Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Regarding popularity on campus:  this is purely anecdotal, but I asked my son (who is a student living in West Campus and who goes to all the games) what he thought of Arch.  "Oh, man it was so cool to see his first snap and first pass completion.  I'll tell that story when he's super famous."

So I asked him if Arch should play over Quinn?  "Oh, hell no."

image.gif.5b3563f8772f7623c741406e761d1f7b.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Not really, or should I say, not even close.

The median wage for all NFL players is around $860,000, which is considerably lower, and First-year rookies earn a minimum of $435,000. While top quarterbacks can make over $25 to $30 million per year, the average salary for all quarterbacks is $5,766,000, with a median income of $1,100,000.Sep 5, 2023

That's all QBs including rookies and backups. Middle of the road starters not on rookie contracts are easily in the 20s and many make 30+ million. All you have to do is show potential as a starter in that first contract and a team is almost forced to stick with you. 

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Yes, but that includes backups and third stringers.  Obviously, not every starting QB makes $30,000,000 or $40,000,000+ per year … but there are guys way further down the hierarchy than you’d expect who make that much.  Daniel Jones, Kyler Murray, etc.  If you just show some level of promise as a young starting QB, that 2nd contract is pretty massive nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

That's all QBs including rookies and backups. Middle of the road starters not on rookie contracts are easily in the 20s and many make 30+ million. All you have to do is show potential as a starter in that first contract and a team is almost forced to stick with you. 

Just responding to what was posted "Even middle of the pack NFL QBs are making 30-40+ mil a year. " which is objectively inaccurate to put it mildly.

A "middle of the road starter" today like Derek Carr or Tannehill will at one point have had a season in top 5 for their position.  Kyler Murray had a 100 passer rating and accounted for 37 TDs.

If you're a Colt McCoy, you don't automatically get this fat contract after the rookie one.

Derek Jones is an anomaly.

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Neuheisel was just on DP show and DP was pressing him about Arch and the possibility of transferring. DP's argument is that Arch could start at USC or OSU. Rick pushed back and said Arch is the one guy who would be above the madness of the transfer portal. Says the Manning family has been through this and knows it is important to be patient. They want Arch to have a good college experience and he isn't a guy that is trying to fast track it to the NFL.

Good stuff, he seems to know what's up.

well that and Sark promised not to recruit a QB this year.

Reports from campus life.

The sororities have an annual dance contest, sans pole of course. Arch was one of the judges in this year's competition. Just Keep On Livin the dream, young man. Reports are that he was "kinda shy", but being in a place full of sorority girls would probably do that to any Freshman.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why the hell would he leave? Came in at the right time, system will be built with his strengths in mind, recruits are going to want to play at Texas. And as posted above, few universities have the female talent we do. I would take a Psych class every few years just to look at the Co-Eds. He is upcoming man on campus with a bad ass program. Where would he go? aggy? Now hold on, can we start that rumor?

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Reports from campus life.

The sororities have an annual dance contest, sans pole of course. Arch was one of the judges in this year's competition. Just Keep On Livin the dream, young man. Reports are that he was "kinda shy", but being in a place full of sorority girls would probably do that to any Freshman.

A few years ago, a co-worker of mine from an out of state office came in to Austin for a meeting.  We were driving on the drag around 24th street going to lunch during rush when we passed three different groups of sorority girls walking.  Co-worker matter of factly just said “My son wouldn’t survive here.”

Edited by 89Horn
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, EastHorn said:

They don't have internet in MS.  Deep fake for sure.  

Maybe he just woke up from a sorority bender after the dance contest in Starkville with only a cowboy hat and phone numbers post-it noted all over him. 

Edited by Vertigo

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

crisis avoided !

Arch must be good for click bait bc every third rate “sports” site keeps pumping out transfer headlines for traffic. I imagine these same website teams sell high mileage used rental cars at small dealerships as a day job.

40 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Arch must be good for click bait bc every third rate “sports” site keeps pumping out transfer headlines for traffic. I imagine these same website teams sell high mileage used rental cars at small dealerships as a day job.

Arch Manning could be the new Alabama QB1 if Saban uses this one weird trick!

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Yeah and people buy into the rumor-mongering. I get asked all the time if I think he'll transfer. 

• Like 1

Listening to Mike Farrell on Full Ride Sirius XM this week.  That dude hates Texas more than Brando.  When talking about a possible Arch transfer he said he’s heard from coaches in other programs questioning if Arch just doesn’t want to compete because he doesn’t want to transfer.  Then talks about other QBs that are transferring and says they don’t want to stick it out with those programs.  I know he is a total douche but I was surprised how blatant his bias is not even trying to hide his hatred of UT.  He and Brando should form a support group and they can point to the stuffed bear where Texas hurt them.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3