2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

Fucking hell it’s going to be tough supporting the ags tomorrow. It’s just so entertaining to see their little faces scrunch up and to absorb the breadth of the bullshit excuses that come flying.

who ever wins, wins 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Why is a winner take all in a regional called a game 7?  Fuck ESPN and anyone who calls it that. As far as I know, there has never and will never be a 7 game series in CBB. It’s a winner goes to the super, loser goes home.  If it gets to that point, one team is playing its 4th game and one team is playing its 5th.  Call it a game 10 but for fucks sake don’t call it a game 7. 

Because it is actually the 7th game of a respective regional, even if it is not part of a series.

NCAA Fayetteville Regional

Friday, June 2

Game 1 – Arkansas vs. Santa Clara – 2 p.m. (ESPN+)

Game 2 – TCU vs. Arizona – 8 p.m. (ESPNU)

Saturday, June 3

Game 3 – Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser – 2 p.m.

Game 4 – Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner – 8 p.m.

Sunday, June 4

Game 5 – Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser – 2 p.m.

Game 6 – Game 4 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner – 8 p.m.

Monday, June 5 (If Necessary)

Game 7 – If the Game 5 Winner Wins Game 6 – TBD

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Why is a winner take all in a regional called a game 7?  Fuck ESPN and anyone who calls it that. As far as I know, there has never and will never be a 7 game series in CBB. It’s a winner goes to the super, loser goes home.  If it gets to that point, one team is playing its 4th game and one team is playing its 5th.  Call it a game 10 but for fucks sake don’t call it a game 7. 

I can see why HeHateYou.  It's literally the 7th game of the regional.    

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chemHORN said:

A&M hates us more than they love themselves.  They are gonna throw the regional so they don't have to come to Austin

Craig Way was hedging on whether Texas or aggy might get to host the Super...  If aggy wins today, is it certain that regional will be in Austin??

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

My wife left town last Thursday.  I've literally done nothing but walk the dog and watch sports on TV since.  I stink something terrible because I haven't had a shower since Thursday.  There are so many games tomorrow that tomorrow's not looking good for a shower either.  

That's how you humble brag.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Catching up on other regionals …. WF looks insane. I think the Stanford super (so ours) matches up with them in game one of the CWS. Truth be told I’d rather play aggy than Stanford but if we get through that WF is game one, hell if Stanford gets through they get WF too. I guess you gotta play the best to beat the best to be the best.

Thought we reseeded at the CWS. Might still be the 8. Wakes 1 if they make it.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Reseeding is a stupid idea and it does NOT happen.

It used to happen pre-1999 before the Super Regionals made a bracket necessary. Before then the 8 Regional Champs would be "reseeded" once they got to Omaha.

8 hours ago, troph said:

Catching up on other regionals …. WF looks insane. I think the Stanford super (so ours) matches up with them in game one of the CWS. Truth be told I’d rather play aggy than Stanford but if we get through that WF is game one, hell if Stanford gets through they get WF too. I guess you gotta play the best to beat the best to be the best.

Everyone thought that about Tenn last year. Wake beat the shit out of some crappy regional teams. Let's not suck their dicks and crown them champions just yet. 

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Speak for yourself. I ain’t scared of Tree and I’m not pulling for those dorks to win anything. 

That's where I'm at. I think we can take tree in cali. I know we can take aggy here. But I just can't fucking root for them. 

77adc9b6-9eb1-4ac0-a5fd-70390f2c40af_tex

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

why are some teams forced to play 2 in a day? It's very hard to win both at any level, guys get tired and can't use the same relievers in game 2.  WTF is wrong with the schedule?

They're 18-21yr old kids, they'll be fine playing 2.

also, is this your first year watching college baseball playoffs? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I would love to be there this weekend at the Disch watching the Super Regionals...but on the other hand I would be surrounded by whooping bubble blowing Ags.

But, on the other hand, if Texas goes out to California for the Supers I will be up watching baseball until 1 AM.

So, really, either way has its upsides and downsides. What happens happens,

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, BERT said:

They're 18-21yr old kids, they'll be fine playing 2.

also, is this your first year watching college baseball playoffs? 

they're not "kids". The point about relievers is valid though.  I've watched CWS many times, not really interested in the earlier rounds, but playing 2 is overkill, school is over so no reason to stretch it out and even get better ratings. 

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

they're not "kids". The point about relievers is valid though.  I've watched CWS many times, not really interested in the earlier rounds, but playing 2 is overkill, school is over so no reason to stretch it out and even get better ratings. 

no-thats-not-how-this-works.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s a win win situation.  If aggy wins we most likely get to beat the shit out of them in Austin, if Tree wins we get to taste the aggy choke job tears.

This is 100% correct.  Hell, even if we end up in a College Station super, we get to taste even more gomer tears (once they direct us to Olsen Field).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Excuse Me What GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Texas played two double headers this year. Nobody died.

Well...except part of my soul during the double header against OU.

• Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

why are some teams forced to play 2 in a day? It's very hard to win both at any level, guys get tired and can't use the same relievers in game 2.  WTF is wrong with the schedule?

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

People that never fucking watch baseball until June will never not be funny. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

How bout don't get in the losers bracket and you don't have to worry about it. 

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

For a total of what?  A minute?  Minute and a half?  The horror. Nah, let’s just fuck over the integrity of the game. 

1 to 1.5 minutes per batter equals about an hour of watching batters adjust their junk and fasten and unfasten their batting gloves.  If you're not ready to play, just stay on the bench.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I would love to be there this weekend at the Disch watching the Super Regionals...but on the other hand I would be surrounded by whooping bubble blowing Ags.

But, on the other hand, if Texas goes out to California for the Supers I will be up watching baseball until 1 AM.

So, really, either way has its upsides and downsides. What happens happens,

It don't make a shit.  We're going to Omaha either way.

• Hook 'Em 3

Dettmer was their Friday guy to start the season and a projected high draft pick but he's been really bad most of the season. Since the first few games against scrubs his ERA is near 10.00. 

Interesting decision. Do you role with the guy that hasn't been able to throw a strike in 3 months but also a guy that has talent?