the fuck's going on at Burning Man?

Beau Vine

Bad planning, monsoonal rains and people playing prepper while relying on port a johns and RV's is funny. They camped in a lake bed and it rained. So the fucker flooded. 

Fuck em, keep the gate locked and make it permanent. Ship in soy and hempseed for them. Maybe some manuals on how to dig latrines. They can use all the wood they are going to burn.

I am going to make a steak. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Maybe some manuals on how to dig latrines. 

Man, someone on your crew that knows how to do this shit already is awesome. If we didn't have port-o-potties dropped off yet, my old crew chief would immediately take a shovel, go off to a private area, then dig a line of 10 or so holes and put the portable toilet seat and frame over the first one, with the other 9 or so going in a line slightly up hill.

When you have to shit, drop the duece, bury it, move the seat to the next hole up the hill for the next person. If those fill up, dig another line of holes and repeat the process.

When you have to shit in the field, you often have to shit immediately. Pre-dug holes with a set up seat all the way.

You always want have a system like this for expediency, but also so everyone knows where the landmines are buried.

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

5ab7b21fe86fa_JackieChan.thumb.jpg.47962

My thoughts exactly. One LGBTQ person in my company started using it, and now everyone sans yours truly uses it.

It hurts my fucking brain to refer to a PERSON has a HUMAN. I think they're intentionally excluding vampires and ghouls. So much for inclusivity.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Huge rains have 70K people stuck in mud.  Nutters are starting to spread stories about an ebola outbreak and the feds fencing everyone in.  

This guy is likely a lot more factually accurate than her, but doesn't have the tits:

Probably getting sick from rolling around in Dillo Dirt. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Should have known that this year's Burning Man would be messed up.  Climate idiots blocked the one road in when everyone was arriving.  Nevada Rangers weren't putting up with that bullshit.

Looks like the folks from Reno 911 really are in charge.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Huge rains have 70K people stuck in mud.  Nutters are starting to spread stories about an ebola outbreak and the feds fencing everyone in.  

This guy is likely a lot more factually accurate than her, but doesn't have the tits:

I just found my new best friend.