Donald Trump indicted (again), the 1000% apolitical news thread (again)

Beau Vine

Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/23 at 06:51 PM

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

From a certain perspective he is.  “You are what your record says you are” — Bill Parcells

Trump has sold an amorphous vision and gotten tens of millions of people to write checks to pay for it, knowing nothing will ever show up in the mail, knowing all it will get you is a giant antes of a future email asking for more money.  While I have no desire to do that, I know that if I did, I know I’m not a big enough piece-of-shit, narcissistic, tiny-dicked grifter to do that. 

fify

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

From a certain perspective he is.  “You are what your record says you are” — Bill Parcells

Trump has sold an amorphous vision and gotten tens of millions of people to write checks to pay for it, knowing nothing will ever show up in the mail, knowing all it will get you is a giant antes of a future email asking for more money.  While I have no desire to do that, I know that if I did, I know I’m not talented demented enough to do that. 

Fify.  

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Yeah I remember a partner at my old law firm said she voted for Trump because he was such a good businessman. She was dead serious too.

It's surprising how objectively smart people believe that we should run the govt/country like a for-profit company.  Citizens <> shareholders.  That partner demonstrated that someone can be simultaneously smart and stupid, or at least lacking in critical thinking skills.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

One my company’s consultants leading our strategic planning openly advocated for Trump earlier in the 2016 primaries. I was shocked that a retired Army Colonel could be so gullible. This is a man lecturing us on processes and strategy and he’s taken in by a conman who can barely read.

I’m less and less hopeful we’ll have a chance to look back at this time period and laugh about how bad things were.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:27 AM, Bookman said:

Yeah I remember a partner at my old law firm said she voted for Trump because he was such a good businessman. She was dead serious too.

I love the fucking mouthbreathers who still say Trump is their guy because he's got a proven track record.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I love the fucking mouthbreathers who still say Trump is their guy because he's got a proven track record.

41 minutes ago, G650 said:

Well, he definitely has one.

Gonna have another kind of well-established record soon

You're being too political.  And you're also ignoring the 'Surly Phenomenon.'  Hundreds of posters voted for Trump in 2016 but none of them did in 2020 despite being in Trump's exact target audience (white/southern/straight/christian/male).  Nobody admits to liking anymore except when they incessantly report anything remotely political about Trump to the moderators/site owners.  

But as I've said, you cannot bring charges against someone running for President.  Therefore, Trump should be left alone.  I'm correct, no?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

But as I've said, you cannot bring charges against someone running for President.  Therefore, Trump should be left alone.  I'm correct, no?  

Partly correct.  If Rudy Giuliani comes out of his hotel room on February 2 naked and he can’t see the shadow of his dick, the President’s criminal trial has to be delayed six weeks.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Partly correct.  If Rudy Giuliani comes out of his hotel room on February 2 naked and he can’t see the shadow of his dick, the President’s criminal trial has to be delayed six weeks.

Enough with all the legalese.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Good thing it doesn't depend on Trump seeing a shadow of his dick 'cause we would never have a trial.

• Haha 3

On 8/3/2023 at 10:58 AM, Beau Vine said:

image.png.2e821fc7aa708e9ba41b583d8e2624b4.png

It's frightening just how many people who weren't part of the 6 co-conspirator team actively orchestrating this coup attempt just went along with it knowing full well it's complete bullshit because they're scared of... Donald Trump? This fat stupid tub of shit? Nobody could stand up and shut this shit down before it got to the point of insurrection? Nobody could refuse to file these stupid lawsuits because they're completely fraudulent? If they'll turn into willing insurrectionists just because of fear of Donald Trump they'll do it for anyone. 

If the government won't execute these 6 plus Trump the American people who still give a shit about Democracy need to do it. People need to see in America if you attempt to overthrow democracy you get slaughtered. Rich lawyers working for both political parties need to see it first hand. Give them something to fear far more than Donald Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So uh, the indictment dropped

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/deadline-legal-blog/trump-indictment-document-fulton-county-georgia-full-text-pdf-rcna79584

The DA said in her press conference that the 19 defendants will be tried together in this case. 

image0.thumb.jpg.4dbdf510eae2f8c46196693733ea0b83.jpg

The RICO charges have non probateable jail sentences if convicted. DA Willis has given the defendants until August 25th to remand themselves for arraignment. The sheriff will process all the defendants, and publish their mugshot, height, and weight as they do with every other defendant charged. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Turns out a coordinated effort to overturn an election may be illegal in this country.

ATLANTA (AP) — Donald Trump and 18 allies were indicted in Georgia on Monday over their efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state, with prosecutors using a statute normally associated with mobsters to accuse the former president, lawyers and other aides of a “criminal enterprise” to keep him in power.

Guess we'll find out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

reading the indictment now. the intro is chef's kiss shit:

Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on November 3, 2020. One of the states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What sort of extradition happens with state court crimes?  Can a lot of these folks just stay in red areas the rest of their lives and avoid Ga altogether?

Florida doesn't extradite, so he's pretty much set. 

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

reading the indictment now. the intro is chef's kiss shit:

Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on November 3, 2020. One of the states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states.

Not thrilled with the 3rd sentence.  Would change to "Trump and the other Defendants knew that Trump lost, but regardless they knowingly and willfully....."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Florida doesn't extradite, so he's pretty much set. 

Huh? I've personally represented people on cases where Florida sought extradition.

34 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What sort of extradition happens with state court crimes?  Can a lot of these folks just stay in red areas the rest of their lives and avoid Ga altogether?

There's the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act that all (I think) states are parties to. Its an agreement that basically says "we will return yours, if you return ours." If a person is arrested for a crime in CA, the agency that processes that arrest will run their info and see if there are any warrants or "holds" from other jurisdictions. If there is a warrant from a different jurisdiction, then CA would call them to see what they want to do about it. The answer can be "cite them out," "set bail and order them to return to our state" or "hold them. we'll come get them." If its the third option, then various timelines kick in regarding how long one can be held, and the defendant can request Identification hearings, etc.

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

There's the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act that all (I think) states are parties to. Its an agreement that basically says "we will return yours, if you return ours." If a person is arrested for a crime in CA, the agency that processes that arrest will run their info and see if there are any warrants or "holds" from other jurisdictions. If there is a warrant from a different jurisdiction, then CA would call them to see what they want to do about it. The answer can be "cite them out," "set bail and order them to return to our state" or "hold them. we'll come get them." If its the third option, then various timelines kick in regarding how long one can be held, and the defendant can request Identification hearings, etc.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

There's the Uniform Criminal Extradition Act that all (I think) states are parties to. Its an agreement that basically says "we will return yours, if you return ours." If a person is arrested for a crime in CA, the agency that processes that arrest will run their info and see if there are any warrants or "holds" from other jurisdictions. If there is a warrant from a different jurisdiction, then CA would call them to see what they want to do about it. The answer can be "cite them out," "set bail and order them to return to our state" or "hold them. we'll come get them." If its the third option, then various timelines kick in regarding how long one can be held, and the defendant can request Identification hearings, etc.

• Haha 1