Speaking of being offended: cmt pulls Jason aldean video

closetohumping

8 hours ago, sidis said:

i couldn't visit my friends who lived at the castilian dorm from 1998-2001 without hearing that at least 18 times on every hallway i walked down.

Followed by the dynamite hack cover of boyz n the hood?

aaaaand I see now that this has already been uh covered so to speak. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I’ve seen a bunch of idiots sharing memes saying “You think Jason Aldean is bad?  You should hear David Allan Coe.”

1) DAC was actually a good artist who wrote some great songs.

2) DAC’s offensive material was never played on radio or TV.

3) Said offensive material was pretty clearly tongue in cheek, with the racist or misogynistic protagonist turning out to be the butt of the joke.

Fuck, people are dumb.

• Hook 'Em 7

22 hours ago, HenryJames said:

IMG_4480.jpeg

That is so fucking perfect.  If I didn't already have a no-homo man crush on Steve Earle, I do now.

I haven't listened to the song.  All I know about it is that half of the people from my hometown in West Texas are posting it all over Facebook saying "YA!  COME TRY THIS IN MY SMALL TOWN!"  Not coincidentally, they are the half that never left home and learned of a bigger world.  I'm pretty sure Shit Hole, Texas, was already safe from an urban invasion, Cletus, but you seem to be enjoying yourself, so carry on.

The easiest way to make a buck right now is to throw Cletus a bone that normalizes his narrow, monochrome view of the world.  I'm pretty sure that is the sum-total of this controversy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

My dog got up to piss at 1AM, so I sat on their my front step waiting for him to do his business, and scrolled through Facebook.  What a mistake.  After that I spent the next hour laying in bed thinking of clever retorts to all the people crying about Jason Aldean.  Of course I opted against it because I've tried to limit my social media engagement.  I spend enough time arguing with people here, I don't need to do it on multiple fronts and have it eat up my whole day just to be snarky for my own self satisfaction.

But my god, for as much Republicans bitch and moan about people being easily offended, they are really fucking easily offended.

I don’t have any social media other than here. I still remember negging someone years ago (Futureman, I think) and then realizing that I was becoming so absorbed in an internet community that it was allowing me to actually be negative enough to physically care about it. I don’t think I have ever hit the neg button again. At least I hope not. 
An aside- removing the ability to comment with rep was the biggest mistake in this country since allowing the designated hitter. Guys posting comments they’d received was one of my favorite threads on Shaggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don’t have any social media other than here. I still remember negging someone years ago (Futureman, I think) and then realizing that I was becoming so absorbed in an internet community that it was allowing me to actually be negative enough to physically care about it. I don’t think I have ever hit the neg button again. At least I hope not. 
An aside- removing the ability to comment with rep was the biggest mistake in this country since allowing the designated hitter. Guys posting comments they’d received was one of my favorite threads on Shaggy. 

The only people I’ve negged are intentional trolls and bigots.  

there are posters here who will neg you for saying covid is dangerous or that we should support Rodney Terry now that he’s our coach.  Sorry for side tracking

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I deleted the Twitter and Facebook apps off my phone, a few months ago and haven't missed them at all.  I still have a Facebook account that I log in to via browser, because so many local businesses use it as their main source of notifying changes on hours, specials, new products, etc.  So I don't get notifications and I have to go out of my way to open it, but I'll be damned if I didn't do just that against my better judgment.

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

And he told me it was the perfect bro country song
I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the perfect bro country song
Because he hadn't said anything at all about summer, the weekend, drinking, moonlight, a girl, or tailgating

What, nothing about pickup trucks or dogs dying?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Didn’t 2 dudes from Texags meet up in a parking lot for fisticuffs?

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

IIRC that was over a fence?

separate incidents gif

the first was years ago as i recall it branding iron was going to show up on a jaguar or some sort to fight a guy. something happened but it wasn't a fight but i don't remember. 

the second one was also years ago jesus christ I'm old now. the fence thing was in a neighborhood near me in south Austin. i drove by and took pictures? maybe i went in?  i forget. but that was the dude that tore down his own fence to prove to the neighbor with an overnight light just how aggie he was. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the first was years ago as i recall it branding iron was going to show up on a jaguar or some sort to fight a guy. something happened but it wasn't a fight but i don't remember. 

Aggy, so probably involved farm animals. 

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

separate incidents gif

the second one was also years ago jesus christ I'm old now. the fence thing was in a neighborhood near me in south Austin. i drove by and took pictures? maybe i went in?  i forget. but that was the dude that tore down his own fence to prove to the neighbor with an overnight light just how aggie he was. 

Branding iron was the best aggy. 

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ve seen a bunch of idiots sharing memes saying “You think Jason Aldean is bad?  You should hear David Allan Coe.”

1) DAC was actually a good artist who wrote some great songs.

2) DAC’s offensive material was never played on radio or TV.

3) Said offensive material was pretty clearly tongue in cheek, with the racist or misogynistic protagonist turning out to be the butt of the joke.

Fuck, people are dumb.

I was in college during the Napster days and there was a super racist song going around (real racism not tongue in cheek) called “Ni—-r Hatin’ Me” that was incorrectly identified as by David Allen Coe. I thought for years it was crazy that he was still popular and in every jukebox. It was years later I found out it was someone else named Johnny Rebel or some shit. I suspect there are a lot of people who remember that and don’t know it wasn’t DAC.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Oh, God - how could I forget about Akita41 and the "whorn fence" situation? Turned out the neighbor wasn't a "whorn" and the Aggy was actually a Husker from nebraska and had a BBQ with some people from Texags, except only about 4 of them showed up and made a slideshow video about it that he put on youtube. 

you're welcome

i FEEL OBLIGATED TO DO THIS. HERE ARE THE RULES.
1) nO SAGGING AN BAGGING IN MY HOUSE. You will not get in the front door. If you undercover sag and bag I will ask you to leave. If you refuse I will mace you heavily and then the party will have to go outdoors.
2) If you carry a gun for protection,do not leave it in the car. It does you no good. See lubys and VT for examples.
3) No weed No weed No weed. That means going out to your car and smoking and coming back in. I cannot have my house smelling like weed.
4)I only have 2 bathrooms. Hall bath for men. masterbedroom bath for woman.
5) Smoking will be done out back. Please make sure you exhale before you come back in. No spit cups in my house. If you dip you better swallow. I use to dip,but I hate seeing spit cups or leave spit cups outside and Please take them with you.
6) Do not try to convert me/wont happen.
7) i think mackdawg 75 is a good one to get in touch with to make this happen. The only way people found me was they were familiar with the area.
Okay I need someone to come and recon my house and see how many it can hold. i will need for someone to bring the barbucue pit. I have a small barbuceu. I would like a Texas flag and a Texas am flag with temporary flag pole stands. i want to turn the whorn flag upside down and maybe piss on it or break its horns off. I will take down the fence as to what it looked like when the guy walked out and saw it in the morning. If you want to help put it back up with just a couple of guys should take about ten minutes or less. I will need to know by wednesday if this can happen If I have to I will buy the whorn flag and temporary pole. Group effort could make this thread an epic one to rember. Also I would like this to start by noon and end by 6. If you are a ex grunt you definitely have to leave by six. grunts can get out of control togehter and the fence thing would be nothing. I would love for you guys to bring dvd of games from last year. Even the Nebraska game. Epic Bo pelini thing. But I think the whorn game should be the last one to show. This is just the start. I have 3 posts left. Will answer your questions in mass if this is too happen. Sex panther or macdawg come over to the house and bounce ideas off me. Also I think it would be neat to see your culture for football. One week before it starts. i would like to have a mixed group of people. Old and young. OOH ONE OTHER THING WOMAN. IF YOU WEAR A TIGHT T-SHIRT OR SHOW ALOT OF CLEVAGE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO STAY. SORRY HYPOCRITICAL.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i remember feeling kind of shitty about the whole thing by the end. but we are talking 2011 era me who wasn't quite right in the head himself

brother? 

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

thought it was nine irons at midnight, hancock. lol. the internet is a weird place

it was... I was there. Twas a weird night.