45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ha good question.  And, it would be a stay of a state court, which would be . . .  problematic.  But, the Anti-Injunction Act does permit stays of state court proceedings in aid of federal court jurisdiction, even when it is questionable.

that was my question. How can there be a stay in aide to federal court jurisdiction when the courts already ruled there is none.

Interesting wrinkle in the Meadows appeal. The 11th Circuit has asked for briefing on whether the removal right applies to former officials or only current officials. If only current, dotard and the rest have no path to removal. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/09/13/mark-meadows-federal-appeals-court-georgia-case/70840974007/

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Horndog said:

Interesting wrinkle in the Meadows appeal. The 11th Circuit has asked for briefing on whether the removal right applies to former officials or only current officials. If only current, dotard and the rest have no path to removal. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/09/13/mark-meadows-federal-appeals-court-georgia-case/70840974007/

i’m not sure where this is going. I guess you could argue that if the individuals are no longer government employees, or acting under a current government employee, then the state criminal action does not actively interfere in any current running of the federal government, which removes the need for federal court intervention via removal. 

if that is the thinking, I guess they could argue that like a diversity jurisdiction case, you look at the time of the filing of the case to see if all the parties are non-diverse.  The fact parties move in or out of state after the filing does not invalidate a diversity removal that was proper at the time of the initial lawsuit filing.

……So maybe a criminal action filed while someone was still acting under color of federal law as a member of trumps staff could be removed to federal court, but could not be removed to federal court after Trump and the individual were no longer federal employees at the time of the indictments. 

Other than the above brain fart, I have not thought about this at all, and I’m kind of surprised by the question from the 11th circuit

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Other than the above brain fart, I have not thought about this at all, and I’m kind of surprised by the question from the 11th circuit

Here is the excerpt from the Order.  They are pointing out that a separate provision expressly includes the person's status at the time the action accrued.

In certain circumstances, 28 U.S.C. § 1442(a)(1) permits “any officer (or any person acting under that officer) of the United States or of any agency thereof, in an official or individual capacity,” to remove a civil action or criminal prosecution from state court to federal court. Does that statute permit former federal officers to remove state actions to federal court or does it permit only current federal officers to remove? Compare 28 U.S.C. § 1442(a)(1), with 28 U.S.C. § 1442(b) (permitting removal of “[a] personal action commenced in any State court by an alien against any citizen of a State who is, or at the time the alleged action accrued was, a civil officer of the United States and is a nonresident of such State . . .”).

3 hours ago, Horndog said:

That has been a question all along that has not been addressed. Also exactly what is an official. 

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Cannon entered CIPA protective orders in Florida yesterday.  She did not give Trump his special SCIF.  https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/150/united-states-v-trump/

How can this be?

Trump says he declassified them in his mind, and they all belong to him. And yet the judge in her order says that the documents all belong to the United States and are governed by the entity of the United States responsible for storing confidential and secret records.

Does the judge not know that Trump declassified them in his brain and they are all his stuff?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

BREAKING: The Sidney Powell and Ken Chesebro cases have been severed from Trump and the other defendants in the January 6th trial. Their trial will begin October 23, 2023. The other 16 will have their trial dates set at a later time. As of now they will face trial together. The world will be watching starting on October 23rd because it could have huge ramifications for Trump.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Seems to me that the Saudis trying to influence the elections by turning the tap down might bite them in the ass if Biden plays it right.  People are growing more weary and suspicious of O&G due to the extreme weather fluctuations.   Expose them to be the bullies they really are.  Talk about how they take all this wealth from across the world into their countries and build places like Dubai.   They don't even use any of that wealth to help their own countrymen, much less use any of it to help the rest of the planet.    How things like Dubai and Maserati golf carts are obtained on the backs of just not their people, but Americans too.  

Get into the program to drill more here, to insulate us from this, while at the same time pivoting to better alternatives.   Instead of riding a dying horse until it collapses and we're stuck in the middle of the badlands, like Mad Max.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 9/12/2023 at 10:15 PM, YGIFS said:

Over-inflating your net worth by billions of dollars while under indictment for over-inflating your net worth as you wage a media campaign to overstate your net worth in order to raise money to increase your net worth and detract from business decisions that undercut your net worth.  That totally commonplace thing that billionaires do?

I mean, at this point---you almost have to respect the man for how bold he mistreats his moronic acolytes.  

*Turns self in to authorities before a trial in which his credibility will play a pivotal role in determining whether he will remain a free man*

*Lies about weight*

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:08 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

If Trump has hundreds of millions of dollars of cash on hand, why doesn't he pay back the 600k he still owes the City of El Paso for security provided at his rally a few years ago. Not to mention all the other towns he still owes money to.

This is the least unbelievable part of this whole sordid Trump saga. Whether he has the money or not, why pay it if he doesn't really have to? That's his MO.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Get into the program to drill more here, to insulate us from this, while at the same time pivoting to better alternatives.

Easier said than done. The problem is that the people who stand to gain the most from more drilling are actively working to prevent the development of alternate energy. And as long as we’re addicted to oil for most of our energy needs, the Saudis will always be a major player and major influence. “Oil independence” isn’t a thing. What we need is independence from oil, where we get all our energy from renewable sources (and the sun) and there’s just no need for oil energy anymore. That’s when we can finally tell the Saudis to fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There are now rules in place for Trump’s team to review evidence from the government consistent with the Classified Information Procedures Act 

Which invariably will be declared as kangaroo court rules made up on the fly by the Biden Deep State to expand the witch hunt for Trump.  But yeah, some of this shit is being codified in real time because nobody ever thought, "Say, what if a former President illegally takes a bunch of top secret documents to his post-presidency bathroom and proclaims them unclassified/declassfied using his mind?  Should we write up a couple of provisos for that, or?"  That AUSA would be fired on the spot for smoking too much acid.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Which invariably will be declared as kangaroo court rules made up on the fly by the Biden Deep State to expand the witch hunt for Trump. 

We’re gonna hear that on every ruling that does not include a directed verdict of not guilty on grounds of woke communism.

• Like 1

In the past, Trump has demonstrated impressive restraint (in terms of departure from baseline toddler behavior) in depositions, hearings, court appearances, etc.  When some of these cases actually move into days and weeks long in-person appearances with no ability to call "time-out"...that's gonna weigh heavily on him.  He can't just blurt shit out and extrapolate like he does in civil litigation depositions.  I mean, he's never gonna take the stand but he has to just sit there and listen to this stuff about him.  My political bullshit aside, there has to be a serious conversation somewhere between his attorneys and physicians about what kind of drugs to give him in a few months to calm him down.  You want him calm and steady with regular heart rate and breathing.  But you don't want him so relaxed that he looks fucked up and/or won't respond to the judge or counsel checking with him.  It's a legit concern.  You let him just get hopped up on pills and caffeine, asshat can't contain himself as has been proven.  

I just realized this is going to be so much more fun than I thought.  Except for all shooting.  But hey, ain't that America?  /JCM

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Translation?

There are protective orders against public use/dissemination of "ordinary" confidential information, such as grand jury transcripts, witness identities, etc.

Then there is CIPA, Classified Information Procedures Act, which spells out how classified information will be handled during pretrial and trial proceedings.  This protective order governs the use of classified information before trial, who gets it, under what conditions, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP

Judge in Fulton County just told the parties that all 19 defendants would not be tried together, but if any decided not to waive his/her speedy trial right, that defendant could be tried on 10/3.  I have suspected that the try them all together idea was floated simply to force the defendants' respective hands on the speedy trial issue since Trump always was going to try to delay things.  If so, well played.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are protective orders against public use/dissemination of "ordinary" confidential information, such as grand jury transcripts, witness identities, etc.

Then there is CIPA, Classified Information Procedures Act, which spells out how classified information will be handled during pretrial and trial proceedings.  This protective order governs the use of classified information before trial, who gets it, under what conditions, etc.

I would think CIPA in civilian trials (whether criminal or civil) has significant overlap with how classified information is handled/discussed/shown in JAG courts?  

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

BREAKING: The Sidney Powell and Ken Chesebro cases have been severed from Trump and the other defendants in the January 6th trial. Their trial will begin October 23, 2023. The other 16 will have their trial dates set at a later time. As of now they will face trial together. The world will be watching starting on October 23rd because it could have huge ramifications for Trump.

If they are found guilty do they lose 5th amendment protections from testifying against Trump in his trial?

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If they are found guilty do they lose 5th amendment protections from testifying against Trump in his trial?

Thanks to the dual sovereign, where they are subject to prosecution for the same crimes at both the federal and state levels, no, probably not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Totally unrelated, but this pic made me think. How much gdamn money is Trump (meaning his rube base) spending on flying around in this plane?  Why on earth does he need a plane that big (other than penile deficiency issues)?  

spacer.png

Compensation for his tiny mushroom dick. 

Jim Caviezel compares Trump to King David from The Bible: https://www.newsweek.com/jim-caviezel-trump-king-david-sound-freedom-1826925

Actor Jim Caveziel thinks former President Donald Trump is a lot like the biblical figure, King David.

The star appeared on Steve Bannon's War Room podcast where he talked about Trump watching his film Sound of Freedom, in which he plays Tim Ballard, a former Homeland Security officer who started a non-profit aimed at ending child trafficking.

Sound of Freedom has faced accusations of being QAnon adjacent, but despite its controversies, has become the 10th highest grossing film in the U.S. so far this year.

During the podcast, Caviezel recalled how he described the film to the former president and asked him to watch it.

He told Trump: "When you watch this movie, you will be a peace and at rest because you more than anyone have done incredible things."

Caveziel continued by bring up religion and said Trump was "private about his faith" but was "getting it done for our Lord and savior."

"When you go back to David, Trump is like that. Here's a boy that was called out and many people didn't like him as including his own—I'm talking about David now—own father. And he was selected by God," he said.

"I believe Donald Trump was selected by God almighty... he probably didn't think he was the best guy [to be president] or maybe he thought he was the best guy, because in my opinion, he's pretty great.

"A guy like him will be able to sit there and watch this [Sound of Freedom] and feel safe and peace, and I think that a lot of people that watch this that are following God, feel that way."

David featured in the Christian Bible as a shepherd and harpist who went on to defeat Goliath in a battle and become a prophet of God. Some parts of the Bible also say Jesus is a direct descendent of King David.

In the Hebrew Bible, David is considered the third king of Israel and wrote the book of psalms. He also features in the Quran as a prophet of Allah.

Trump hosted a Sound of Freedom screening at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, in July where Caviezel was in attendance.

"Thank you all so much, that was incredible," Trump said to the crowd at the screening following the film's ending.

"Jim, that was unbelievable," Trump added after turning to Caviezel.

"It's something that I'm not sure if you're supposed to enjoy or learn, it's a combination, but that was a great movie. Now I understand why it's doing so well.

"It's setting records by the way, it's eating the biggest movies out there, they have some of the big summer blockbusters and this is knocking the socks off of them. So that's pretty good.

umwhat-what.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Jim Caviezel compares Trump to King David from The Bible: https://www.newsweek.com/jim-caviezel-trump-king-david-sound-freedom-1826925

umwhat-what.gif

They psychotic "up is actually down" delusion by the fundagelicals is still something I just can't grasp.  I mean, I know they were already inclined to believe in fantasy land, but FFS, believing that the cruelest, most selfish/self-absorbed narcissist I've ever seen (not just politician, all humans I've ever seen)....is a fucking instrument of God?  WTF is wrong with your fucking God?

• Hook 'Em 6

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They psychotic "up is actually down" delusion by the fundagelicals is still something I just can't grasp.  I mean, I know they were already inclined to believe in fantasy land, but FFS, believing that the cruelest, most selfish/self-absorbed narcissist I've ever seen (not just politician, all humans I've ever seen)....is a fucking instrument of God?  WTF is wrong with your fucking God?

Dude, the whole idea behind the fundamentalists started with a pamphlet called The Fundamentals back in the 1920s. They were a series of statements that Must Be True No Matter What, and were a reaction against all the new discoveries of the Enlightenment that had begun to challenge certain closely-held beliefs (e.g., that the word "Virgin" was from a term that originally just meant a young woman, and nothing to do with her sexual history).

It is a religious movement founded on lies from the start. Always has been.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Dude, the whole idea behind the fundamentalists started with a pamphlet called The Fundamentals back in the 1920s. They were a series of statements that Must Be True No Matter What, and were a reaction against all the new discoveries of the Enlightenment that had begun to challenge certain closely-held beliefs (e.g., that the word "Virgin" was from a term that originally just meant a young woman, and nothing to do with her sexual history).

It is a religious movement founded on lies from the start. Always has been.

So if Mary wasn't a virgin that means she's an adultress and a slut?