45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, VivaNaranja said:

The dudes declared bankruptcy 4-5 times so far selling gambling, steak, and football to Americans. He's shameless and his followers are gullible. He would do.it again and they wouldn't care

This chucklefuck could go broke selling pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

@TwiceHorn Even you’ve got to admit this is a complete mockery of the justice system, no? 

You can't really tell anything from that.  

Chutkan slow-rolled a similar motion from the government where it was a lot bigger issue because of privilege assertions.  https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/147/united-states-v-trump/

The problem here is that when a defendant invokes advice of counsel, he waives all privilege as to advice from that counsel and the government may be entitled to interview them again, without privilege assertion.  Smith has already pierced privilege in the Mar A Lago case, he had not in the January 6 case.  There was a more compelling reason to grant such a motion early in DC because of the number of counsel whose privilege would then be waived.

Also, it's not nearly as clear that Trump would invoke advice of counsel in the Mar A Lago case.  For one, it doesn't provide much of a defense, and second, possibly more important, I don't think he got any exculpatory advice from anyone except maybe Tom Fitton, who isn't a lawyer in the first place.

Does it look good for a March trial date?  Nah.  But not sure that was realistic in the first place.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Does it look good for a March trial date?  Nah.  But not sure that was realistic in the first place.

the big lebowski dude GIF

Trumps ability to indefinitely delay justice does make me question the how realistic it is that he will face any meaning consequence. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

the big lebowski dude GIF

Trumps ability to indefinitely delay justice does make me question the how realistic it is that he will face any meaning consequence. 

Realistically, Aileen Cannon aside, to have a trial date in less than a year in the Mar A Lago case would have been a challenge given the role of classified information and CIPA.  It would take a firm, smart, and experienced judge to keep an early trial setting on track.

And, first trial settings from most judges are aspirational more than realistic almost any time.

Chutkan, who seems to be firm, smart, and experienced is not going to be able to stick to her first trial date, either, for different reasons.

This particular motion has little or nothing to do with the trial date.

I like Joyce Vance a lot, but she's being pretty hysterical here, especially with the "ever."

NB this is not a defense of Cannon, it's some perspective on a matter where there is a seeming total perspective vortex.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

@TwiceHorn Even you’ve got to admit this is a complete mockery of the justice system, no? 

I think Twice is a very sophisticated AI that was programmed to be a very good and thoughtful poster on all issues except Aileen Cannon.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think Twice is a very sophisticated AI that was programmed to be a very good and thoughtful poster on all issues except Aileen Cannon.

Well, some of the things speculated about her are fucking ridiculous.  Joyce Vance, above, would be Exhibit A.  Possibly ever.  Goddam Joyce, get a grip.

Anyone who thought our Justice system was up to the task of protecting our Constitution from tfg was wrong. I point to the timing of the upcoming trials and the 14th Amendment as justification for my claim. The orange despot will not be precluded from the ballot.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Anyone who thought our Justice system was up to the task of protecting our Constitution from tfg was wrong. I point to the timing of the upcoming trials and the 14th Amendment as justification for my claim. The orange despot will not be precluded from the ballot.

NYT: Legal Professionals Have No Duty to Uphold the Constitution. Here’s Why We Should Feel Good About That.

by @TwiceHorn

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Please just die. For the love of god, just die.

(not you @Francisco 2.0)

Hate fuels this POS.  This has to be a SIM, in any world that makes any sense at all he'd be dead 100x over.  I've given up at this point.  He needs to be beaten at the ballot box because the fat fuck will not die. 

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 4:03 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Genuinely remarkable what going full-MAGA does to a person.

image.thumb.png.48fe3f944e24b4f58676ace8834639e7.png

image.png.a6786c59fd0fc3b4c5827a20958464c4.png

She's becoming Sarah Huckabee. I guess it's the result of surrendering your soul and integrity to align with the plague. Sad. She looks like a nice person in the before shot. In the second, she has the hollow eyes of a person with just a shred of dignity and soul who knows it will soon be gone.

She look like this in the end. The grim toady to a shit monster.

image.png.702ca52c0e248aeeee6a7db9780e5af4.png

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

58 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In fairness, a lot of those men say “whew….he wasn’t taking about me…because I prefer sexually assaulting young boys.”

all this, grabbing a pussy is a foreign concept to them. they want and crave molesting kids

Yeah, why is the most disturbing thing about that he clearly pauses to collect his thoughts and declares that we’ve had television stars on our planet for one million years?   

It’s like you never even watched the famous documentary “The Flintstones.”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1