RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

It is June 2023. Calm down. A potential third party always polls high and then completely implodes to 1 or 2%

I'm glad. Here I was under the wrong impression Ross Perot in 1992 and Ralph Nader in 2000 had an impact on the election. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm glad. Here I was under the wrong impression Ross Perot in 1992 and Ralph Nader in 2000 had an impact on the election. 

That might actually be your shortest post in the history of this website. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I know this is an anecdote, but everyone I interact with that loves this guy are super right wing conspiracy theorist idiots. None of them have voted democrat this century, and likely will vote for this guy instead of the R nominee if he runs third party. I don't think his presence in the D primary will do what the people funding him think it will do. I think he will highlight the deficiencies in the Republican platform that are at odds with what a lot of these people believe, and they will want to follow this guy instead of the eventual nominee Trump or Desantis.  

He's not going to be in a debate with Joe Biden, he's not going to win a state primary. His ceiling is Ron Paul, getting some electors due to in-state shenanigans and hoping to disrupt the process.  It's all being done so he has a chance to make money off the generous campaign contributions from his "supporters" and to create easy money speaking engagements down the road. He will eventually go away, or maybe die of a drug overdose. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

37???!??!?  How is that even possible? 

Was he just going full Mutombo and walking into bars and announcing, "WHO WANTS TO SEX A KENNEDY?"

The key to getting high numbers in any endeavor is to approach it systematically, and to shoot for a number far higher than whatever you'd think of as success.

eg, you don't get to 37 by shooting for 37, you get to 37 by shooting for 370.

It also helps to know lots of hoes.

17 hours ago, dcbc said:

How did this guy land Cheryl Hines?  And WTF, Cheryl Hines!?!

She went from being married to a Bald Asshole to being married to a Crazy Asshole.  

she still looks so beautiful and i didn't realize RFK, Jr. is gonna turn 70 soon.  So you know he's only going to get more reasonable and open to new ideas.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Looking like a million bucks but struggling to lift 115 might be the most appropriate metaphor for the Republican party I've ever seen.  All performance art with absolutely no substance beneath the surface.

It's perfectly normal to do intense workouts without a shirt and wearing blue jeans and a belt.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

On 6/20/2023 at 3:01 PM, Satchel said:

"At of the problems we see in kids, and particularly boys, it’s probably underappreciated that how much of that is coming from chemical exposures, including a lot of the sexual dysphoria that we’re seeing.”

Kennedy claimed that kids are “swimming through a soup of toxic chemicals,” including atrazine, a common herbicide.

With the caveat that there is no support for "herbicides turn kids trans," I think it's important to understand what the science actually says so that we all have enough background information to have intelligent conversations with people who make these claims.

The most recent research on Atrazine was carried out by a Berkeley prof I know (and who is impeccable in his science). Basically it showed that exposure caused sex change and infertility in frogs via disruption of the endocrine system. Any disruption to the endocrine system can impact physiological sexualization, as it is exposure to the sex hormones during development that largely controls that sexualization.

Separately, other studies by different research groups have linked Atrazine exposure in the womb to developmental changes in humans. Our endocrine system is not drastically different than a frog's (to a large degree, most vertebrates are pretty damn similar). 

Because exposure to the sex hormones during development controls physiological sexualization (it's largely a boost of testosterone controlled by several genes on the Y chromone that signals the embryo to develop as male, for example), and because that physiological sexualization includes differential development of the brain, it is not outside the realm of realistic possibility that exposure to certain chemicals during development that are known to impact the endocrine system can impact the physical sexualization of humans, including brain development, which would potentially have a large impact on subjective gender experience.

Again, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT HERBICIDES TURN PEOPLE TRANS. But knowing this background I think is important if you happen to meet a conspiracy theorist who's done a bit more reading on the subject. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

With the caveat that there is no support for "herbicides turn kids trans," I think it's important to understand what the science actually says so that we all have enough background information to have intelligent conversations with people who make these claims.

The most recent research on Atrazine was carried out by a Berkeley prof I know (and who is impeccable in his science). Basically it showed that exposure caused sex change and infertility in frogs via disruption of the endocrine system. Any disruption to the endocrine system can impact physiological sexualization, as it is exposure to the sex hormones during development that largely controls that sexualization.

Separately, other studies by different research groups have linked Atrazine exposure in the womb to developmental changes in humans. Our endocrine system is not drastically different than a frog's (to a large degree, most vertebrates are pretty damn similar). 

Because exposure to the sex hormones during development controls physiological sexualization (it's largely a boost of testosterone controlled by several genes on the Y chromone that signals the embryo to develop as male, for example), and because that physiological sexualization includes differential development of the brain, it is not outside the realm of realistic possibility that exposure to certain chemicals during development that are known to impact the endocrine system can impact the physical sexualization of humans, including brain development, which would potentially have a large impact on subjective gender experience.

Again, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT HERBICIDES TURN PEOPLE TRANS. But knowing this background I think is important if you happen to meet a conspiracy theorist who's done a bit more reading on the subject. 

Isn't this just another riff on the Alex Jones "turning the frickin frogs gay!" thing?

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Isn't this just another riff on the Alex Jones "turning the frickin frogs gay!" thing?

I never paid enough attention to Alex Jones to consider where he was pulling his bullshit from.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Looking like a million bucks but struggling to lift 115 might be the most appropriate metaphor for the Republican party I've ever seen.  All performance art with absolutely no substance beneath the surface.

Welp, I'm convinced. Sorry Biden, can't vote for you now. Beat Kennedy's personal best on incline and maybe we can talk.

I'm going with the guy who has never held political office. Worked out well last time.

37 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Whatever- he will have about as much electoral success as Tulsi Gabbard

I don't have a strong opinion on RFK Jr's electoral chances. He seems like a complete whacko to me. But then it's amazing how many of the candidates on both sides seem that way. It's hard to find one who seems remotely reasonable most of the time. I credit the Democrats for nominating what I consider some of the more middle leaning candidates, and I feel like they've been rewarded for that with Bill Clinton, Obama, and Biden. 

I was simply commenting on the idea that third party candidates never make an impact. They ALMOST never do, but the almost is still an important distinction to me. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

It's perfectly normal to do intense workouts without a shirt and wearing blue jeans and a belt.

You must not go to a gym regularly.  There is simply no shortage of weirdos you will see at there.  

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

You must not go to a gym regularly.  There is simply no shortage of weirdos you will see at there.  

Blue jeans, though? (Are any of those "weirdos" running for POTUS? 🤣)

Edited by C-Man

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

At the end of the day, RFK Jr is just Hunter Biden without the legal troubles and without the medium-sized dong that everybody's now seen.

• Haha 1

Late to this thread, but for those looking for poppers, the seedier sex toy stores all sell it.  Just go to the counter and ask for VHS cleaner.  I've yet to try them, mainly because ever since Lynn Bias and River Phoenix, I've been paranoid about ever putting any kind of drug up my nose for any reason.  Also, I know how to work my asshole without drug assistance.  But I do know people that swear by them.

On 6/26/2023 at 9:17 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

The guy is nearly 70 years old. That's impressive in a vacuum, outside of politics.

23 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait, have RFK's eyes always been completely uneven? Jesus Christ, Sloth from Goonies thinks that motherfucker needs to wear a bag over his head. 

Also, love to see Rob Schneider, noted Fox News contributor, conservative, and republican is MCing for...<checks notes>... a "democratic" candidate for office. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1