2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

27 minutes ago, Teryor said:

No idea if we have space but if we do then we have the obvious connection

The replies under this tweet are sad. Tons of UW players are very upset by this. I dunno if they'll be eager to follow him.

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

All the sites were hinting at something big happening at WR that was unexpected so now I'm wondering if the 9.95ers knew Saban might be retiring. 

you seriously think a bunch of jerk off 9.95ers would sit on that?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

True, but as a 9.95 I would be really hesitant to report Saban is retiring until it actually happened. Reading between the lines, it seems pretty obvious a couple people knew Bond was likely coming here for a couple weeks. 

Now did they know it was Saban related or not is the question. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

32 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I have high hopes for Nibblet. However, we didn't really hear anything about his progress this season. I wonder where he's at on the dev curve.

He was definitely talked about late in the season as someone who was picking things up. I think he will be a real factor in the return game next season, and then maybe he is ready for prime time in 2025. 

18 minutes ago, ousux said:

Did you even see our receiver room this year? Sark isn't like our past coaches who rotated players in and out just to get them on the field, he's a continuity guy. Cook was lucky to get what little playtime he did, and that's only because
Sark knows he's taking X's spot next season.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He was definitely talked about late in the season as someone who was picking things up. I think he will be a real factor in the return game next season, and then maybe he is ready for prime time in 2025. 

Vertigo's response was what I was looking for. I obviously haven't written Nibblet off and recognize why a true freshman WR wasn't playing this season.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

All the sites were hinting at something big happening at WR that was unexpected so now I'm wondering if the 9.95ers knew Saban might be retiring. 

CTJ has mentioned that not even the Alabama side knew this was happening. I really do think it was a surprise to everyone. 

In response to all these quotes @RGBIII did state that Bond was the WR we have been waiting on.  Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What do you mean? Post it. 

Quote below from page 140 I believe.  Maybe that is just there has been a rumor that Bond was looking around, no idea.

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

He is the guy we have been waiting for this entire time

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe he's lying but Saban told Rece Davis that he decided to retire 5 minutes before his meeting with the team 

Is Jahdae Barron returning to Texas or headed to the NFL?

Horns247 Staff

"Based on what Horns247 was told, the feedback from the NFL has him considering using his COVID-19 redshirt to return to Texas for another season to boost his draft position for 2025."

"Whether he makes his decision minutes after this note is published or he takes it all the way to the deadline, the odds are greater than they initially appeared to be that the Longhorns could be getting one of their 2023 defensive centerpieces back for 2024."

Spoiler

Is Jahdae Barron returning to Texas or headed to the NFL?

Horns247 Staff

With Quinn Ewers officially making his return to Texas for the 2024 season on Thursday, Jahdae Barron is the only Longhorn facing a stay-or-go decision. And from what a source close to the situation has told Horns247, it’s a decision in which Barron has yet to make up his mind.

What’s given Barron a lot to think about, according to the source, is how the NFL views him. Based on what Horns247 was told, the feedback from the NFL has him considering using his COVID-19 redshirt to return to Texas for another season to boost his draft position for 2025.

Another thing to consider is Barron’s relationship with Andrew Mukuba. Barron, who played his high school football at Pflugerville Connally, and Mukuba, an Austin LBJ product, are very close and aside from the NFL impact of his decision, the opportunity for the two to play one season together could become more of a factor for Barron the closer he gets to Monday’s early entry deadline for the draft.

A semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award and a second-team All-Big 12 selection by the league’s coaches, Barron is coming off of a season in which he recorded 60 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and six pass breakups. The 5-foot-11-inch, 192-pound Barron also recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass in the second game of the 2023 season, which was a 34-24 road win over then-No. 3 Alabama.

According to Pro Football Focus, Barron played more snaps than any other Texas defensive back during a 12-2 season in which the Longhorns won the Big 12, advanced to the College Football Playoff and finished No. 3 in the Associated Press Top 25. The 637 snaps Barron logged ranked No. 2 among all Texas defensive players behind only Jaylan Ford (797).

Whether he makes his decision minutes after this note is published or he takes it all the way to the deadline, the odds are greater than they initially appeared to be that the Longhorns could be getting one of their 2023 defensive centerpieces back for 2024.

• Hook 'Em 6

When out of state recruits visit aggy and B/CS, I’m sure they’re all like “this is it for 2-3 years?”

That’s just the surrounding environment and nothing to do with the aggy team, facilities, and campus. Just don’t make the recruits make it go to mandatory Fish Camp.

Unless there is big bags of $$$, why would anyone from out of state even think about going there?

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'll say it what the fuck does that mean?

Not sure what it means but #1 would “draw” a box and then do thumbs down after he made a good play.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All of the sudden, this guy is just plowing into it. Posting Ketchum tweets with a serious face. It’s awesome. Somehow, there are enough buffoons on this site to have given this guy over 800 rep. Strong work. 

to be fair, he kills it in cloak room.

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s the trick to get easy rep on this site.  All you have to do is lean into the one sided view there and you can quickly accumulate rep. It makes Surly vulnerable to trolling which is why I wish you couldn’t earn rep in the CR. 

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 9

52 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s the trick to get easy rep on this site.  All you have to do is lean into the one sided view there and you can quickly accumulate rep. It makes Surly vulnerable to trolling which is why I wish you couldn’t earn rep in the CR. 

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Haha 3

If true, that doesn’t sound like a guy who’s going to stay away from the program.
He isn't, in the same interview he said he will still have an office at Bama and will be around for anyone to talk to.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

I can’t decide if this guy being Ketch and stubbornly posting his own drivel on here is more or less embarrassing than him not being Ketch and stubbornly posting his drivel on here.

Yes.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

to be fair, he kills it in cloak room.

Man, that’s not funny or helpful here. 

When out of state recruits visit aggy and B/CS, I’m sure they’re all like “this is it for 2-3 years?”

That’s just the surrounding environment and nothing to do with the aggy team, facilities, and campus. Just don’t make the recruits make it go to mandatory Fish Camp.

Unless there is big bags of $$$, why would anyone from out of state even think about going there?

Hook’em!!!
They mainly keep them confined to the palatial football facilities. Probably drive them there in SUV's with total blackout windows and don't let the Corp turds and milkmen anywhere near official visit activities.
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.