Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Man, that 16 year old kid had to be hating the last hours of his life. Born into great wealth, likely about to go to the college of his choice where he would pull tail that a dork of his nature would never sniff if not for the 8 or 9 zeroes in the family account. And you know he was thinking what an awesome icebreaker he had with the girls. "Hey, have I shown you the pics on my phone from the Titanic wreckage?"

I hope before he died he killed Rush by stuffing the game controller down his throat.

He was 19, already in school in Glasgow, and he likely knew little to nothing about his death. 

25 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Debris field around the Titanic?  This is not news - that has been there for over a century.  We're looking for a new debris field.  Should look like a largely intact exterior metal frame, two round titanium endcaps, a pile of carbon fiber shards, and some ruptured piss bags.

They found a pair of miu miu sneakers on the sea floor

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Vastly different mechanics of death at play here.  Drowning vs compression-ignition.  Not sure just how complete the combustion would be in this situation, but there isn't much recognizable matter that comes out of a diesel cylinder after compression.  

45 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

If I knew the outcome was likely death with little to no hope of rescue, turning into a debris field would have been my choice of ways to go.

Silver lining out of all of this came from one of my friends who quipped "Hey at least this shows the rest of us that rich people really aren't smarter than the rest of us"

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Pretty sure the Elon saga has shown that to be true.

Chances that we will absorb that lesson -- that is, that "yeah, well, he's rich!" doesn't mean he's that smart -- remain pegged at zero.

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I was thinking about what the worst thing that could happen, what if a pinhole leak sprung, shooting a 5000psi water jet through someone’s chest, causing them to keel over, causing the jet to cut them in half, revealing a still beating heart, spraying guts all over the inside, then slowly filling and pressurizing the craft, killing everyone over the next hour or so while they are swimming in someone’s guts. 

3o1yto.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I was thinking about what the worst thing that could happen, what if a pinhole leak sprung, shooting a 5000psi water jet through someone’s chest, causing them to keel over, causing the jet to cut them in half, revealing a still beating heart, spraying guts all over the inside, then slowly filling and pressurizing the craft, killing everyone over the next hour or so while they are swimming in someone’s guts. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, blacklab said:

MOoT4C.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Top 5 Moments from The Expanse Season 1 - Pop-Culturalist.com

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, blacklab said:

eww-no.gif

Page 16 might be the leader in the clubhouse but Page 20 is tearing up the back nine!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, blacklab said:

If water at that pressure suddenly drops to atmospheric pressure, would it immediatly turn into little tiny ice crystals?

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

Pretty sure the Coast Guard wouldn't break news of finding Titanic debris in the Titanic debris field, but what do I know?

Well, it is the coast guard. 

42 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Fuck swimming. I’m rubbin the bird like it owes me money.

35 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Finale Reaction GIF by Survivor CBS

Damn dude. WSOP can't be going that bad...😜

49 minutes ago, blacklab said:

congrats on winning the Stephen King post of the day/week/year award

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

image.thumb.png.48d416ac3c7c5c109158edf8e326a12d.png

Also, we are clearly getting dumber if we are just comparing the two.  The titanic was largely operator error.  This was everyone error.  Each and every person inside the sub and in charge of the ‘mission’ above water is/was a total fucking moron.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

What about the part where Freddy Krueger shows up?