45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

This reminds me of a tv comedy where a random episode takes place in a courtroom, and all the crazy characters all do their typical crazy stuff, to the amazement of everyone there.

Or like Michael Scott in a deposition with David Wallace.

AG: Mr. Trump, do you realize you just contradicted yourself?
DT: "I did."

AG: Yes, you did.
DT: Can I go to the bathroom?

AG: No.

DT: I really have to. I've been drinking lots of water."

AG: You went five minutes ago.

DT: That wasn't to go to the bathroom, that was to get out
of a question.

AG: You still have to answer it.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I watched a brief recap of this on the national news tonight (Lester Holt). No fucking wonder Dotard is leading in the polls. They treated this like "ho hum, just every day politics. Trump has his side and the AG has a different side. We'll see what happens. Btw, Trump is leading that old guy Biden in the polls. Anyway...."

That is a small exaggeration but not much.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

I watched a brief recap of this on the national news tonight (Lester Holt). No fucking wonder Dotard is leading in the polls. They treated this like "ho hum, just every day politics. Trump has his side and the AG has a different side. We'll see what happens. Btw, Trump is leading that old guy Biden in the polls. Anyway...."
That is a small exaggeration but not much.
Legit media is just as culpable as Fox etc. NPR for 7 years: "What do you think president Trump meant when he shit himself and struck a female aid with a ketchup bottle?"
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He's letting Trump talk himself into a corner, no reason to throw contempt at him when larger sharks are circling in the water.  This is brilliant, IMO.  No jury or TV crew from which to garner sympathy.  

Something something about getting out of your enemy's way when they are fucking things up themselves.

Found this quote while unsuccessfully looking for the one above:

If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

James, Endrogon, Willis and Smith can learn a thing or two from the old general.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

On the responsiveness to questions, that's usually something counsel will bring up first, making an objection.  At some point, the judge might take over in admonishing the witness to answer the questions, but it's the primary responsibility of the questioning lawyer.

Lawdogs call it "witness control."  It can be tough to do without looking to a jury like you're bullying the witness or being unfair.

Because this is a bench trial, though, Engoron didn't want to listen to a bunch of shit and took it  upon himself.  Apparently, though, he let up when he realized counsel wasn't really objecting.  Sometimes you just want to go ahead and let the witness prattle on.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

image.png.955ec6ede9efb45c37783183d46fbaa4.png

It looks like he’s trying to sketch Lindsey Graham trying to look like Donald Trump trying to do the double ghost handjob dance upon request but is giving up like “I can’t just do it in cue.  I have to feel the vibe…”

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smax said:

Trumps attorney printing up a the law firm name and logo and then taping it to her laptop, LOL

I’m surprised she didn’t auction off the space for ad placement purposes. Or maybe she did and the only org that bid on it was the same org stupid enough to hire her dumb ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My bad, Old Post Office.  I forget that's the tradename for the property.  I thought it was some legal real estate shorthand I was too dumb to recognize.  

Poe It Up assures us that yesterday was a good day for Trump due to his testimony coverage.  But when the bench trial's judge increases your damages by 47% in less than 24 hours.  Yeah, election cycle or not...that's not a good day for a self-made real estate billionaire guru mogul.  That's a worse day than WeWork had yesterday, and that's fucking saying something.

• Haha 1

Also, my bad.  I'm so used to seeing posts from X and Truth Social about her, that "AG" doesn't register with my brain unless it's proceeded by "FRAUDULENT, RACIST, POLITICALLY MOTIVATED, NYAG LETITIA JAMES!" 

Anyway, shit-tastic result for Trump.  Who knew that while under oath, claiming your properties were undervalued while also being overvalued at the same time by the same banks and the phantom CFO wasn't the hot play you thought it was in the car ride over?

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 2