2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Satisfying regular season. One thing continues to baffle me though...

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.26939bd510a7945c2857edcfd2855764.png

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE????

Tons of penalties (nothing too unusual there)

It was the week Diggs went down (contributed bad vibes and some chaos in secondary)

Missing two starting OL

Edit: plus fart smelling theory is highly likely.

Edited by gofuckyourself

I'm way more baffled by the margin of the SF and Buffalo losses. I get losing, but we could not adjust to anything on either side of the ball at any time during the game. Just blows my mind that we couldn't muster anything in those games.

7 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Tons of penalties (nothing too unusual there)

It was the week Diggs went down (contributed bad vibes and some chaos in secondary)

Missing two starting OL

Edit: plus fart smelling theory is highly likely.

3 starting OL 

Just now, Disco Strangler said:

Texans with a deep run would be good for Cowboys.  Jones takes this state for granted and puts little effort into winning.  The Cubs of the NFL.  

They flip SA and Jerrah's fucked.

Is anyone still concerned about losing Dan Quinn? They have three or four (when healthy) of the best defensive players in the NFL and the defense is shit. 

And we all knew McCarthy would shit the bed at some point and get completely outcoached.

The home field thing was a bit of an anomaly. It was never home field. It was just inconsistency, and the ability of some teams to take advantage of the holes in the Cowboys scheme. Dallas hasn't had a particularly strong home field advantage since Jerry World was built. It was just more of a coincidence they matched up better in their home games. 

Dallas was far too one dimensional to survive the playoffs. They need people to stop the run, and a coach that understands that you can't just avoid run defense and get away with it. They need a much stronger running game, with a punishing runner to finish drives. They need a big scary compliment to Lamb as the other wideout. Ferguson was a revelation during the season, but it wasn't enough, too few reliable options. 

Edited by DougO

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

Super Bowls have consequences.

Cowboys are garbage same as always but maybe slow the roll on a team playing a 4th place schedule in the AFC South (NFC South was their cross-conference match up this year) and just beat a Cleveland Browns team led by a 38 year old has been who has 15 or so NFL starts over the last 5 years.

On 1/10/2024 at 3:38 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Pete Carroll out as head coach in Seattle. How likely is it that Quinn fills that spot? I always feel he was just waiting for the right spot to open up.

I have a feeling Quinn's head coaching prospects plummeted quite a bit after today's shithole performance. We're probably stuck with him.