45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

44 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

If we are lucky the Supreme Court will decline to take up his bullshit immunity case.  That would be a nice week.  

Honestly, I think they have to take it.  They can rubber stamp the ruling from the D.C. circuit and put this whole thing to bed for the future as well.  And I'd love to see a 8-1 ruling with Chucklefuck Thomas being the lone dissent and his opinion being written in crayon.

• Like 1

Checking the Docket in Mar A Lago, saw this:

PAPERLESS ORDER denying, with clarification, Defendants' Motion to Adjourn Pre-Trial Motions Deadlines 285 . The deadline to file pre-trial motions (as distinct from motions in limine seeking the exclusion of specific evidence/arguments from being presented during trial) remains February 22, 2024. However, to the extent the Court's resolution of the pending Motions to Compel Discovery 262 yields a specified need of any party to supplement previously filed pre-trial motions and/or to file evidentiary motions that could not reasonably have been filed by February 22, 2024, the Court will consider such arguments as appropriate, but only upon a particularized and timely showing that events post-dating February 22, 2024, clearly justify additional pre-trial briefing. Signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon on 2/15/2024. (jf01) (Entered: 02/15/2024)

Whatever else she's doing, she's sticking by existing deadlines.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Honestly, I think they have to take it.  They can rubber stamp the ruling from the D.C. circuit and put this whole thing to bed for the future as well.  And I'd love to see a 8-1 ruling with Chucklefuck Thomas being the lone dissent and his opinion being written in crayon.

Well I do also think it would be 8-1 or 7-2 against Trump, I'd rather they just decline to hear it.  Once it gets to SCOTUS, anything bad that can happen could happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Well I do also think it would be 8-1 or 7-2 against Trump, I'd rather they just decline to hear it.  Once it gets to SCOTUS, anything bad that can happen could happen. 

I read his response, and have seen a bunch of legal analysts also describe his response as really having no legal merit.  In other words, even if they wanted to help (I don't think they do, his aims and theirs aren't the same), he and his legal team gave them no reason to do so.  If they decline, a trial date will be set, pending the NY case, which I think I read they expect to take 4 to 6 weeks.  That would put this one on track potentially to be May 1 to May 15.  I have no idea how long the DC insurrection case would take, but interestingly enough, if he is found guilty prior to the convention, if I have this right he's disqualified pending appeal.  I'm not entirely sure I have that right, is it that he's disqualified but the appeal stays that disqualification (this is what I would personally prefer)?  

18 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Alito would dissent too. 

15 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yall laugh but austin recently hosted a potato convention. for real. 

When they built the Hays ISD performing arts center the economic development corp guy for Buda was super excited because there was a cat show he really wanted us to get. 
“These cat people come to town and spend BIG MONEY,” he said. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

SCOTUS rarely takes cases for rubber-stamping purposes, there is usually a legitimate dispute or split among circuits. This issue is so clear cut a denial would send that message. Alito and Thomas can dissent to denial of cert to ensure their bosses know that they would happily play along with nonsense.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

But will he ever be forced to pay a dime of it?

No Way Smh GIF by FTX_Official

Like @The Dog said, the legal fees are what to watch.  He’s going to have a hard time funding legal teams, and the quality will show.

Plus, if he can drain the RNC’s coffers, that will affect a whole shitload of races across the country, as well as GOTV efforts.  It will also cut down contributions from BMDs who want to fund political races, not Donnie’s legal bills.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, 'stache said:

SCOTUS rarely takes cases for rubber-stamping purposes, there is usually a legitimate dispute or split among circuits. This issue is so clear cut a denial would send that message. Alito and Thomas can dissent to denial of cert to ensure their bosses know that they would happily play along with nonsense.

when it's trump all the normal rules go out the window

• Hook 'Em 1

sorry for not keeping up, but does the Erdogan ruling on Trump‘s businesses -especially the imposition of some oversight by a monitor - give that monitor the right to participate in determining which businesses they will sell off to pay E. Jean if need be?

IOW, not as much power as a bankruptcy trustee, but some control over payments of judgments against Trump business entities?  I’m not clear on how that works. 

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I’ll believe a man who has committed as much fraud as Trump has in his lifetime is “bleeding money” when I see it.

He has blood coming out of his eyes... or blood coming out of his whatever.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I’ll believe a man who has committed as much fraud as Trump has in his lifetime is “bleeding money” when I see it.

He’s not bleeding his money.  He’s definitely bleeding the R’s money.  And that’s even better.  Great job Donny, give yourself an extra scoop today.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

44 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

He ain't bleeding HIS money.  He's bleeding those two things of THEIR money....which means it's money those entities can't use to advance any political purpose.  And that's good for we the people.  Let Trump suck all the life and blood out of that party, so it's an empty husk unable to do anything but funnel all of its money and reduced power directly to him.

A dollar spent to serve Trump's greed, vanity, and stupidity, is a dollar not spent supporting downballot Republican candidates.  That's a very good thing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

He ain't bleeding HIS money.  He's bleeding those two things of THEIR money....which means it's money those entities can't use to advance any political purpose.  And that's good for we the people.  Let Trump suck all the life and blood out of that party, so it's an empty husk unable to do anything but funnel all of its money and reduced power directly to him.

A dollar spent to serve Trump's greed, vanity, and stupidity, is a dollar not spent supporting downballot Republican candidates.  That's a very good thing.

It's like the wasps who lay their eggs in spiders.  The eggs hatch, and the wasp larva eat the spider from the inside.

AND I'M HERE FOR IT!!!  EVERY FUCKING DOLLAR THEY CAN'T SPEND ON A RACE.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And then Elon Musk decides to donate a few billion and the Saudis match it. 

Might be.

And you know where all of THAT money will go?  Yep....same place.  You think Trump will be satisfied with whatever he's already sucked out of the party....or will he want more more more more?

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Might be.

And you know where all of THAT money will go?  Yep....same place.  You think Trump will be satisfied with whatever he's already sucked out of the party....or will he want more more more more?

As a dictator who’s never faced justice for any of his crimes? More more more, of course. 

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He’s not bleeding his money.  He’s definitely bleeding the R’s money.  And that’s even better.  Great job Donny, give yourself an extra scoop today.  

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly.

What I'm wondering if whether or not this becomes an inflection point for Trump. Trump only cares about his money and once his lawyers aren't being paid by the PACs then it's going to need to come from somewhere else.

Keep in mind that the GOP is rumored to only have about $8 million in cash on hand. That's less than two months' worth of legal bills based on what he paid last year and that was without billing for criminal defense trials. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

If no benefactor shows up then it's time for him to pay out of his own pocket - will that cause him to finally seek a deal? 

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm starting to think that the 77 year-old twice impeached dude facing 91 felony counts and $550 million in various fines probably shouldn't be running for President of the United States.

But hey, lets see if Jon Stewart devotes another episode tonight to Biden being a whole three years older.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

sorry for not keeping up, but does the Erdogan ruling on Trump‘s businesses -especially the imposition of some oversight by a monitor - give that monitor the right to participate in determining which businesses they will sell off to pay E. Jean if need be?

IOW, not as much power as a bankruptcy trustee, but some control over payments of judgments against Trump business entities?  I’m not clear on how that works. 

Probably not explicitly by Engoron's order.  But inasmuch as she is already a receiver of sorts, it might facilitate something like a Texas turnover order, or what I think is called elsewhere a "charging order."

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Would it surprise anyone if Erdogan was involved?

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

In this timeline, it’s best to imagine the worst

Trump asked Elon to turn off Ukraine’s access to Starlink to help Russia. 

If Trump’s Twitter account comes back to life, I wonder who will have reached out for the arrangement.

And how much Tesla stock is involved.