Blastfurnace 2023

Storm the Field

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Was sitting outside at 10PM after watering some plants. If there was a breeze not bad at all with a cold beer in hand. 

There was no breeze.

We went and hung out in a friend's pool last night until about 10:00.  Walked back home and then hung out outside for a while and it felt glorious.  Find a friend with a pool.

This morning sucked.  Yesterday felt fantastic in the morning but today was just yuck.  This week is going to suck (rinse and repeat)

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texasdago said:

We went and hung out in a friend's pool last night until about 10:00.  Walked back home and then hung out outside for a while and it felt glorious.  Find a friend with a pool.

I use the River when I can get away. Might go down today after work for a soak. Agree with you.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I use the River when I can get away. Might go down today after work for a soak. Agree with you.

I've been going to Barton Springs more than usual and I swear, you take a quick swim and you are air conditioned for the next 20 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 2

i grew up playing in the full summer sun in dallas.  in high school we'd playing basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, hockey, and baseball pretty much all day without being bothered by the heat.  that stopped after i started college. fast forward a decade when 2011 hit.  that was bad, i got knocked on my pants.  after that i did my best to spend at least a few weeks away from austin every summer.  this summer was the first summer we didn't leave the state.  and honestly it hasn't been terrible.  between my kids' baseball games and swimming everyday i think i've grown acclimated to the heat again.  i was actually *cold* in the pool last night around 8p when it was 90 degrees.  the worst part this summer has been trying to find shaded parking wherever i go.  i hate getting into a superheated car.

• Like 1

Friend who lives near Conroe said they've had power out for an hour and a half.  His wife's around 7 months pregnant, the temperature in the house is around the outside temp (which is in the upper 80s) and she's told him if power is not back on by 2am, she's going to stay with her parents in Rosenberg and he better not try and stop her.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Friend who lives near Conroe said they've had power out for an hour and a half.  His wife's around 7 months pregnant, the temperature in the house is around the outside temp (which is in the upper 80s) and she's told him if power is not back on by 2am, she's going to stay with her parents in Rosenberg and he better not try and stop her.
200.gif

Having been in the room ac business some years ago, the business would spike on the third day of a broken AC. After the second night of laying next to a sweating man, the wife would say, “ get a fucking ac today or you’re not ever getting in bed with me again!” Here they’d come, sweat pouring on the back of their shirt, “what’s the biggest AC you got?”

I've continued to play golf around 2:00ish every Thursday and Sunday so far this summer. 

As long as you take the basic precautions, it has not been that bad.

This week when I see the high of 103 and Feels Like 109, I finally told my buddy I am going to take the day off. 

Shit's gettin' real when I have to cancel golf.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I would have driven to Rosenberg and dropped her off.   A 7 month pregnant woman deserves some AC.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I've continued to play golf around 2:00ish every Thursday and Sunday so far this summer. 

As long as you take the basic precautions, it has not been that bad.

This week when I see the high of 103 and Feels Like 109, I finally told my buddy I am going to take the day off. 

Shit's gettin' real when I have to cancel golf.

Pop's used to play with his geriatric group each and every day when they lived in Odessa.  I went out a few times with them, man it was an experience.  They were blowing through gatorade like frat guys drinking beer.  Good news was the course was basically empty so they could play slow and steady.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Having been in the room ac business some years ago, the business would spike on the third day of a broken AC. After the second night of laying next to a sweating man, the wife would say, “ get a fucking ac today or you’re not ever getting in bed with me again!” Here they’d come, sweat pouring on the back of their shirt, “what’s the biggest AC you got?”

Real world example to anyone who thinks price elasticity isn't a real thing....;)