2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

image.png.083cee8f6842ddc1c4c911fdc9674867.png

But seriously, thanks for an honest response.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm looking forward to how Ole Miss handles having actual expectations. 

No divisions and no Bama or Texas on the schedule. Don’t pencil them in for the SECG but damn they have as good a shot as the top tier of the SEC

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

That's a false equivalence.  Buying players pre-NIL was cheap.

I just drove through Mississippi yesterday and it's a total shit hole.  I can only assume that most of the folks bankrolling Ole Miss NIL deals don't live there anymore.

People don’t generally ‘drive through’ the nice part of anywhere. Roll through Houston on I-10 or Dallas on I-20 and you’re not gonna sniff River Oaks or Highland Park…

The cost is relative to the time. It's pretty fucking stupid of you to believe that Ole Miss doesn't have money, regardless.
Joey is pushing all his chips in on '24 being the Rebs best chance at getting to the SEC championship and playoff spot. The BMD's are simply onboard with that plan this portal/recruiting cycle. They did the same a few years back when Freeze was coach, but it cost far less back then.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ousux said:
58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
The cost is relative to the time. It's pretty fucking stupid of you to believe that Ole Miss doesn't have money, regardless.

Joey is pushing all his chips in on '24 being the Rebs best chance at getting to the SEC championship and playoff spot. The BMD's are simply onboard with that plan this portal/recruiting cycle. They did the same a few years back when Freeze was coach, but it cost far less back then.

That's what it feels like to me.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Kiffin & Co. really don't give a fuck. Zach Evans, Chris Marshall, Michael Trigg, now Walter Nolen

I could see Kiffin putting together a great season at Ole Miss (after a very good one this year) and then trying to get in on the Florida job when they fire Napier after next season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I could see Kiffin putting together a great season at Ole Miss (after a very good one this year) and then trying to get in on the Florida job when they fire Napier after next season. 

Is Florida even a lateral move at this point? Why take on a rebuild , if he's rolling at Ole Miss I suspect he waits a bit to see if Saban retires 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2

Personally, I would much prefer Florida. Florida can pay better than Ole Miss and has a better recruiting base and it would be much easier to turn around Florida than try to maintain Alabama given the new world of NIL. Florida over Ole Miss seems like an easy choice.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Is Florida even a lateral move at this point? Why take on a rebuild , if he's rolling at Ole Miss I suspect he waits a bit to see if Saban retires 

I don’t have time to go through all the ways, but yes, Florida is a better job than Ole Miss. I’d agree that if he thought he could get in at Bama in 2-3 years he might hold out for it, but that seems speculative at this time. 

Florida is a better job than old miss. But is it so much of a better job he’d be willing to go through a rebuild when he could compete to make the playoffs every year at old miss? I guess money and the potential to actually win the whole damn thing could be the deciding factors. Doubt you could win a NC at ole miss. You can at Florida.

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I don’t have time to go through all the ways, but yes, Florida is a better job than Ole Miss. I’d agree that if he thought he could get in at Bama in 2-3 years he might hold out for it, but that seems speculative at this time. 

Who wants to be the coach that follows Saban. Florida would be great for Kiffin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

People don’t generally ‘drive through’ the nice part of anywhere. Roll through Houston on I-10 or Dallas on I-20 and you’re not gonna sniff River Oaks or Highland Park…

I was actually just talking about the infrastructure.  Specifically, the roads.  To me that speaks of a failed state.

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Day believed they needed more athleticism at the position and nudged him out. I think there’s some scapegoat aspect to it as well. 

My gut feeling is fOSU has somebody lined up that’s not in the portal yet. It’s a big move to make without a plan in place. 

The rumor is Cam Ward

41 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Fascinating one, obviously USC had been tied to Will Howard but if you're gonna run off Nelson I'd want to know I was getting a better QB 

Holy shit Riley recruited him since he was like a freshman in HS. It's wild as hell he's moving on or pissed at him.

Genuinely, wow.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

Holy shit Riley recruited him since he was like a freshman in HS. It's wild as hell he's moving on or pissed at him.

Genuinely, wow.

Is Reilly really already planning his escape from LA to the NFL, either this off-season or the next, and couldnt guarantee to Nelson he would be there by the time he gets to start...

47 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Fascinating one, obviously USC had been tied to Will Howard but if you're gonna run off Nelson I'd want to know I was getting a better QB 

Riley had this guy pegged to take over next year. He all but guaranteed him the job during his recruitment so this is pretty wild. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.