2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

11 minutes ago, Goredho said:

And nothing.  That’s just the way things are shaping up.  The question was asked a bit back why traditional powerhouse teams like AL were not going to be competitive in NIL vs teams like Texas.

Well even small market schools can parlay their success as corporations want to be affiliated with winners( wokenomics  an exception) and having wealthy alumni makes a big difference, so it’s not all about geography.

Edited by El Squared
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

I know people here think it sucks but the SEC Shorts for this week should be pretty good. 

Correct. The only sec network I've ever watched is an occasional game not on network, espn, etc. Already got 8 or more hours of different programming set to record. Should be plenty of Longhorn puffing. And will enjoy the aggy shit show.

Also, there have been many pos rep posts that I cannot rep. Ran out of rep morning.

Hook'em!!!

42 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Yeah you can get a good arepa in Katy. Actually that’s not true because arepas are terrible. 

Some, I assume, are good people. 

On a serious note though, my MIL is Venezuelan. Excellent arepas can be good, but the bulk of them are overrated and tend towards too dry.

Cachapas and patacones are both fucking awesome and are usually a far superior choice to arepas. 

You haven't lived until you've had a pabellon on a patacone, preferably with a papelon con limon.

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Thinking all of this talk about Saban being 'done' and alabama starting to slide is a little premature.  They can play pretty much like they did last night and win against most teams just by physically beating on them.  It isn't outside the realm of possibility they run the table in conference (lsu, auburn... aggy?).  And make no mistake, nick satan strangled 12 kittens after setting a litter of puppies on fire last night after the game.  That team is going to suffer this week and take it out on S. Florida like a Brazzers midget production.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Zuerst said:
I don't remember every single "catchable" drops, but there are 2... 3 catchable touchdowns dropped.  Ewers was 24/38, with just those 3, it's 27/38 or 71%.

Brooks and worthy dropped TDs. J. Ford dropped an INT, not a WR I know.

Kool Aid made a great play on the Brooks incompletion near the goal line 

Edited by jdhorn92

Just now, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Zuerst said:
I don't remember every single "catchable" drops, but there are 2... 3 catchable touchdowns dropped.  Ewers was 24/38, with just those 3, it's 27/38 or 71%.

There was one to X to the back right corner that hit his hand or in the catachable region.  It appears to be contested, but the ball never touched the defender.  Not saying it's an easy catch, but physically possible and might be a ESPN top 10 play candidate.

Wasnt that caught for a TD on the deflection?
There was one to X to the back right corner that hit his hand or in the catachable region.  It appears to be contested, but the ball never touched the defender.  Not saying it's an easy catch, but physically possible and might be a ESPN top 10 play candidate.

If Worthy catches that, it’s a ESPN top 5 play for the year, at any level.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Wasnt that caught for a TD on the deflection?

Yes but called back for holding.  Both holding calls that negated bama tds would probably have been sacks without the takedowns, and the one should have been an int anyway and they still got 3 points on that possession. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Watch the slo mo replay . Brooks dropped that ball before Koolaid came into play . The ball never even made into Brooks hands. Bounced off his fingers and was dropping when Koolaid showed up

Yep , I just re-watched it. It was a drop. I thought the Db got a hand in there 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN