45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

On 11/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, Red Five said:

I watched a brief recap of this on the national news tonight (Lester Holt). No fucking wonder Dotard is leading in the polls. They treated this like "ho hum, just every day politics. Trump has his side and the AG has a different side. We'll see what happens. Btw, Trump is leading that old guy Biden in the polls. Anyway...."

That is a small exaggeration but not much.

Very succinct description of TV news. They don't find news themselves, they just get opinion quotes. They maintain an absolutely childish adherence to the notion that there are two approximately equal sides to every story.

They wouldn't have any news at all to report if it weren't for print journalism. They only cover predictable stuff. They love the election cycle because they can just about say the same thing in 2 and 3 year cycles with just a few name changes. 

They're fumbling the two biggest stories since WW2: Climate Cataclysm and the Fascist Threat to the USA. They handle them pretty much just as Red 5 describes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Our good friend Chelsea Davis, RIP, erstwhile patent lawyer and florid bipolar schizophrenic, was a TCA grad.
ETA:  Correction, Clark, son of Lamar, current owner of KC Chiefs, went to St. Marks, not TCA.

I figured every Texan would be familiar with the Hunt family. I don’t know if there is anybody more influential in the current national sports landscape than Lamar.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TexPx said:

I figured every Texan would be familiar with the Hunt family. I don’t know if there is anybody more influential in the current national sports landscape than Lamar.

In addition to the three families, there's a lot of other weird shit in their story, some of which I didn't know. That D magazine article above is pretty fascinating. 

And the current, ongoing AG Hill III stuff is pretty bizarre and fascinating. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

Good editorial in NYT.  https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%3A//www.nytimes.com/2023/11/07/opinion/trump-fraud-trial.html#site-content

Nothing particularly groundbreaking, I guess, but I like the way he puts things.  And it centers on the notion that Trump is, for maybe the first time in his life, really stuck in a highly factual forum, where his bloviation won't carry the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So I give it about ten minutes into her testimony before its clear she protecting herself and throwing her brothers completely under the bus.  

spacer.png

"This thing is bigger than my dad. This is big bank business, not a real estate issue. Look at him. Kareem Akbar. He's the head of the Trump Organization. That's right. The educated brother from the bank. He's the real head of the Trump Organization." 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

For those that don't want to go to the twitters:

BREAKING: Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump throws her husband Jared Kushner under the bus while testifying under oath at the Trump Organization’s $250 fraud trial in New York.

While being questioned by prosecutors from Attorney General Letitia James’ office, Ivanka Trump threw Kushner to the wolves, admitting under oath that it was Kushner himself who introduced her to the Deutsche Bank banker who helped Donald Trump and the Trump Organization commit financial fraud by inflating Trump’s assets in order to secure fraudulent loans for its Miami Doral gold course, the Old Post Office in D.C., as well as a large property in Chicago.

This is devastating news not only for the Trump Organization, but for her own husband Jared Kushner, which she just exposed to criminal liability for helping Trump and the Trump family business commit rampant fraud with her devastating testimony. Tick-tock, Jared Kushner…

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, gernblansten said:

spacer.png

"This thing is bigger than my dad. This is big bank business, not a real estate issue. Look at him. Kareem Akbar. He's the head of the Trump Organization. That's right. The educated brother from the bank. He's the real head of the Trump Organization." 

It's bigger than your mushroom dad??

Well-Yea.gif

Ok, something just occurred to me here.

As far as I can tell, all of the loans in question here closed long prior to limitations, like 2010, 2011, 2012.  They objected to her testifying to any of that.

But where that may be important is that, yes there was a species of fraud occurring every time Trump submitted a bs SFC according to loan covenants.  So that sustains the summary judgment.  And those events all occurred within limitations.

But the fraud that set the loan terms occurred outside the statute of limitations.  So, I am not sure Engoron is really going to be able to look at the loan terms to decide a disgorgement number.  There may be some way around this.

But prepare your anus.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As far as I can tell, all of the loans in question here closed long prior to limitations, like 2010, 2011, 2012.  They objected to her testifying to any of that.

But where that may be important is that, yes there was a species of fraud occurring every time Trump submitted a bs SFC according to loan covenants.  So that sustains the summary judgment.  And those events all occurred within limitations.

But the fraud that set the loan terms occurred outside the statute of limitations.  So, I am not sure Engoron is really going to be able to look at the loan terms to decide a disgorgement number.  There may be some way around this.

But prepare your anus.

I don’t speak lawyer but this is what I got 

IMG_2296.gif.047b41303aa15ea8576ec5b6378453b1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But prepare your anus.

They've frequently brought up that the terms of the agreement required DJT to maintain a certain net worth.  Presumably if he had to attest to "still" being above the number (or perhaps failing to report that he had fallen under it) at any date inside the limitations, the savings he subsequently experienced on interest rates due to that fraud would be subject to disgorgement.

• Hook 'Em 1

Please tell me somebody has worked up a meme of the two astronauts with Eric looking out into the distance, asking "Hey Dad, Revocable Trusts mean you trust me forever right?"  And Donald holding the pistol to his head, "Sure son, that's what it means..." 

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

My ex-wife was always whining about how she should have married her childhood friend Clark Hunt instead of me.

50/50 chance
- she was once in the same room with him
(probably at Kanakuk or Neiman Marcus)
- she blew him at church camp

My wife once dated the son of a former regent at Texas Tech. The dude is a billionaire. He's good friends with my ex-in laws, who sent him my way when he was having trouble insuring his $12M secondary residence in Montecito. I was showing my wife the pictures when we were working on it and told her, "See, you could've had this!"

And we laughed and laughed and laughed.

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

In addition to the three families, there's a lot of other weird shit in their story, some of which I didn't know. That D magazine article above is pretty fascinating. 

And the current, ongoing AG Hill III stuff is pretty bizarre and fascinating. 

It's interesting that they try and legislate morality to everybody else when that family tree is crazy fucked up.

5 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

And she's on the stand.  Let the good times roll.

Can't wait for the "They're attacking his poor child to get at him" line in the lunchtime press conference.

Seth Meyers made that joke Monday night about bearded Eric and Junior -- the mean ol' prosecution was going after Trump's wittle "kids"

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But prepare your anus.

Are you saying Ivanka should prepare her anus? Engoron should prepare his anus? or I should prepare my anus?  Exactly whose anus is in jeopardy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4