2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

This is why every man needs an offset smoker and a brisket every Saturday during cfb season. Get the fire going before your wife wakes up. "Oh no, I really want to go to the 6 year old's birthday party, but I can't leave the fire unattended!"

Or just man up and tell the wife to leave you alone for the next four months. 

I get 95% of my weekend work done the rest of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Or just man up and tell the wife to leave you alone for the next four months. 

I get 95% of my weekend work done the rest of the year. 

I trade multiple things throughout the year for a Vegas CFB weekend with my buddies and being able to watch games all day with my buddies when Texas is away somewhere. This is the right strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I trade multiple things throughout the year for a Vegas CFB weekend with my buddies and being able to watch games all day with my buddies when Texas is away somewhere. This is the right strategy. 
The right strategy is to marry someone who demands we go to games in person and all in-season gatherings at the home only involve fellow Horns. My currency is foot massages through the season though.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I've gotten most of my weekend shit done during Longhorn football games for the past 12+ years because I've been either too nervous or too pissed to just sit and watch the games. Lotta nervous energy. I'm really hoping for some nice old fashioned ass kicking this fall so I can laze around, drink, and watch the game in peace. Bonus will be not terrifying my pets and children when I scream at the television. 

I am a bit jealous of the way the Ohio branch of my family can go into games against the Indianas and Illinoises of the world completely unconcerned. It would be nice to get back to that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I am a bit jealous of the way the Ohio branch of my family can go into games against the Indianas and Illinoises of the world completely unconcerned. It would be nice to get back to that.

You have jorts-wearing relatives? I pity you.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Bonus will be not terrifying my pets and children when I scream at the television. 

This is me. My dog doesn’t even want to come in the room if I’m watching the Horns. He can sense my nervous energy even if I’m not yelling at the tv. My 3 year old just laughs at me 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

I'd settle for a HC who doesn't make WTF decisions in fucking near every game we play. Well, plus bending the rules as others do... e.g. the injury play to get a few minutes to regroup and discuss options without burning a time out. It woulda been perfect for MensaTom to reply to any of the LSU fake injuries by having a WR go sweep motion, fall down and grab his leg when the D alignment made our playcall wrong. Gander sauce and all that...

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Remember what that was like? It is hard not to take it for granted when it is happening. It’s one of the things I miss the most. Give me 5-6 downright asswhippings against teams Texas should always be beating. Christ. 

I remember walking out of the loss to Iowa State in 2010 and the crowd was just in shock, dumbfounded. We all took for granted games like that were not even supposed to be close for so long. Little did we know that was the beginning of the end.

• Rage+1 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, closetojumping said:

You post all of this as though it is new and controversial. This is our collective view. Always has been. Always will be. Stated by numerous posters in numerous threads all over this site. 

A really good Saturday in the fall will be watching 15 SEC teams losing embarrassingly while Texas puts up a W. 

What I wouldn't give for aggy to have a winless season.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, TexasTroll said:
I was thinking the same, but lambo does/did make a $230,000 SUV….

Urus is basically an Audi Q7 in a party suit...he will fit fine.

Yep

since Audi owns Lamborghini, makes sense.

hopefully the OL will own everybody this year on and off the field.

Edited by TexasTroll

Yep
since Audi owns Lamborghini, makes sense.
hopefully the OL will own everybody this year on and off the field.

Having a Q7 and a neighbor that has the Urus about the only thing that is similar IMO when looking at them side by side is they are small SUVs with 4 doors and 4 tires. Sure there are similarities as far as Frame and technology.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kwood4408 said:

Having a Q7 and a neighbor that has the Urus about the only thing that is similar IMO when looking at them side by side is they are small SUVs with 4 doors and 4 tires. Sure there are similarities as far as Frame and technology.

2 things. So they are they are the exact same size. Illustrating the point that Majors would fit.

Calling a 5000lb 3 row suv small is hilarious

2 things. So they are they are the exact same size. Illustrating the point that Majors would fit.
Calling a 5000lb 3 row suv small is hilarious

In his defense, the jack offs in their pickups that dont haul shit, but have manlet steps do make the Q7 or Atlas seem kind of normal sized in comparison.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm just saying Lambo makes stuff that larger people can comfortably drive now, not saying the Urus is a badge engineered Q7, they are for different kinds of drivers. However they do share the same basic platform, Lamborghini didn't create a bespoke SUV chassis. With all that said, Jake isn't exactly the biggest of the Frontline beef, he could probably be fine in an Aventador or something as well.

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So how does the Lambo deal work? Do they throw in all the tens of thousands of dollars on repairs it needs after it falls apart in 10,000 miles?

Doesn't matter. He'll be in the film room all season, car won't get to 1,000. We win the Big 12 and show out in the playoffs, then he trades it in for a DBX707 when he and 3 of his peers get taken in the 1st round. Don't be a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1