America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Same guy tweeted this earlier. Sound like her car went into a body of water on this private property. Still strange story.

If this was a drunk redneck or the avg surly poster, ‘I’m shocked he lived this long’

this is a very odd way for a billionaire to die  

on the flip side, female asian driver in a atv … the jokes write themselves 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Haha 2

Concrete tank dams/low water crossings are a thing in that area. Maybe she drove off one and ended up in the stock tank. If the car rolled over into the tank (running water could have flipped it if it hit at the right angle) she could have drowned in a couple feet of water. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If this was a drunk redneck or the avg surly poster, ‘I’m shocked he lived this long’

this is a very odd way for a billionaire to die  

on the flip side, female asian driver in a atv … the jokes write themselves 

I’d check the company finances.

Executive suicide usually and indicator that books are cooked or that significant assets are underwater.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Haricari?

As sure as God made green apples, one day Angelo Chao will be the next Secretary of Transportation under President Trump.  What's that?  I'm being told my producers that she's dead.  Well, we're gonna get her on anyway.  Hey Stoney, check out the guy in the sombrero!  They're here at Wrigley Field all the way from Blanco County, Texas.  You know, Mother's Day is coming up.  Might be a good time to get your mamma some Cubs box seats, maybe a case of Budweiser beer, or perhaps a new and non-submerged Buick automobile.   

On 2/20/2024 at 10:10 AM, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_9009.jpeg

Never officially ruled a suicide....

I mean, who hasn't loaded their SUV full of gas cans, and accidentally hit a bridge abutment at 90mph on a clear day?

Edited by TeeDubya

Just so everybody knows, Nicole44 was nowhere near that low water area that night.  She was totally at Niagara Falls with her Canadian boyfriend who goes to a different school you wouldn't know anything about! 

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

That's my take. 

Do you have a sense it may mean Mitch doesn’t think they’ll get a majority in 2025? He may be less bullish on Moreno and Sheehy winning in OH/MT (and PA/AZ/WI) and Trump winning for his VP to be a tiebreaker 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Do you have a sense it may mean Mitch doesn’t think they’ll get a majority in 2025? He may be less bullish on Moreno and Sheehy winning in OH/MT (and PA/AZ/WI) and Trump winning for his VP to be a tiebreaker 

Yup, and without him in charge GOP senate fundraising is going to be fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Hopefully he croaks before November.

That man was freaking really good at his job and fucked a lot of Americans in the process, just like the people who funded him intended.

One ruthless sob who could get shit done 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Does anyone else get the sinking feeling that we'll be reminiscing about the good old days of Mitch McConnell in a few years?

No. When he had the chance to do what was right, he didn't. His actions stole one (arguably two) SCOTUS seats. He could have ridded us of Donald Trump and didn't.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next.” 

He may not be as "rah-rah" about the MAGA takeover of the party, but he is every bit to blame.

Um, so yeah:

McConnell said he plans to serve out his Senate term, which ends in January 2027, our colleague Burgess Everett notes. But the decision to stay or go is likely to be affected by how his replacement would be selected.

As recently as last fall, Kentucky Democratic Gov. ANDY BESHEAR declined to commit to selecting a Republican to fill a potential McConnell-shaped hole in the Bluegrass State’s Senate delegation, saying at the time that he would not speculate about a hypothetical vacancy.

Just last week, a “Kentucky Republican legislator filed a bill … that would strip the governor’s authority to appoint a replacement US senator should a vacancy in that office occur,” the Lexington Herald Leader’s Austin Horn reports. “House Bill 622 from House Majority Floor Leader STEVEN RUDY, R-Paducah, would repeal the current law dictating procedure around gubernatorial appointments to fill a vacancy in one of the state’s two U.S. Senate seats. Instead, the bill calls for those vacancies to be filled via special election.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

No. When he had the chance to do what was right, he didn't. His actions stole one (arguably two) SCOTUS seats. He could have ridded us of Donald Trump and didn't.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next.” 

He may not be as "rah-rah" about the MAGA takeover of the party, but he is every bit to blame.

Exactly, but what about the current state of the GOP gives you comfort that the next guy won't be even worse?

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Exactly, but what about the current state of the GOP gives you comfort that the next guy won't be even worse?

Oh, the next guy will be worse for sure. The question is will they be as effective.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

He/she will be, on the surface. But I'd think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone as crafty as McConnell.

I figure it will be like the House speaker where they just can't keep people in line.

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If Kentucky can elect a dem governor, it can elect a dem senator.   

Nope.  Louisiana elected a Dem governor twice - they ain't going to vote for a Dem Senator. 

Tennessee voted for a Dem governor and then didn't want him for Senate.  Same with Montana.  And Hawaii (GOP).  And will happen again in Maryland too. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I still think they are favorites to take the majority.  I just don’t think he wants to deal with Trump’s shit. Also, it gives him the the space to cut deals in the lame duck if Trump wins (like repealing/modifying the insurrection act)