Surly Horns Road Trip Part Deux Electric Boogaloo

immamac

9 hours ago, beer said:

OMG those fucking seats, I almost didn't survive unexpected leg day. Would have helped more with breakdown but you would have had to load me in the truck. 

I went back down them at half because there was a rumor the upper deck was out of beer. At the bottom I realized you couldn’t get to the main concourse, it just took you back outside. 

So I RAN back up, two stairs at a time. That was some fun cardio. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Screenshot2023-09-10at4_53_09PM.thumb.jpeg.68281e35c09466badb60c87b91cf0ca9.jpegThe RV crew has decided to adopt this goofy weim tonight. She’ll be coming home with me to live with all my other weims, but we’re having trouble contacting the host. If anybody can do something she’s going to be the official surly horns rv dog

Naming her “Rusty” by any chance?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Screenshot2023-09-10at4_53_09PM.thumb.jpeg.68281e35c09466badb60c87b91cf0ca9.jpegThe RV crew has decided to adopt this goofy weim tonight. She’ll be coming home with me to live with all my other weims, but we’re having trouble contacting the host. If anybody can do something she’s going to be the official surly horns rv dog

Name her Alabama so she can be a constant reminder of the beat down.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, tejas60 said:

That got damn stadium was a fucking hoedown during commercial timeouts. Got to be a beat down. 

The 4K feed stayed live during commercials but no sound. I was surprised how many times the stadium went dark. Then I noticed Texas would score soon after. I started rooting for them to turn them off every break.

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

You and Sydney going to the Wyoming game? Need to put a face to you 2 asshats. I’ll hit the tailgate and then I’m pretty sure my seats are right near y’alls. 39B

Lol, motherfucker, we met your ass last year at a surly tailgate. Yes, if we don’t see you at the tailgate we’ll see you in the seats.  

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

You kinda answered your own question. Plus "Dixie...land"

Though if I were a Bam'r fan, "The Boys from Alabama" by DBT would be fantastic.

Agree on a song-vs-song basis. Practically speaking, if you played "Boys from Alabama" in a stadium, me, you, and our cool friends would like it, and the rest of the stadium would stare slack-jawed at the monitor.

Not to mention DBTs announcements in concerts that they aren't fans of either Alabama or Auburn because they hate football. :)

I saw a crowd of Alabamians going ape-shit at a DBT show but dunno how many of them were football fans either.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Burt said:

I never understood why that's a thing there. The only thing Alabama about the song is the band singing it. The song itself is set in Tennessee. 

When I pointed that out to the Bama dude behind me, he pointed out that George Strait went to Tennessee to get away from Texas women…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I can’t always remember people I met last week, plus I was likely drunk.

I don't remember meeting you, so it might have just been Sydney. Happy to do so on Saturday though. I'll try to make it by the tailgate. Sort of depends on when we leave the kids behind and head out, on scooters, probably. My wife loves those things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

How is this dog doing?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, TornACL said:

I think this was still around 3 hours before kickoff from around that area. Most of the Bama fans walking up from that end of the quad would comment how many Texas fans were there.

At about the :13 mark of the video you can see a Bama girl in a black dress. Pretty sure she’s the same girl with the nice tits that ESPN zoomed in on during the broadcast. What a small world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

When I pointed that out to the Bama dude behind me, he pointed out that George Strait went to Tennessee to get away from Texas women…

Did you point out "All My Exes Live in Texas" isn't played at the break between the 3rd and 4th quarters?

• Drool 1

• immamac unpinned this topic