2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Culture can change things. Jayden Blue has a lot of similarities with Stewart. He is now our best RB.

I mean that doesn't mean Blue is a good teammate / locker room guy. Maybe he is now, I have no clue, just saying it's not necessarily the same thing.

Speaking of which, if Brooks comes back I wonder if Blue sticks around..

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean that doesn't mean Blue is a good teammate / locker room guy. Maybe he is now, I have no clue, just saying it's not necessarily the same thing.

Speaking of which, if Brooks comes back I wonder if Blue sticks around..

Blue is a guy we need to keep. He could/should have an expanded role next year and he is developing and earning the coaches trust. With Baxter and Brooks durability in question over a season, he should get plenty of carries.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Besides the fact that it's literally not because he has 2 years of eligibility left, what do you base him "knowing it" on? The many deep conversations you've had with him? Your own keen insight into the mind of a 20 year old athlete and tiktok star? 

It's not rocket science, well maybe to you it is. Kids these days want to go pro asap. If he comes to Texas and screws up, he may have to go somewhere else for his senior year. He doesn't want that. So, if he pulls his crap, Sark will sit him down and he won't get as much playing time, Pro teams might back away from him if they think he is a head case.  Also, Texas now has a culture that aggy doesn't have and I would be willing to bet that some of the older players will set him straight. He has a year to prove that he can be a team player.

54 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Oregon State loses their coach to a school that is seriously behind the curve on NIL, Michigan State. The Beavers are going to get picked apart in the portal this offseason. 

Why a semi-lateral move to East Lansing? Unless he thinks they'll regress and he'll lose leverage. Seems making the Beavers relevant is impressive enough to wait for a better job.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

Why a semi-lateral move to East Lansing? Unless he thinks they'll regress and he'll lose leverage. Seems making the Beavers relevant is impressive enough to wait for a better job.

Sideways? Going from a team without a conference to a team that’s in one of the two power conferences is definitely not sideways. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, someguy said:

but there is opportunity cost.  To bring in Stewart means using NIL resources and having Stewart fill a roster spot that could go to another productive, accomplished WR in the portal.  Sure - if he's that bad you kick him to the curb Agiye Hall style.  But what if he is only inconsistent?  Not so bad that he merits getting booted, but not all the way bought in such that he doesn't block consistently, is inconsistent with finishing routes, and won't play through nagging injuries?  

Stewart isn't some singular talent.  They'll likely need a transfer WR, and given the kinds of options typically available, I'd prefer to look elsewhere for a higher floor, even if it comes with a bit of a lower ceiling.

Agreed here, don’t take Stewart over someone comparable with fewer risk IF they become available.  Arizona dude if his coach leaves or Ayomanor would be interesting 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure the fans are convinced that the Fresno guy is better anyway, after putting up numbers against msu, acu, and somewhat lsu. 

and if wiggy stays, I bet billy will tell them that the spring and fall camp battle has shown that there isn’t much separation as they are both amazing. 

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, realgreggym said:

Also, Texas now has a culture that aggy doesn't have and I would be willing to bet that some of the older players will set him straight. He has a year to prove that he can be a team player.

This will be his Junior year; he is one of the older players…

Some potential startable transfer QBs I've come up with. Some of these are already in the portal, some might go to the draft, and some might get the NIL bag to stay put

Who am I missing?

Cam Ward

Michael Pratt

Riley Leonard

Tyler Van Dyke

Will Rogers

Aidan Chiles

Kaidon Salter

Diego Pavia

Conner Weigman

Max Johnson

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Some potential startable transfer QBs I've come up with. Some of these are already in the portal, some might go to the draft, and some might get the NIL bag to stay put

Who am I missing?

Cam Ward

Michael Pratt

Riley Leonard

Tyler Van Dyke

Will Rogers

Aidan Chiles

Kaidon Salter

Diego Pavia

Conner Weigman

Max Johnson

Dillon Gabriel

Jackson Arnold

Driving through College station Saturday thinking to myself….why in the fuck would anyone want to come play football here? Absolute dead beat town with nothing in it except vanilla buildings and bars. Number 1 recruiting class of all time decided to play there and gave the fans a 5 and 7 win season. Hope the checks cleared!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Who am I missing?

Cam Ward

Michael Pratt

Riley Leonard

Tyler Van Dyke

Will Rogers

Aidan Chiles

Kaidon Salter

Diego Pavia

Conner Weigman

Max Johnson

Maliik Murphy

Tyler Shough

Ty Simpson

Brendan Sorsby

Edited by Hornlover
added others

Driving through College station Saturday thinking to myself….why in the fuck would anyone want to come play football here? Absolute dead beat town with nothing in it except vanilla buildings and bars. Number 1 recruiting class of all time decided to play there and gave the fans a 5 and 7 win season. Hope the checks cleared!!

Do you like money?

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Who am I missing?

Cam Ward

Michael Pratt

Riley Leonard

Tyler Van Dyke

Will Rogers

Aidan Chiles

Kaidon Salter

Diego Pavia

Conner Weigman

Max Johnson

Will Howard I think will have another year of eligibility left and there's a chance they want to start Avery Johnson next year.

Chandler Morris

Devin Brown/Kyle McCord one of if not both could go if they are trying to bring in a new guy

Jayden de Laura

Miller Moss/Malachi Nelson

Dante Moore

Brock Vandagriff/Gunner Stockton

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

They'll switch to incentive NIL so the players honored with a scholarship will have to prove they are good enough.

This isn't an 8-4 program!

Unless, of course, they have a pretty good year.

47 minutes ago, C'Mon Man said:

Will Howard I think will have another year of eligibility left and there's a chance they want to start Avery Johnson next year.

Chandler Morris

Devin Brown/Kyle McCord one of if not both could go if they are trying to bring in a new guy

Jayden de Laura

Miller Moss/Malachi Nelson

Dante Moore

Brock Vandagriff/Gunner Stockton

Dante Moore sucks shit through a straw. I watched him last weekend, he is truly awful. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.