2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

It's going to be interesting how OU fans perceive a 8-4  or 7-5 season next year.

I think we all knew that 10-2 or 9-3 was potentially on the table for OU this year based on the schedule, With a tougher SOS next season, what they're losing in the trenches, the loss of Gabriel, etc.....a 8-4 season might actually be a better coaching job than this year but OU fans will not think that way. 

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, NoName said:

i thought he was in the portal (he is not) but it's another name i think texas was in on at one point that actually entered

image.png.756ae85d21087c065681ee90d41ea14c.png

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/former-4-star-wr-dekel-crowdus-enters-transfer-portal/

You literally could have just picked any name out of the portal at WR that Texas is also not pursuing. Knock me over with a feather if they're going after guys with serious injury histories or weak numbers.

31 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This guy will get overpaid in the portal given his years left of eligibility and his position. Wow.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Isn't OU losing almost their entire DL too? 

Bothroyd is listed as a RS SR, Coe a RS SR, and Lacey a RS SR, Terry a RS SR, Laulu a RS SR, and Ford a RS SR. If you believe in "football is won in the trenches" I would sell hard on OU next season. 

Lacey, Terry and Ford have covid years available, I believe. Bothroyd and Coe are gone though and they were solid.

Edited by Hookem2147

14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I like both but you can't coach speed.

Xavier Worthy 40: 4.29

Tyreek Hill 40: 4.29

Worthy would also ahve benefited from someone who could hit him on the deep balls. Sure, AD can go up, high point, and has an absurd catch radius, but Worthy often couldn't get his hands on the ball to catch. I wager his metrics will be a lot better in the NFL on deep balls because they'll be catchable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I'm not buying it.  Every time I start to think OU is fucked they 1996 us.  Or 2000 us. 

The difference this year is the more difficult schedule. UH, Bama, Tenn at home, RRS, then Miss, LSU, Mizzou, Auburn on the road.

This year's team could have easily gone 8-4 against that schedule. They easily could go 7-5 next year if Arnold isn't special.

Edited by Atticus

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just as long as the ou OL isn’t going to aggy for money. I Don’t need good things happening to that program right now.  I have become a junkie over these past few weeks. 

I'm with you. It would be a very hard habit to break. But I was thinking that if I was a top college football lineman on a top offensive line, why not auction the entire line off to the highest bidder?  Like, what's to prevent our entire OL from going to OU for the next season after some crazy OU NIL deal with some insane Sooner fan?  I mean, other than the fact that OU and Norman suck. But couldn't you see somebody like Oregon trying to buy an OL part and parcel if they get desperate? 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The difference this year is the more difficult schedule. UH, Bama, Tenn at home, RRS, then Miss, LSU, Mizzou, Auburn on the road.

This year's team could have easily gone 8-4 against that schedule. They easily could go 7-5 next year if Arnold isn't special.

Ole Miss, Texas, and Alabama will all be top 10 preseason teams next year. LSU, Missouri, and Tennessee all fringe top 25ish teams if not better.

That's a brutal schedule. 

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding the Old Dominion WR that the aggies took in the portal, there is some gold on the 247 thread about him, but I'm not great on the screenshots. That said, the dude has played in 16 of 33 eligible games for ODU. He has 70 receptions in his career to go with ... 15 drops. He was not the leading receiver for ODU. They just took a guy that Texas wouldn't offer if he were coming out of high school right now.

Yeah, but Old Dominion sounds like it might be tradition-laden, so they probably figured he checks the all-important "Gets Aggy" box.

That, and being desperate, too. They actually seem to be convincing themselves they'll get an entirely new, SEC champion team out of the portal.

26 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

Is that the chosen aggie nickname for him?  If so, it's definitely on point for those gomers.

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Buncha goobers in camo aggum gear blowing Elk calls in the stadium is gonna go crazy

Goddamnit this is too fucking stupid for it to not happen, isn't it. 

• Haha 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ole Miss, Texas, and Alabama will all be top 10 preseason teams next year. LSU, Missouri, and Tennessee all fringe top 25ish teams if not better.

That's a brutal schedule. 

luckily they have a near Texas A&M level OOC slate

• vs Temple
  • vs Houston
  • vs Tulane (new coach, new everything there)
  • vs Maine who has gone 2-9, 2-9 the last 2 years

1 minute ago, NoName said:

luckily they have a near Texas A&M level OOC slate

• vs Temple
  • vs Houston
  • vs Tulane (new coach, new everything there)
  • vs Maine who has gone 2-9, 2-9 the last 2 years

That’s how you game it so you finish no worse than 8-4/7-5 every year. SECSECSEC

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

opponents booked for the future:

image.png.cf69486b59314fa79d3d13a3da7b7711.png

I actually would like to schedule Nebraska as a "big" non conference game for a home and home down the line as well. They'd probably be pussies and say no, but it's worth a shot. It's not like we'd lose or anything.

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.295ec286b165f0951ef6d70a329f05a3.png

Also - Golden's own post.

Roach is such a dipshit. Texas never made a push for Golden. It annoyed him at the time, so I am glad he's over it. One of my friends in the CFB space was really irritated Texas went after some other guys instead of him and said he'd be a standout at UH. He was right on that one. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.