PSA: Planters Cheez Balls Returning. For real this time.

Dutch

My grandma always had three things at her house for us at all times: Planters Cheez Balls, Klondike Ice Cream Bars, and Vernor's ginger ale.  My mom hated us having any of those.  Coincidence? Absolutely none.  I have a massive soft spot for all three.

Edited by Dutch

They're really good, but I won't need to buy them.

BTW, those things are only like 150 calories for about 30 (the longer cheese puffs about 150 calories for 15).  I've eaten them every lunch almost for the last 15 months and lost 50 pounds doing it.

I remember these things, I remember them being good, and I remember crushing a ton of them when I was a kid. But I don't remember there being anything special enough about them to get excited about this for some reason. Especially in a world in which the product that phdhorn posted exists.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I remember these things, I remember them being good, and I remember crushing a ton of them when I was a kid. But I don't remember there being anything special enough about them to get excited about this for some reason. Especially in a world in which the product that phdhorn posted exists.

Since then, there have been all manner of cheesy poof balls sold and they're all pretty damned good.  At one time, there were Cheetos fried (normal ones) and baked (more like these, but still turd shaped).  Like all things baked rather than fried, there was less fat in them.  Also, the balls had a different taste and mouth feel that make these things almost a whole other food from fried Cheetos.  Baked Cheetos disappeared for a long time, but surely they are back with baked everything else.

I won't buy them (let the wife buy them) because they're so fucking good.  I only get Sun Chips :/.

3 hours ago, tokamak said:

Nostalgia mostly, but they were the best ever. Bringing Utz into the conversation should be a bannable offense. You get a shitload of nasty product. Never had the HEB brand so I can’t comment on those. Planters made the cheese balls/doodles that other companies strived to replicate but never could. I ordered a case of each for a July 18 delivery. If they have a limited run if Hi-C Ecto Cooler too, I may need new underwear...a size bigger.

• Like 1

Nostalgia mostly, but they were the best ever. Bringing Utz into the conversation should be a bannable offense. You get a shitload of nasty product. Never had the HEB brand so I can’t comment on those. Planters made the cheese balls/doodles that other companies strived to replicate but never could. I ordered a case of each for a July 18 delivery. If they have a limited run if Hi-C Ecto Cooler too, I may need new underwear...a size bigger.

Fuckin’ A

Since then, there have been all manner of cheesy poof balls sold and they're all pretty damned good.  At one time, there were Cheetos fried (normal ones) and baked (more like these, but still turd shaped).  Like all things baked rather than fried, there was less fat in them.  Also, the balls had a different taste and mouth feel that make these things almost a whole other food from fried Cheetos.  Baked Cheetos disappeared for a long time, but surely they are back with baked everything else.
I won't buy them (let the wife buy them) because they're so fucking good.  I only get Sun Chips :/.

Just quoting twice talking about the mouthfeel if balls.

So they gonna have these at HEB or what?
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

17f165f418a4077d7ba9382b43eb88ca.jpg

e14ec3bf960f5ef811d8aa238b6b3a0c.jpg

Some people have reviewed the new version as not as good as they remembered. Some people don’t know what they’re talking about. These are damn good, as they always were. Accept no substitute: the OG is still running the streets.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Y'all are all terrible people.  I'm a junkfood fiend but them things are nasty.

You're wrong.

I knew a guy in college that would buy clear plastic barrels full of the knock off version from Sam's Club.  5-6 guys drinking beer and playing cards could put a dent in those sumbitches.