Speaking of being offended: cmt pulls Jason aldean video

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well it’s one of the most popular songs in the country this year so most would disagree with you

So was Billy Don’t Be A Hero and That’s the Night that the Lights Went Out in Georgia.   Popular does not equal good. 

• Drool 1

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t like country music at all but I’ll listen to “Last Night” by Morgan wallen all day long. I get that it’s not “real” country and that it’s soft but it’s an objectively great song.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I finally listened to the "song" . . . holy shit, it's worse than I expected, but beyond that, it TOTALLY mines the "Creed as a country act" vibe he's always given off, which aligns perfectly with the fact that Creed has reunited.

I mean, the guitarist is playing a Paul Reed Smith, the melody is non-fucking-existent, it's so bad that ChatGPT wouldn't write something that bad.  Jesus, he sucks, hard.

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Dying!  Maybe it is.   Gen xer who wears ten dollar chains, drakkar noir to pick up girls from the valley all while putting Morgan wallen on the jukebox

DOn't forget the clean gas station wife-beater shirt in the black and green package.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Heard the name not super familiar with his music.  

The only reason I know of him is because over 900 people were shot at one of his concerts.

But I'm an old, and my country tastes lean towards Waylon/Willie/Merle/Kris/Townes/Dolly/Loretta/Williams (Jr/Sr), etc.

Every time I try to listen to newer country music, I give up and ask them to play some Skynyrd

Old Man Dance GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Coward of the County was a huge song when I was a little kid. I didn't know until years later it was about gang rape.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

“They took turns at Becky…and there were three of them…”

What? You thought they were giving her Indian burns?

I mean, indigenous people burns 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

“They took turns at Becky…and there were three of them…”

What? You thought they were giving her Indian burns?

I mean, indigenous people burns 

I was not yet old enough to discover the joins of the lingerie sections of the Montgomery Wards or Sears catalogs.

• Haha 1

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew it was a lynching site. CMT didn't know it either, but they pulled it as soon as they found out. 

As for bro country, that's an entirely different discussion. Yes, it is a part of the genre. Just as schlocky pop is a cousin. There has been a lot of shitty music that was wildly popular. 

That's fine. I don't have to listen to it willingly. Bo's video was spot on. There's a Jack Ingram song about Happy Country Song. Country music has its critics singing their disdain. 

He didn't write it. Didn't film it. Didn't promote it. He wore his outfit and sang to the track. Which I hope to not hear any time soon.

I'm not really all that offended. Any given courthouse in the south has a chance of being the site of racial violence, up to and including lynchings. 

He's a douche. Bro country is shitty. The south can be racist as Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I finally listened to the "song" . . . holy shit, it's worse than I expected, but beyond that, it TOTALLY mines the "Creed as a country act" vibe he's always given off, which aligns perfectly with the fact that Creed has reunited.

I mean, the guitarist is playing a Paul Reed Smith, the melody is non-fucking-existent, it's so bad that ChatGPT wouldn't write something that bad.  Jesus, he sucks, hard.

I was thinking Nickelback, but Creed works.

His song "She's Country" is the "Pour Some Sugar On Me" of country strip joint songs. I do have fond memories of watching a tall, blue-eyed brunette dance to it in a Baton Rouge strip club maybe 10 years ago. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You basically described country music for the 10-15 years. Shit is hemorrhoids for the ears.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Items 1 and 2 are fine.  Not for me, but life is life. Item 3....maybe don't sing about it in celebration?

But, it's what they want to hear. The pliable country fan dreams of a world that is a figment of a warped imagination. 

Tell me bout the good ole days

Arguably one of their best songs encapsulated it. A past that has no race cards played. One that is hushed up and not talked about. Dallas keeps blasting the X off the street but it's still a City of Hate.

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Huge difference between Combs and Bryan, but I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

I’m certain the difference in how much their music sucks is absolutely negligible.   I remember one of them adopted his niece/nephews after their parents died? 

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m certain the difference in how much their music sucks is absolutely negligible.

Look, I'm not very interested in defending modern country hitmakers beyond Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, and Brandi Carlisle, but yes, there is a massive difference between the music put out by Luke Combs vs Luke Bryan.  Open your fucking ears.

Edited by jimmyjazz

There aren't 370mm in the United States.  There's 330mm.  So to say "Most Americans" would disagree this guy sucks or "Most Americans" have shitty taste in music is incorrect.  166mm Americans do not like Jason Aldean, let alone know who in the fuck he is.  

I will say that 74mm Americans are functionally retarded and probably enjoy this tune though, so good on him for keeping the mouth-breathers entertained while the rest of us carry the nation forward.  

But seriously, biases aside..........the song is fucking horrible.  But brilliantly packaged.  Sometimes you gotta strip away a chromosome to let that extra one shine, America.

22 minutes ago, Paco said:

Is this the same cuntflap who just had a heat stroke in fucking Connecticut?

I don’t know but Isbell was throwing shade at Morgan Wallen recently (which I know because I’ve tried to listen to his rendition of “cover me up” and failed to get past his first syllable) about something like that.

I'm going with he prolly didn't know the courthouse was used for lynchings because he seems like the type that got a C in some basic HS history class and thinks the world started the day he was born.  Prolly thinks the earth is 5,000 years old, Jesus rode on dinosaurs, and America was a fine place until the civil rights crowd stirred up "the blacks."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, I'm not very interested in defending modern country hitmakers beyond Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, and Brandi Carlisle, but yes, there is a massive difference between the music put out by Luke Combs vs Luke Bryan.  Open your fucking ears.

And Whitey Morgan.

• Haha 2