2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

20 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I don’t remember the history, but I thought Blue didn’t exactly have a great relationship with his high school teammates.

yeah, he was the #1 RB recruit in the country, quit on the team, tried to come back and they unanimously said "no thanks" so he didn't play football his senior year.

idk how he is with golden specifically but they tweeted back and forth some IIRC

2 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

He isn’t saying this in a sense of losing blue to chase Golden. He is mentioning it as they went to the same high school and know each other. So if Blue is unhappy and on his way out the door he might not have the best things to say on his way out. They play diff positions so pursuing one is not pushing the other out.

If Blue is unhappy and on the way out the door when he's about to get significant carries playing for championships, he's one dumb motherfucker.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

He isn’t saying this in a sense of losing blue to chase Golden. He is mentioning it as they went to the same high school and know each other. So if Blue is unhappy and on his way out the door he might not have the best things to say on his way out. They play diff positions so pursuing one is not pushing the other out.

Bingo. 

they still talk and are pretty good friends. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit, that article got his stats backwards. He currently has 61-860-8. Arizona doesn't suck, they are 7-3, and their 3-losses are 7, 7, and 2 points respectively. They did lose to a really bad Mississippi State team earlier this season, before they figured out their QB situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, that article got his stats backwards. He currently has 61-860-8. Arizona doesn't suck, they are 7-3, and their 3-losses are 7, 7, and 2 points respectively. They did lose to a really bad Mississippi State team earlier this season, before they figured out their QB situation.

Arizona has looked pretty good this year and on the right trajectory with their coach. 

That would be a good old fashioned yoink.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

9.95'ed

43 minutes ago, MrX said:

McMillan dominated CU last weekend in Boulder. Tall frame and high pointed two or three balls that looked overthrown in the air. He sure looked the part. 

It's all manufactured silliness from someone trolling for clicks. There is no more veracity to the notion of McMillon looking around than there is of the existence of sasquath or the Loch Ness Monster.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's all manufactured silliness from someone trolling for clicks. There is no more veracity to the notion of McMillon looking around than there is of the existence of sasquath or the Loch Ness Monster.

"But if he were looking around, these are the schools that would be good fits...." 

I'm hoping they reach out to DeBoer, he agrees to talk, takes a good look at their roster, and decides it is 90% shit, but the limited talent they have - Wiggy and Stewart - are somehow enticed to transfer to Washington.   
Weigman yes, Stewart we could use next season.
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:45 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sorry, I've been told that comments and videos speculating about where players might portal are media hatchet jobs and signs of an outright conspiracies to keep sleeping giant programs like ....<checks notes>...Arizona down into perpetuity. 

People should be fired!

APOLOGIES!

spacer.png

NOW!

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

And Dr. Cam Rising, who will be 25 when he suits up for Utah next season for his 7th season of college football. 

I was hoping this would be the last season of 25 year old QBs with 6+ years of experience. That free covid year should have come with an expiration/retract date.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I was hoping this would be the last season of 25 year old QBs with 6+ years of experience. That free covid year should have come with an expiration/retract date.

I think Gabriel will be 24 or 25 next year when he's buckling the old chin straps. It's all kind of annoying. NFL quality QBs aren't staying for 6-7 years, so schools like Texas kind of get screwed.

19 minutes ago, WBT said:

When do we start getting reports from the window opening early from the coaching change?

it opens the day you fire a coach and runs for +30 days. here it doesn't matter since portal opens soon anyway.

upcoming portal time frames for FBS football

• Fall: 12/4/23 - 1/2/24
  • Spring: 4/16/24 - 4/30/24

14 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah I don't expect any of them to announce the bounce pre LSU game. I don't think the Texas Bowl will be enough to slow the roll once it starts.

I am sure they will announce the new coaching hire immediately after or within 24 hours of the LSU game. If they don't then that roster is going to get nuked. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think if he comes correct, it could work since it's a contract season for him. At least you know he's productive enough when he's out there, unlike Agiye Hall.

He would need to willing to block here too. He's shown he can get open against SEC level guys though. It's just so risky to invest in a guy with his mentality.

Edited by Atticus

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.