45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

"I DID NOTHING WRONG!"

"You stole them, lied about it, hid them, lied again, refused to give them back, lied again, are still lying, and probably still have who knows how many stashed who knows how many different places."

"YEP NOTHING WRONG!" 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

please let this be where he strokes out.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree.  I am hard-wired to enjoy his rants, especially as the noose tightens.  Will it ever tighten completely?  No idea, but at least it's entertainment in the meantime.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

And by accidentally flooded, they mean he hooked up a portable water pump and ran hose from it in to the server room, then turned on the pump.

...after placing all servers on the floor and then setting them on their sides.

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

"BREAKING: During that meeting Trump lawyers tried to allege that there were prosecutorial mishandling & leaks. Jack Smith pointed out that the next door is for the Inspector General's (IG) office & if they have any specific allegations they can fill out those forms with his office. Trump lawyers left the building immediately without seeing the IG. "

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

I'm not sure that bit is verified? Appears to have been posted by a random twitter account without attribution. 

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm not sure that bit is verified? Appears to have been posted by a random twitter account without attribution. 

I don't know how anyone other than the meeting attendees could have any inkling of what happened if they weren't in the room. I highly doubt either party is going to immediately talk to the press about it, in any case

Just now, Red Five said:

I think we can put away the whole "Trump just wanted to keep them because he thought they were his and he is stubborn" thing, right? 

He REALLY REALLY wanted these documents. 

likely the only way to get out from under his creditors. i mean, he wasn't going to get there charging for speeches or useless merch. that just keeps them going in the meantime. fucking grifters. hope they all swing

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

And by accidentally flooded, they mean he hooked up a portable water pump and ran hose from it in to the server room, then turned on the pump.

Well, you know, sometimes you just have a pool with hoses and pumps going to the IT room like a have a van filled with bowling balls, scorpions and a deep fryer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Well, you know, sometimes you just have a pool with hoses and pumps going to the IT room like a have a van filled with bowling balls, scorpions and a deep fryer. 

I run an unusual business and I'll thank you not to judge.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

He was able to "thread the needle" by scoring upset wins in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania by razor-thin margins. Largely because Hillary didn't even campaign in two of those states (Wisconsin and Michigan). 

I said I understand how the Electoral College works.  My point is that now he is bitching about nothing and nobody even brings up the fact that he lost the popular vote in 2016 and people dealt with it instead of pissing and moaning about it.

Ugh.  I wish venue in DC would stick, but I don't think it will.

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in a district where the offense was committed. The court must set the place of trial within the district with due regard for the convenience of the defendant, any victim, and the witnesses, and the prompt administration of justice.

• Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Tyrus, "Donald?  None of us could stand the son of a bitch when he was alive, so we told him to stick it!  HA!"  

4 to 5 active cases.  Dozens of primaries.  Several debates.  For an about to be 77yo obese man under extreme stress to grift.  He never sees in the inside of a jail cell.  But this is all about calendars, disruption to the RNC, and watching this man drop dead in the Summer/Autumn of 2024.  that's all this is.  None of these prosecutors have any illusions otherwise.  We get to watch this piece of shit die in real time and drink mushrooms, smoke bourbon, and crap thunder. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Tyrus, "Donald?  None of us could stand the son of a bitch when he was alive, so we told him to stick it!  HA!"  

4 to 5 active cases.  Dozens of primaries.  Several debates.  For an about to be 77yo obese man under extreme stress to grift.  He never sees in the inside of a jail cell.  But this is all about calendars, disruption to the RNC, and watching this man drop dead in the Summer/Autumn of 2024.  that's all this is.  None of these prosecutors have any illusions otherwise.  We get to watch this piece of shit die in real time and drink mushrooms, smoke bourbon, and crap thunder. 

Also, Cobb was not, as far as I know, Trump's private attorney.  He was employed by the Office of White House Counsel during the Mueller investigation.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in a district where the offense was committed. The court must set the place of trial within the district with due regard for the convenience of the defendant, any victim, and the witnesses, and the prompt administration of justice.

The offense was taking the documents from the residence in dc, right?  At least for him/whoever had them removed. 

staff that helped hide/obstruct obviously are Florida. 

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is a Federal Crime against the National Archives where the files where initially absconded out the White House not jurisdiction enough to warrant to the venue?

Also, if there is to be an espionage act charge, would it matter which Federal venue it is prosecuted?  (Also initial theft occurred in DC)

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The offense was taking the documents from the residence in dc, right?  At least for him/whoever had them removed. 

staff that helped hide/obstruct obviously are Florida. 

Probably not actually.  The obstruction occurred in Florida, and 793 relates to "unlawful retention" and to showing them to people. https://www.lawfareblog.com/wheres-venue-risks-charging-mar-lago-case-dc

But, what the fuck, might as well make him make the motion.

Oh shit, unlike a civil case, venue is not waivable, and trying a case in the wrong venue can reverse the conviction.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, Cobb was not, as far as I know, Trump's private attorney.  He was employed by the Office of White House Counsel during the Mueller investigation.

Yeah well, when that asshole hits .400---I'll give a shit.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, bolverk said:

You know that phenomenon whereby a word losses all meaning when repeated over and over again rapidly? Yeah, that's called semantic satiation. Anyway, whatever that glitch is happens in my brain whenever he's bellowing into the ethereal void of the internet like this.

Just a BUNCHA BLATHERING BAH-BAH BABY BABBLE.

Radio Ga Ga.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I am still waiting to see how he managed to win in 2016 while losing the popular vote.  And yes, I know what the Electoral  College is.  Amazing how much he can bitch about losing in 2020 and nothing being said in comparison.

It wasn't too difficult:

1. Hillary was a shitty candidate
    1. She has almost no charisma to speak of
    2. She largely came to her positions of power because of who she married
    3. She did a mediocre to shitty job in those positions of power
    4. She didn't even win the popular vote in the primaries; superdelegates edged her over Bernie
  2. The Democrats ran a lazy campaign where she didn't even visit Wisconsin and Michigan.
    1. The Democrats have been taking the blue collar vote for granted without giving them anything, ever since her husband was in power.
    2. So not only did she do nothing to win them over, but her closest association is with the one man who represented most the betrayal of pro-union/blue-collar ideals (see Point #1)
    3. If they had even bothered with those states they would have likely won them and won the election

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It wasn't too difficult:

1. Hillary was a shitty candidate
    1. She has almost no charisma to speak of
    2. She largely came to her positions of power because of who she married
    3. She did a mediocre to shitty job in those positions of power
    4. She didn't even win the popular vote in the primaries; superdelegates edged her over Bernie
  2. The Democrats ran a lazy campaign where she didn't even visit Wisconsin and Michigan.
    1. The Democrats have been taking the blue collar vote for granted without giving them anything, ever since her husband was in power.
    2. So not only did she do nothing to win them over, but her closest association is with the one man who represented most the betrayal of pro-union/blue-collar ideals (see Point #1)
    3. If they had even bothered with those states they would have likely won them and won the election

Jim Comey defying his boss’s directive to not contravene policy by announcing a nothing burger investigation into Hillary 11 days before the election was the kill shot.

• Hook 'Em 5

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated