Colorado vs Colorado State - ABC

Pancho

Just now, Chewbacca said:
4 minutes ago, wood said:
Still not seeing the connection. What does Texas looking like shit for most of the game have to do with CU looking like shit for most of their game? Texas fans can only talk about other games when they look great? I mean ... you're on a Texas board talking about how bad Texas looked, in a CU thread lol.

Why are Texas fans crowing about CU looking like shit? That's the point. Look in the mirror.

I'm not crowing about it, but what the fuck do you care about what Texas fans think about CU or if they crow about it?  I sure as hell don't give a fuck about what you think about Texas. I'll bet there's some CU assholes over on a CU board talking shit about Texas tonight, but I'll never know for sure, because you'd never see me over on their shitty board finding out.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm not crowing about it, but what the fuck do you care about what Texas fans think about CU or if they crow about it?  I sure as hell don't give a fuck about what you think about Texas. I'll bet there's some CU assholes over on a CU board talking shit about Texas tonight, but I'll never know for sure, because you'd never see me over on their shitty board finding out.
Ok, chief.
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
5 minutes ago, wood said:

Ok, chief.

Chief, lol. That's it? Some Texas fans said my team looked crappy tonight. Boo fucking hoo.

Edited by wood
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Every person who thinks black people have no place in college football than playing. But don't tell me this doesn't exist. Go look at the commentary of Colorado. But I get it. You don't think race plays a role.

Race doesn’t dictate personality, or are you saying it does?

Deon and similar personalities were why I stopped watching the NFL. Those personalities think they are bigger than the game, and turn it into something I didn’t care to watch, like professional wrestling. I get that some people are entertained by the theatrics and “look at me” personalities. I’d rather watch a coach who gets shit done without all the bullshit and attention seeking, regardless of skin color. Unless you’re claiming the reason he is an attention seeking drama queen is because he’s black? Then, I guess that’s on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

I do hate Deion Sanders for the scams he ran on people here in Dallas. 

I don't like his Baker Mayfield quality of whining and crying about how everyone is against him and everyone doubts him and makes everything personal when he's done so much in his life to make people hate him. 

So yeah he's basically an amalgamation of aggy and Baker Mayfield with all the slimy con man qualities of an evangelical televangelist. 

I gave him major props for the job he did in the TCU game and if he proves to be a quality college coach then so be it. His kid shouldn't be mentioned for the Heisman for 1 great opening game against what's turned out to be a mediocre team then struggling against Nebraska and CSU. 

Wait- kid has thrown for 1261 yards at a 70% clip with 10 TDs vs  just 1 pick and you don't think he should be in the conversation? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, naija said:

you know why. I would imagine Deion has had some version of the talk about not satisfying the expectations of what others think you are with his team. Despite what some think here, he is very much of the Cosby Pound Cake variety. wear shades and talk loudly, fine. Do anything that will cause certain labels to start flowing freely, not okay. 

Within rules and the whistle. Maybe a flag. Not a straight up fight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

Weird that you wrote this post in a thread called "Colorado vs Colorado State-ABC". Seems you care enough to be up past bedtime posting in a thread that has shit all to do with Texas or anyone we play actually. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Deon and similar personalities were why I stopped watching the NFL. Those personalities think they are bigger than the game, and turn it into something I didn’t care to watch, like professional wrestling. I get that some people are entertained by the theatrics and “look at me” personalities. I’d rather watch a coach who gets shit done without all the bullshit and attention seeking, regardless of skin color. Unless you’re claiming the reason he is an attention seeking drama queen is because he’s black? Then, I guess that’s on you.

You're saying you stopped watching football because of Deion Sanders and his personality while playing football? 

I call bull junk. 

I know dern well you watched. And if you like football, you realized he was phenomenal. 

I stopped watching football because of Bill Romanowski and people like him.

You have missed the point, completely. It's entertainment. It's promotion. Did you also 'hate' Muhammad Ali?  

Deion’s personality put Jackson State and HBCU football on TV. But he had to win to keep them on TV. Same is happening at CU. A 1-11 team is 3-0. The personality brought eyes (and money). He has to win or it's all a joke. He knows. He's said as much if you've listened to him speak. He knows he isn't there to only be a caricature. He also knows what it takes to be elite at something - not like everyday good elite, but 1% of the less than 1% elite. 

I mean, it's hard for me to 'hate' a guy I don't know when he seems to be his genuine self and he seems to be doing right by young men he leads. I don't know about the scam, so I have no judgement there. 

Edited by Slacks
Like - > know
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

You have missed the point, completely. It's entertainment. It's promotion. Did you also 'hate' Muhammad Ali?  

Be entertained, by him then. I’m not. Ali was well before my time but I don’t think I would have liked his personality either. My favorite football players would fit the mold of Barry Sanders, not Prime or Gronk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

You're saying you stopped watching football because of Deion Sanders and his personality while playing football? 

I call bull junk. 

Not just Prime, other players too, but honestly he highlights what I hated about the NFL when I quit watching. He’s literally the poster boy for who I dislike. I don’t care if you agree. I have the same right to dislike him as you do to like him.

• Like 1

Was never a big Deion fan as a player, that is, until he signed with Dallas.  It was his pizza ads with Jerry that turned the tide on him for me( offense or defense?  Both) I thought he and Irvin were solid on NFLN and I’m rooting for him to do well in Coaching. Him playing the victim card is no different from any other Coach that does it, imo. #TeamDeion 

• Like 1

It’s all schtick. Whether it’s real at its core or put on, who fucking knows, but having a schtick as a coach is not unique to Deion. Jim Harbaugh has a schtick (perpetual Red Ass). Nick Saban has a schtick (ProCeSs). Mack Brown has a schtick (folksy nice guy).  Mike Leach was both schtick and talent. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

Here’s the thing about schtick: it’s all gravy when you are winning.  But it can sour pretty quick.

Colorado will play an actual opponent next week and we will find out if this team is for real.  It’s clear to me that Shadeur Sanders is talented AF, I’m just not sure where the rest of this squad is. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, troph said:

“I knew if he [Brady] could do it I could do it.”

kid is talented, he did do it, and kiddo dream but for real? You’re more of a sure bet than Tom Brady was?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Well this kid will get drafted a hell of a lot higher than Tom did....so he's got that going for him, which is nice.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, troph said:

“I knew if he [Brady] could do it I could do it.”

kid is talented, he did do it, and kiddo dream but for real? You’re more of a sure bet than Tom Brady was?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

For real. He’s the first athlete I’ve ever heard of that plays mental games to foster confidence and belief in themselves. What a weirdo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Weird that you wrote this post in a thread called "Colorado vs Colorado State-ABC". Seems you care enough to be up past bedtime posting in a thread that has shit all to do with Texas or anyone we play actually. 

What's weird is that Chewbacca, a CU guy I guess (?), would come on a Texas board's thread about the CU game and complain about or be surprised by what Texas fans say about CU. I was just reading about the game & saw him getting all pissy about any Texas fan posting anything he didn't like about CU ... on a Texas board. He was the one interrjecting the stupid shit about the Texas game "in a thread that has shit all to do with Texas or anyone we play". That's the point. 

So Texas fans can't call it like they see it about CU in this thread? Good to know. Sorry. I thought I was on the Surl, not BuffFanCircleJerk.com. And re: my bedtime, look at my posting history. I'm up past 'bedtime' all the fucking time.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, wood said:

What's weird is that Chewbacca, a CU guy I guess (?), would come on a Texas board's thread about the CU game and complain about or be surprised by what Texas fans say about CU. I was just reading about the game & saw him getting all pissy about any Texas fan posting anything he didn't like about CU ... on a Texas board. He was the one interrjecting the stupid shit about the Texas game "in a thread that has shit all to do with Texas or anyone we play". That's the point. 

So Texas fans can't call it like they see it about CU in this thread? Good to know. Sorry. I thought I was on the Surl, not BuffFanCircleJerk.com. And re: my bedtime, look at my posting history. I'm up past 'bedtime' all the fucking time.

I like CSU because I previously lived in Fort Collins for a while, and my boss is a CSU alum.  But I'm mostly indifferent when it comes to CU.  I think of them about the same way I think of, say, Arizona State.  Which is to say, not at all, unless we're playing them.

So I really don't even care about them enough to get on their board and find out if they're saying anything about us.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Cool.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Not just Prime, other players too, but honestly he highlights what I hated about the NFL when I quit watching. He’s literally the poster boy for who I dislike. I don’t care if you agree. I have the same right to dislike him as you do to like him.

Who else, specifically?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

For real. He’s the first athlete I’ve ever heard of that plays mental games to foster confidence and belief in themselves. What a weirdo.

I remember Bryce Young talking about how nobody believed he could play at a high level in college. He was a 5* and one of the top QB in the country coming out of HS

Just now, Pancho said:

Who else, specifically?

Oh, you know

Sanders success and legacy as a coach will depend on a lot more than these first few games. But, it would have been massively negligent of him to show up at a moribund Colorado and NOT use one of the few things they actually had going for then once he got there…which is his flair for promotion, Primetime, all of that. Mind you I don’t think that is the only tool he has used but that program needed a massive sudden change and he would have been an idiot to leave that bullet in the chamber.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Whitey mad tonight. I don't care if they lose the rest of the games. They were desperate to have Deoin lose. Hasn't happened. Poor whitey

Hey, some of us actually

1. like Colorado State, and

2. hate Colorado and their five down bullshit title cheating motherfuckin asses.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, unless said coach is a sipshit former sooner who chokes away the game with some wussy ass game management and play calls 🤬

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Every person who thinks black people have no place in college football than playing. But don't tell me this doesn't exist. Go look at the commentary of Colorado. But I get it. You don't think race plays a role.

I mean, it does, obviously, but Surly ain't exactly texags, ya know?

12 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

I keep telling people that Washington is a darkhorse championship contender. Best D in the PAC. Offense is probably 3rd behind SC and Oregon. Penix is a beast if he can stay healthy. Stout lines.

1. yeah, Washington is scary good

2. hahahaha he said "penix"

Put another way... if Deion coaches a team I like, I'm rooting for him and all in on the bandwagon. He makes success fun, and I'm all in favor of that IF it's a team I want to see succeed.

I don't like Colorado. I don't feel happy for their long-suffering fans (not suffering long enough for me). I don't think college is better with a competent Colorado football team. I might root for them on occasion, but only if they're playing someone like ou or aggy or cal or some other team I hate even more than Colorado.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wood said:

All that would be valid if Chewy hadn't been here already for years to the tune of 5k posts. What makes this board great is it has drawn fans/alum from all over. @aggie08 is a solid poster. @Sbbruin is too. We have people from everywhere and it keeps the conversation interesting. Its not just a Longhorn echo chamber.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

All that would be valid if Chewy hadn't been here already for years to the tune of 5k posts. What makes this board great is it has drawn fans/alum from all over. @aggie08 is a solid poster. @Sbbruin is too. We have people from everywhere and it keeps the conversation interesting. Its not just a Longhorn echo chamber.  

And @ChiTownDoc, @Gatorubet, @Bama Chickand @bamachine and @BamaATL, @956 Worldwide... even @slorch has some good moments. There's many others and apologies for forgetting 'em.

I wouldn't say we're not entirely an echo chamber. There's echo chambers within the site (coughCloakRoomcough). But having posters like this absolutely makes this a better place to be than it would be without 'em.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And @ChiTownDoc, @Gatorubet, @Bama Chickand @bamachine and @BamaATL, @956 Worldwide... even @slorch has some good moments. There's many others and apologies for forgetting 'em.

I wouldn't say we're not entirely an echo chamber. There's echo chambers within the site (coughCloakRoomcough). But having posters like this absolutely makes this a better place to be than it would be without 'em.

Tbh if you’re an opposing team fan or fan of another and post here while not being crowd sources….odds are you’re a pretty good poster 

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Whitey mad tonight. I don't care if they lose the rest of the games. They were desperate to have Deoin lose. Hasn't happened. Poor whitey

I pulled for Colorado State because I don't care for Deion.  Never have. I didn't like him at FSU, Atlanta, SF, Dallas, or Baltimore.

1. The CSU coach is black.  How could I pull for the Rams.  Maybe he's not black enough, right?

2. My current and alltime favorite NFL players are Patrick Mahomes and  Earl Campbell. Two black dudes, but PMII is suspect, right?

3. My favorite current and alltime NCAA players are probably Bryson Daily- Army QB from my hometown in Texas and Wes Welker.  Two white dudes.  there goes any credibility I might have.

But I dislike Deion's bullshit and grifting and it's only because of his race.  I also dislike Baker Mayyfield and Johnny Manziel plenty.  It's because of race, right?

Deion's antics leave plenty to dislike.  It's lazy as fuck to blame the dislike on race.  It's a cop-out.  It's what our society loves to do these days.

Full disclosure, i enjoyed a fun football game.  Not sure why that's not enough.

Edited by slorch

Sanders is all about Sanders. I think these two tweets are the essence of his personality. Coach  Prime said he was not a Nole, as he finally graduated from Talladega college. Kanell talked about the dis of the University they both played for, and Sanders replies that his jersey was retired and he was a dogg, obviously implying Kanell was shit and had no right to talk. Actually, he said Kanell had no right to talk because he wasn’t a grown-up.  
If you tell me you would be fine with a Horn whose jersey was honored and retired and hanging at DKR saying he was not a Longhorn, then I must be old senile school.