer group helped you execute a project, and what were the benefits to the project?  Can you recall a project that would have benefitted from a team that had diversity, etc etc. Same type of stuff for the equitable and inclusive.   Wasn’t a big deal, I’ve worked all over the world with many different types of local content.  But it was really, really heavy on their “DEI initiative”, which they had 10 different hipster looking fucks explain in short videos.  I was told that going in, just didn’t think it’d make up a third of the questions.  

Maybe. Was already consulting for them so doubt it.

Lots of them weren’t doing ESG and DEI movements until their lenders that fund them said they had to.  Now, it’s super duper important. I’m sure it’s because they really really want to, though.  

Forced? My org? Nah bro. It’s not forced on us, we are the ones doing the forcing on society. It’s a good thing, no wait, inclusion and equity for all people is fucking fantastic thing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

DEI done well is incredible. It’s so amazing I feel really uncomfortable in settings that lack it and I see fatal flaws in thinking in organizations that are homogeneous. Really it’s that stark of a difference. it takes a ton of work to do it right, investment in culture, common language, respect and curiosity for others life experience. But once the momentum is there it’s a force.

For this particular org I’m talking about we have a matrix for candidate evaluation and the top candidates - the only ones chosen - are skill / merit based but we then look to make sure of those top candidates and the full team when all spots are filled are representative of the mix we think is important for the organization. It makes the search harder, we often go seek out candidates we want to bring on or hire as opposed to simply passively receiving inquiries. Also once the word gets out you’ll start attracting top talent that wants to be in allstar group like ours.

Yes we will choose race, gender, or identity over white guys often, but our mix is 50/50 white to non-white, of the none white it’s fairly evenly split between Hispanic and black, 50/50 on gender, about 10-15% LGBTQ. So half our team is white, half of our team is men, and I’d wager 20% of our team are straight white men.  There is no outrage and we are one of the top performing organizations in our field.  The talent amassed is incredible. DEI done well is a game changer. 

and to be frank about it, with research showing how important diversity can be for derisking organizations, for quality decision making and working in an organization that has it dialed in, it’s looks like nothing but pure racism, sexism and LGBTQ-phobia when I see people bitch about DEI. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oil-and-gas-companies-seek-esg-loans-pledging-emissions-cuts-11672147496

From a series of similar articles, it appears that O&G is voluntarily implementing ESG measures to attract investment and avoid shareholder backlash. 

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/esg-financing-takes-flight-in-north-american-oil-gas-pipeline-sector-65099299

One bank is phasing out upstream lending entirely. https://www.ing.com/Newsroom/News/Press-releases/ING-takes-next-steps-on-energy-financing-after-COP28.htm

And it does appear that that is a trend constraining O&G lending.  Sounds good to me. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

omg that's enraging

It’s still unsettling that college adjacent people feel comfortable suggesting that absence of people of color (who do not play sports for LSU) can make white people happy.

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

It’s still unsettling that college adjacent people feel comfortable suggesting that absence of people of color (who do not play sports for LSU) can make white people happy.

Most SEC fans are college adjacent in the sense that IPIHB posters are Ana de Armas adjacent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Satchel said:

Going to the Sec should make racists in Texas feel better about themselves. Damn.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/watching-the-happiest-country-on-earth-finland-on-pbs/112931525/

The dumbfucks at Tiger Droppings embraced Qanon for a long fucking time, so it’s no surprise there’s racism there.  It’s a shame that many college athletes aren’t aware of those threads….

4 hours ago, Satchel said:

Going to the Sec should make racists in Texas feel better about themselves. Damn.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/watching-the-happiest-country-on-earth-finland-on-pbs/112931525/

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

omg that's enraging

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The dumbfucks at Tiger Droppings embraced Qanon for a long fucking time, so it’s no surprise there’s racism there.  It’s a shame that many college athletes aren’t aware of those threads….

Y'all wanted this, I'm JUST saying 😉

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

There's more sane responses on there than I would expect. 

sorry, i had to take my posrep back lol...there are a few 'sane responses' hypothesizing actual possible factors explaining high Finn happiness levels...but there's literally NONE calling out the blatant horrifying racist remarks 😳 like, nobody is responding with "motherfucker you did NOT just say that!"

i like to think that would be the reaction of the majority of surly posters, even in DT. gotdamn.

200w (15).gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Satchel said:

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

omg that's enraging

Is this real life??

"Black female cafeteria workers were the best when I was in H.S.
Me: 'Mattie Lee, you're so pretty. Will you marry me when I graduate?'
Her (laughing): 'Have an extra piece of fried chicken, Zach.'
This worked every Fried Chicken day of the year for me." 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Many college athletes don't need to be aware of those threads because they already know exactly how those fuckers think and feel about them. They've lived it their entire lives.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it happened in the 90s most here would have also. 

• 2 weeks later...

New Jersey HS has an unsanctioned (and racist) "White Student Union"

https://6abc.com/racially-biased-group-white-student-union-at-collingswood-high-school-being-investigated-by-camden-county-police/14677476/

COLLINGSWOOD, New Jersey (WPVI) -- A South Jersey school district and local police are investigating incidents of racial bias among high school students.

This includes the creation of the so-called 'White Student Union,' a non-sanctioned club at Collingswood High School in Camden County.

Students say kids in the club often racially harass other students.

High school administrators also informed the district that the students engaged in "unacceptable actions."

"It's been crazy in school, probably since last year," said student Kemani Wharton.

She says racial incidents at Collingswood High School reached a new level recently.

"I saw a lot of different things in school. It was like racial slurs," the ninth-grader recalled.

Members of the club reportedly call other students racial slurs. It's just one of the allegations now at the center of an investigation.

The Camden County Prosecutor's Office confirmed it is working with the Collingswood Police Department on an investigation into the alleged racial incidents.

"It's bothersome, especially this day and age to think that it's still going on and the stuff kids have to deal with," said Keyona Wharton, Kemani's mother.

Collingswood school officials say they cannot discuss the details of this incident as the investigation is ongoing, but Superintendent Fred McDowell sent a letter to the school community.

He addressed a racial bias incident that reportedly took place before spring break.

The letter read in part, "I am deeply troubled by the allegations. We remain deeply committed to dismantling racism in all its forms and providing equal access to an education that will empower all students."

Meanwhile, students say racism is an ongoing issue at the high school.

Last year, kids organized a peaceful protest which led to changes in the district's process of reporting discrimination.

Parents are saying they want to see the district take action in this case.

"I think they should crack down on it. I think, because there's no consequences for the students when they do certain things, that it's going to continue on. So I think they should crack down and there should be consequences," said Wharton.

The district will not discuss what specific action those students in the 'White Student Union' may face.

It is also unclear at this time how many students are involved in the unofficial club.

The superintendent's letter did state that, "any student who violates the district's code of conduct or the harassment, intimidation, and bullying policies will be disciplined appropriately."

Anyone with information on this incident is urged to contact the police immediately.

• Rage+1 3