Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
That being said, no one has figured out how to not get run over by this fuckface yet. She’s had a pretty tremendous grasp of the facts. She just can’t get a word in edgewise, and she’s giving him courtesies to answer he has never given her in return. I feel bad for her, she’s got a lot of facts and great responses. But he never stops talking, he lies 100%, and the crowd cheers raucously. It’s a bad formula, and he’s going to get a big bump from independents from this, just watch. 

How the fuck do independents support this piece of shit? Are these independent voters just complete morons?

Are you paying attention to the primary candidate on the other side?  He's an equal-level moron, it just comes out in a different package.

Need to overhaul the entire thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 14

Good lord.  You take him, Collins, the audience, and the CNN producers out back and you know what.  

What the fuck was the point of this?  I remember was a kid in high school doing a report on how CNN's coverage of the Persian Gulf War was gonna be this big game changer.  And then they made a movie about it with Micheal Keaton.  And I think they feel like they're gonna recapture their magic again.  Instead it's Collins trying to shove Trump's mushroom dick into Ted Turner's corpse while some bizarro world town hall "audience" watches and just asks questions.  

This was the dumbest fucking thing I've seen on cable news and that includes Fox News who at least has the decency to declare their agenda ahead of time and put in a host who doesn't portend to "but, but, but...Mr. President...let me be clear."

This was fucking weird.  Like 1984 weird.  

• Like 1

Don't kid yourselves. CNN-Trump is just another stop on the descent into fascism and violent idiocy.

The TV news and mass media (including the holy NY Times) simply cannot stop this descent, because they have enabled it in so many ways. 

One key way is the belief in American Exceptionalism: The belief that fascism and fanaticism can't seize power here, while it is happening right before our eyes, on so many levels. The media keep giving platform after platform to fascists, all while maintaining the braindead unwillingness to identify and call Trump, MAGA, and the GQP what they are. American Christian Fascists. 

100% true according to any dictionary not tossed out by a MAGA school board. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 4

Don’t underestimate a bunch of actual independents hearing that bullshit, and then hearing screaming and applause don’t get caught up and think it is ok to vote for that psychopath. 

Best case from that shitshow is a ton of young people we’re watching. 

I mean I agree with these feelings in the moment, but we are kidding ourselves that anyone will remember this 18 months from now.

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That’s because CNN is now being run as a right wing News network by the new owner. Slightly to the left of Fox is not a winning demo 

Yup. New owner vowed to make cnn more centrist which includes more radical r interviews including trump. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean I agree with these feelings in the moment, but we are kidding ourselves that anyone will remember this 18 months from now.

You're right.  I keep trying to remember the Today Show host who actually kinda sorta went toe to toe with Trump, and all I can come up with is Natalie Morales, and it wasn't her.  Was it Savannah Guthrie?

12 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
That being said, no one has figured out how to not get run over by this fuckface yet. She’s had a pretty tremendous grasp of the facts. She just can’t get a word in edgewise, and she’s giving him courtesies to answer he has never given her in return. I feel bad for her, she’s got a lot of facts and great responses. But he never stops talking, he lies 100%, and the crowd cheers raucously. It’s a bad formula, and he’s going to get a big bump from independents from this, just watch. 

How the fuck do independents support this piece of shit? Are these independent voters just complete morons?

They aren’t independent voters, they are republicans who don’t to admit that they are going to vote against everything Jesus ever taught.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Are you paying attention to the primary candidate on the other side?  He's an equal-level moron, it just comes out in a different package.

You (and not like a general you - I am specifically referring to the human being logged into the “McCroskey” account) are everything currently wrong with the country.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You’re right. The independents will just remember a warm feeling they got from tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

They aren’t independent voters, they are republicans who don’t to admit that they are going to vote against everything Jesus ever taught.

And Biden won just enough of them last time around. 

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

They are a lot like the "Gary Johnson Voters" that we had here. They will all vote Trump, and lie about it later.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

15 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
19 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Are you wanting to debate which is better for our county in regards to Biden vs. Trump?

And our country too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because the only thing to say would be “are you fucking kidding me?  You absolute fucking lying piece of shit?  Fuck yourself and fuck you and quit with your lies. You are a con man that has somehow bamboozled half of this country because they are morons.”  
That’s it. That’s how you handle him. No one will do it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Because the only thing to say would be “are you fucking kidding me?  You absolute fucking lying piece of shit?  Fuck yourself and fuck you and quit with your lies. You are a con man that has somehow bamboozled half of this country because they are morons.”  

If she did that, all she’d do is make him more sympathetic, and they play over and over on all right-wing news cycles for weeks with about how nasty and vindictive democrats are fundamentally. And independents would find ways to say “you know, trump is rough around the edges, we all know that, but that’s not how an unbiased journalist should act.” 

that would have been the worse thing that would have happened. Could she have kept talking, sure? But he wasn’t stopping. That’s how he always wins at this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And our country too.
Yes! This is bigger than Harris county issue. My bad. Thanks @Foosters

And to recap. Fuck Trump. Fuck you who still support him. I say this as a conservative who voted for this piece of shit in 2016.

Thanks to Trump and his cancerous infestation of the GOP I'm an estatic supporter of any and all democratic politicians on my ballot.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If she did that, all she’d do is make him more sympathetic, and they play over and over on all right-wing news cycles for weeks with about how nasty and vindictive democrats are fundamentally. And independents would find ways to say “you know, trump is rough around the edges, we all know that, but that’s not how an unbiased journalist should act.” 

that would have been the worse thing that would have happened. Could she have kept talking, sure? But he wasn’t stopping. That’s how he always wins at this shit. 

Not sure how that goes against what I said. Anyone who would somehow vote for him is a brain dead waste of human life. Done. 

This fact checker crushing it. Specifically, I wish Kaitlin Collins had brought up Bill Barr to trump. Force that POS to rip up Barr. He’s clearly incapable of admitting he was wrong about ANYTHING. Make trump state the shit that majorities found cringe. Rip Barr. Rip Desantis. Say Covid is no big deal. He can’t help himself shitting k a woman who won a defamation suit against him yesterday. That’s the blueprint. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Yes! This is bigger than Harris county issue. My bad. Thanks @Foosters

And to recap. Fuck Trump. Fuck you who still support him. I say this as a conservative who voted for this piece of shit in 2016.

Thanks to Trump and his cancerous infestation of the GOP I'm an estatic supporter of any and all democratic politicians on my ballot.

Forgive me, as you've been a good poster here for a long time. But, I don't believe you.  If you didn't know who this cocksucker was last time around, you won't give a fuck who he is this time.  You will vote for him again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not sure how that goes against what I said. Anyone who would somehow vote for him is a brain dead waste of human life. Done. 

Excuse it would have won him more votes. That’s bad. At least I think more votes for trump is bad. 

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Forgive me, as you've been a good poster here for a long time. But, I don't believe you.  If you didn't know who this cocksucker was last time around, you won't give a fuck who he is this time.  You will vote for him again. 

I presume he didn't vote for Trump in 2020, you know, by the other words in his post.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

CNN should have cut his mic as soon as he launched into all the election bullshit.  That's how you don't get run over and it's how you keep your highly-paid talent from getting destroyed like she did.

• Hook 'Em 9

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I didn’t watch because, I mean, I don’t know why you would.

It’s irresponsible to give Trump a platform like that. It’s why you can’t take an organization like CNN seriously just because they’re above Fox. American TV news is entertainment.

the people don't want serious news, because life is good, and nothing else matters.  Nation of spoiled bimbo dumbasses. 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

CNN should have cut his mic as soon as he launched into all the election bullshit.  That's how you don't get run over and it's how you keep your highly-paid talent from getting destroyed like she did.

I bet years off the back end of my life he only agreed to this if they promised under threat of suit not to have a button to cut his mic. 

And as if he can’t talk loud enough without a mic 

• Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You left out fascist. 

Frankly, I find it interesting that so many people in Surly will use every kind of word and term to creatively describe Trump, MAGA, GQP and their goals. Yet so few will use the single word that is 100% most accurate: fascist

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

@TwiceHorn @Brisketexan @Ghost of LL and other lawyers, the way he talked about E. Jean Carroll, as well as the way he described the afternoon that he assaulted her, made me want to vomit. It also sounded very similar (and in other ways worse) to things he said in the past, like the things that led her to sue him. Could she sue him again?

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"Talent".  Well, no.  She's capable of stringing together extended monologues that aren't particularly grounded in any point of view, but beyond that, no.  She wasn't up for the challenge, and they did her a disservice by putting her on that stage.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, safe sex said:

@TwiceHorn @Brisketexan @Ghost of LL and other lawyers, the way he talked about E. Jean Carroll, as well as the way he described the afternoon that he assaulted her, made me want to vomit. It also sounded very similar (and in other ways worse) to things he said in the past, like the things that led her to sue him. Could she sue him again?

I’m a lawyer. 

Really. 

Yes. Of course she could sue him again. Res judicata would only prevent relitigating the prior statements. New defamatory statement = new cause of action. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You are an intensely stupid person. 

For not wanting to vote for either of them?

The question was raised as to why an independent could favor Trump over Biden.  Among other things, do you have any cognition of the TikTok/reel world in which we now live and the influential power of entertainment fed to individuals in repeated, short bursts?  

Trump is an absolutely terrible candidate in every meaningful way, but in 2023 he still has certain advantages over Biden that will (albeit tragically) appeal to many voters.  Biden just isn't fit for the office, and continuing to prop him up there as the "anti-Trump savior" isn't doing anyone any favors.

I agree with some other sentiments, we need hosts who will more forcefully call out Trump for his lying & fuckery but we also need better candidates on both sides.  If that opinion makes me "intensely stupid" (good one, btw), then so be it.

• Hook 'Em 1