45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can't decide if Smith or M. Night Shyamawhatever had more of a straight shot down into irrelevance.  It's nuanced.

Teen me is very disappointed in Smith completely giving up on developing as an artist just because Jersey Girl (better than reviews would suggest) and Cop Out bombed. Pussy. 

Chasing Amy hasn't aged well, and it was probably never as good as I thought it was, but it was an important piece of queer representation (through the eyes of a cis straight man lmao) to teenage me.

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Chasing Amy hasn't aged well, 

That's an understatement.  I watched it a couple of years ago, expecting the same rush I got when it came out because of the super smart dialog, etc.

Yeah, it wasn't super smart at all.  It was painful.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's an understatement.  I watched it a couple of years ago, expecting the same rush I got when it came out because of the super smart dialog, etc.

Same experience. I hadn't seen it since probably 2000, and had been a big fan. Yeaaahhhh.... not great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah it's tough to get through now. Hooper X still slaps tho. 

image.png.ac59bc02fcc9d52f21ee77ecee74204a.png

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Same experience. I hadn't seen it since probably 2000, and had been a big fan. Yeaaahhhh.... not great. 

Man....but peak Joey Lauren Adams may have been the most enchantingly cute gal in existence.

And, I've long known a flight attendant who is a dead-ringer for her.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

They've frequently brought up that the terms of the agreement required DJT to maintain a certain net worth.  Presumably if he had to attest to "still" being above the number (or perhaps failing to report that he had fallen under it) at any date inside the limitations, the savings he subsequently experienced on interest rates due to that fraud would be subject to disgorgement.

Yeah, assuming the remedies for the lender were a rise in rates, that could be possible.  I had kind of assumed, without having seen the testimony, that the disgorgement figure was based on the loan amount at X% when it would have been Y% if the facts were known.  But what you said is a definite possibilty.

csb alert/ I think I told this lame-ass story on LFZ about 20 years ago.  I'm home alone for Christmas working and sending some gifts to my family in Chicago from some UPS/Fedex shop on South Lamar.  My cheap ass flip phone is outta batteries and I don't know the zip code to where my sisters just moved.  So guy behind counter gives me the old-school zip code book by suburbs for every town in America.  I'm flipping through and staring in frustration.  I look up just a tad and packing up a box is this neon purple thong almost all the way up outta the jeans of the owner.  She's as frustrated as me.  She stands up, straightens her jeans, and turns and does this cute hair tuck thing behind the ear.  Sure enough, it was Joey Lauren Adams.  I guess she was living in Austin at the time.  I'll never forget that ass shot and she made my lonely holiday season a little brighter.  It was a quainter town back then...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 4

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Are you saying Ivanka should prepare her anus? Engoron should prepare his anus? or I should prepare my anus?  Exactly whose anus is in jeopardy?

Well I am trying to find weaknesses in James case. For example, reasons the business death penalty or huge disgorgement numbers bandied about won't hold up. 

I don't think any appeal will absolve him by any stretch, but the major penalties may not. Any current celebration may premature. So it's the collective anus that may be in jeopardy. 

The surly cloaca if you will. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

We were semi-regulars at Egos for a few years in the early to mid 00’s and there was a period where JLA was there a lot as well. As hot as she was she was even sweeter. Would talk to anyone and dance with anyone that approached her. My crush since Dazed only grew bigger. 

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well that's what happens when you don't blow the I.T. guy, you dumb cunt.  For being the smart one, Ivanka really going about this the wrong way...

I believe that is Jared's responsibility in their household.

3 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I'd say the sketch artist nailed the Merton Hanks-ish neck seen in the actual photo from today. I was unaware.

image.jpeg.2626f19e8a86b9d3d2093d643f4284f1.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Drool 2

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, women often look 50 when they're . . . 50.

You must be quite the connoisseur of vocal fry and up talk.   

But if acting like you liked Chasing Amy got your date to hop into bed with you, you're the winner.

Her voice made me want to reach up to the screen and punch her larynx. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, smuggs said:

She's had more work done recently. Starting to look like Cher.

77557659-12722691-image-a-138_1699454132

77555373-12722691-image-a-129_1699451759

enews_20230306_cher_352821_560x315_21790

are there just tons of people walking around with successful versions of this kind of cosmetic surgery and we don't even know because of course if you notice it, it is bad?

18 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

are there just tons of people walking around with successful versions of this kind of cosmetic surgery and we don't even know because of course if you notice it, it is bad?

It looks like Ivanka had buccal fat pad removal done when she was younger. It's a common surgery that creates a sunken cheek look when normally the cheeks are puffy. It makes younger women look older and more mature, but that comes with an obvious cost later. Compare her cheeks now to below. 

image.png.0b904b36c5c5171fe651a163c833412f.png

See these before and after pics from a plastic surgery website. 

image.png.37c624866a5d38a1013426fb352c97d2.png

The problem is when women get older, the fat in the area goes away naturally. This creates a sunken look naturally that looks like meth mouth when they've had buccal fat pad surgery as well. It looks gaunt and shitty, so they have to get other implants to stretch the area out try to make it look normal, which doesn't work. 

No matter what they do, they are chasing away meth mouth. 

Edited by Pods