Allen Outlet Mall Massacre

Just now, Pancho said:

It’s so easy to say “why didn’t someone run him over” when looking back and without thinking about the possibility he could/would have turned around and started rapid firing into your car or truck. I’m not sure why people don’t also think of that point.

Which goes back to my point. Military training vs video games. I'm a firm believer that we should require 2 years of military service of some kind.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

Military training vs video games. Seriously, the guy had his back turned and was prone. Floor it, lay down and brace for impact. Fuck that guy.

Believe it or not, lots of people have trouble committing acts of violence, even when defending themselves or others. I applaud your literal Monday morning quarterbacking though 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

not easy though at full speed, most people only reverse when parking/leaving and at very slow speeds. 

that Denali truck was much more at fault for not doing anything. 

Relatively new vehicles have rear view cams, but don't deny the Denali was the larger vagina.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Believe it or not, lots of people have trouble committing acts of violence, even when defending themselves or others. I applaud your literal Monday morning quarterbacking though 

Which is why training is paramount. It kicks in during crisis.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We are also deeply programmed to not run over people with our cars.  

We are deeply damaging our nation’s psyche by expecting every average citizen to have a plan in place to react to gunmen. 

Brought to you by the same people who think the solution to this problem is teaching 3rd graders how to field dress a wound and use a tourniquet, rather than preventing people with known mental health issues from obtaining firearms

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

We are also deeply programmed not to commit mass murder.

Unless your media consumption drives you to a constant state of fear and hate and radicalization, to the point of committing a mass shooting while wearing a "right wing death squad" patch. 

It's been taboo and a bannable offense to point out how fucking insane and detached from reality the conservative media landscape has become. No both sides, no equivocation, just empirical fucking fact. These people wearing RWDS patches are featured speakers at CPAC and take pictures with our senators and commit acts of terror on their local communities. A key feature of stochastic terrorism is to incite the slim minority of people who ARE deeply broken into an unspeakable and horrific act of violence. 

Either on the capitol steps beating in the head of a police officer, or in a blood soaked outlet mall in Allen, RWDS patches are worn by people who are watching the same radicalization and hate apparatus. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

If I got my kids in the car, it’s 100% I’m out of there.  Solo, probably 80% chance.  No way I’m judging anyone for fleeing in that situation.  

Always think back to ROT in 2019 at the Expo.  We were in our usual RV spot about 11p watching the constant ‘parade’ of drunks navigate the S-turn in front of us when a golf cart with two women standing in the back flips over.  One woman in particular hits her head so hard I can hear it over the constant roar.  

Not gonna YGIFS this, so short version is only myself and one other ran up to help…everyone else (dozens) watched.  Pointing directly at a person and telling them to call 911, as you’re taught, they just stared.  Had to pull out my own phone and do it myself while trying to see if she was breathing.  I was amazed at the bystander effect.

Everyone reacts differently, self preservation kicks in.  

I think part of it is also the truck that's being driven. Huge, aggressive truck that we see so often associated with aggressive drivers. It wouldn't even been mentioned if this was a Subaru or a Camry.

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“Ok class, now we will train on running over an active shooter in a parking lot.”

I’m picturing this actually happening in a drivers Ed class.  And somebody has to volunteer to be the pretend shooter with the hope a bunch of 15 year olds can stop or swerve right before impact.  

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, Porterhouse said:

I didn’t have an understanding. I’m not presumptuous. Though your weird use of “good guy with a…” was confusing to me and with context certainly suggests you were being critical. Not Rex. 

Edit to add I understand you now. Sorry. You got a guy with that weaponry and I’m peeling out. I’m comfortable with nothing but a shotgun, though, but the only reason I’d ever be at a mall is to pick up daughters. Only way I’d engage is if I could see them in his potential line of fire. 

Oh, you still let your daughters go to the mall, and by themselves to boot? After this news? Well I guess that’s a choice. 

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I’m picturing this actually happening in a drivers Ed class.  And somebody has to volunteer to be the pretend shooter with the hope a bunch of 15 year olds can stop or swerve right before impact.  

Picture your children being mowed down by a shooter and the thoughts and prayers that will follow.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, you still let your daughters go to the mall, and by themselves to boot? After this news? Well I guess that’s a choice. 

Ban malls. That's the answer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s a slippery slope if you start taking guns away from people that were discharged from the army for mental health concerns.

Negged to complete the rep cycle.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Picture your children being mowed down by a shooter and the thoughts and prayers that will follow.

Our schools are training them for active shooters, tourniquet, playing dead, fighting back, escaping from bus shootings, and now driving over shooters.  And while we do teach them to have thoughts, maybe we should bring back mandatory school prayer so they had to offer prayers to the families of their murdered classmates.  

25 minutes ago, RPM said:

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

“Hey class, we’ve spent the past several weeks learning how to not kill someone with your car. Now, we’ll switch gears and discuss the proper way to kill someone with your car. It’s important to remember this exercise should only be performed when you’re planning on barreling full speed into an active shooter.”

Is that what you are imagining?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

There are some tragically brain damaged takes in this thread; not in the sense that everyone is dumb, but it’s extremely sad our society has deteriorated to a state where such a high level of violence is not only accepted, but the solution from many is to double down. We The People are broken.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Homercles said:

And history will judge this right wing bullshit (I’d call it far right or alt right, but outlets like Fox don’t even try to hide it anymore) the same way we look at the SS now.  

History is written by the victors and the bad guys are winning.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“Hey class, we’ve spent the past several weeks learning how to not kill someone with your car. Now, we’ll switch gears and discuss the proper way to kill someone with your car. It’s important to remember this exercise should only be performed when you’re planning on barreling full speed into an active shooter.”

OK kids, today we are going to the mall. You need some new shoes. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little kiosk, you put your little lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A fuckin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Do you give a fuck if any traffic laws were broken to stop them?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It's so fucked up that I'm laughing so hard at this.  And I love that you subconsciously used "switch gears"   just like a corny Driver's Ed. teacher would.  I remember in the "range" portion, the cars we'd use out in the lot had governor's on them to keep 'em at like 5 or 10mph for safety.  But then one day a week, they take the governors off during "gun range" portion so kids can see what it's like to do 0-60 in a confined parking lot.  And you get points off if you accidentally run over any innocent civilians.

As sick and fantastical as this idea by RPM is, it's at least an attempt at a solution.  I hear nothing but prayers coming from most of Texas. 

Also, what's with the "Thoughts" part of that expression?  Thought comes from thinking.  There is no thinking being done here. 

The driver in the Denali that peeled outta dodge because they needed more training?  That qualifies as a "Thought" now?  Think about the fact it could have been a 16 year old with no military training, could have been an 86 year old that just doesn't like loud noises, could have been a mom who had triplets in their carseats.     

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

It’s so easy to say “why didn’t someone run him over” when looking back and without thinking about the possibility he could/would have turned around and started rapid firing into your car or truck. I’m not sure why people don’t also think of that point.

It's just as stupid as asking "why didn't the cop shoot the gun out of the guy's hand" (not a pro cop statement)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Not that the OP set the bar especially high, but I applaud the collective's effort to steadily increase the stupidity the further this thread progresses

Don't worry, you'll get a new thread for a new mass shooting in a couple days. You can leave fresh platitudes then 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, RPM said:

OK kids, today we are going to the mall. You need some new shoes. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little kiosk, you put your little lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A fuckin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Do you give a fuck if any traffic laws were broken to stop them?

What?

41 minutes ago, RPM said:

I don’t know how to respond here, I also wish this guy had gotten run down. But expecting your average civilian to be primed to be run down gunmen in the street, much less training people on how to properly execute a car strike on an active shooter, is mildly insane. They also don’t teach that at basic, FWIW. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know how to respond here, I also wish this guy had gotten run down. But expecting your average civilian to be primed to be run down gunmen in the street, much less training people on how to properly execute a car strike on an active shooter, is mildly insane. They also don’t teach that at basic, FWIW. 

These are the times we live in. We've allowed being in public equal to being in a war zone. If we are not going to remove the guns, we need, for the sake of public safety, to train citizens how to react to an active threat. That includes using anything available as a weapon to reduce the killing.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not sure about Estonia, but all the others rank higher than USA USA USA for most educated population.

On 5/7/2023 at 2:45 AM, Slacks said:

Notice anything else about those free countries?

I’ve binged this thread on a flight from Miami, and I notice that this comment not only wasn’t answered correctly, it was mostly ignored. And honestly it deserves some thought and consideration in part of this fucking process. 

the correct answer is that those countries are all majority, seriously majority, white. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I wonder how I’d feel if I was that truck driver. Not everyday you get a chance to be a hero teed up for you like that. He didn’t take it. I’d like to think I would’ve but who knows. 

Replace “truck driver” with “gun owner”.

Same fucking message. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I wonder how I’d feel if I was that truck driver. Not everyday you get a chance to be a hero teed up for you like that. He didn’t take it. I’d like to think I would’ve but who knows. 

What’s more fucked up to me is 100% their identity will be revealed and that person will be vilified and branded a coward for the rest of their life by a large segment of our population. Because they successfully survived a mass shooting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You could have also been killed. It’s not clear why that possibility is being left out of your hypothetical.

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

i'll tell you right now. your balls would have shriveled up and you would have done the same thing as the driver. to think you're somehow braver than this person is idiotic.

i have zero desire to be a hero and leave my wife a widow and my kids without a father.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Allen Outlet Mall Massacre