2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

In the prediction thread I called for a halftime lead before Bama wears Texas down.

Love the effort, Ewers is playing quite well; but leading 13-6 in a game you should probably be winning 17-3 at minimum, that’s how you lose. Just squandered an otherwise very encouraging half with a loss poor last two minutes. Don’t have a good feeling.

Neg away.

Also all the talk about Bama’s receivers being JAGs. At least they can catch. Worthy has has at least made some plays to make up for the dropped TD.

here's a sample from tidefans

Ima just say this. This D is more physical than any I've seen in the Golden era. Sark is the best playcaller in the country and he's gonna get his tonight.
O line was opening holes early but if we can't throw they pin their ears back.
Our qb stats look like the wishbone era. Milroe obviously earned his shot or he wouldn't be out there... but he'll have to earn the right to keep it as well. Not sure he can do that.
Still optimistic about this team, however tonight works out....
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

In the prediction thread I called for a halftime lead before Bama wears Texas down.

Love the effort, Ewers is playing quite well; but leading 13-6 in a game you should probably be winning 17-3 at minimum, that’s how you lose. Just squandered an otherwise very encouraging half with a loss poor last two minutes. Don’t have a good feeling.

Neg away.

Also all the talk about Bama’s receivers being JAGs. At least they can catch. Worthy has has at least made some plays to make up for the dropped TD.

No one's negging you but if anyone is getting worn down it isn't us. We controlled the game and wanted it more in the 1H.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Neg away.

What game were you watching?? 

Not being bias but it’s a defense that looks exhausted but they’re not in white!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Ima just say this. This D is more physical than any I've seen in the Golden era. Sark is the best playcaller in the country and he's gonna get his tonight.
Our qb stats look like the wishbone era. Milroe obviously earned his shot or he wouldn't be out there... but he'll have to earn the right to keep it as well. Not sure he can do that.

That’s pretty level headed. And their team can still win.

I hate how good their team is and how they don’t make many mistakes …. Ever.

But that post does not add to the ire. 

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Don’t think Milroe is their issue. They can’t get open at all. They should be running the 2004 Texas offense instead of what they are doing 

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Neg away.

we make 3 catches and it is 21-3.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

An entire halftime of total-silence is weird.
YTTV should really post some highlights or something.

Now I have to listen to my dogs gnawing on the bones I gave them to keep them quiet.
image.thumb.png.41622d314665df1ff3c759cf233bd609.png

I switched to non 4K for the half so I didn’t have to hear the kid watching Thundermans in the next room.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Anyone else getting more high at halftime? Let’s go! 

Save that for after UFC after the Longhorns win
Then, after you've drank your last shot of tequila, grab your pipe and take your dogs for a long walk in the late night storms we're gonna have in the ATX area tonight 

Well, hopefully the rain lasts longer than Strickland takes to beat the fuck out of Adesanya

image.png.7b36285fa3d5b7eeb8662810ec0ff4f6.png

Edited by ATXbronco

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN