Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Heard a draft commentator saying guys like Worthy and Ewers have enough highlights on tape to get drafted high even if they aren’t consistent. NFL coaches will see the ceiling and bet on themselves to coach the consistency in

Worthy and Ewers have both already shown getting the bag is a priority. They will be gone.

Also with Ewers specifically, if he doesn’t have a reasonably high draft grade that entices him to leave this year, that probably means this season went south, he didn’t play well, and Texas may want to move on anyway.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

I don't think he was the fastest guy in his draft class lol. Chris Johnson was in that draft and ran like a 4.2 while also having elite quickness. Worthy is fast as fuck and has elite quickness, it's a good comparison in my opinion. 

I don't see Worthy running below 4.35 -- he doesn't seem to pull away like that -- but he'd win any 20 yard dash.

22 hours ago, Fud said:

ESPN's efficiency metric is interesting because it isolates only plays from this current season, instead of using recruiting/transfer data and previous seasons' results like SP+/FPI/FEI; the former is more interesting for seeing how teams are actually performing this year (albeit in a small sample size and noisy set), while the ladder is more useful for gambling 

Surprised the grammar Nazis haven't attacked this one yet.

Ladders are useful for climbing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I can honestly say I hate Rapylor more than any other football team. I hate their lame ass color scheme, I hate their city and their corrupt PD, I hate their faux christian bullshit, I hate their fair weather fans, I hate rape and rape enablers, I hate fArt Briles, I hate Ken Starr, I hate I hate hate hate

Mudhole those fucks, break them, hang 50 on them in the first half, then let the scrubs curb stomp them in the second half and hang another 50 on them.

I want the entire world to wake up Sunday morning and read about the historic ass beating that happened in that shithole city on Saturday, Sept 23. The beat down should be so bad and infamous that goat herders in Tunisia and fishermen in Micronesia talk about it for generations to come. The Taliban, Russian war criminals, and professional torturers should be appalled at the lack of mercy we will show those raping fucks. After we get the hell out, God should open a sink hole and swallow the entire city just to save them from living in the shame of that game.

Tom Cruise Cinema Supremo GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bobby/ Gerry pointed out that despite the shitty completion percentage he is still averaging nearly 8 yards per attempt - Baylor takes a shit-ton of deep shots. Our Safeties need to be ready because Baylor is going to test them deep. 

This hits close to home. I tested South Austin's mom deep last night.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

I’m Going to this game, it’ll be my first ever experience watching Texas on the road.  Any recs on where to pre-game?

Park downtown on the other side of the highway. Plenty of free parking. A handful of sports bars over there to watch the 2:30 games. It’s a 25 min walk to the stadium, there’s a shuttle if you’d rather 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I can honestly say I hate Rapylor more than any other football team. I hate their lame ass color scheme, I hate their city and their corrupt PD, I hate their faux christian bullshit, I hate their fair weather fans, I hate rape and rape enablers, I hate fArt Briles, I hate Ken Starr, I hate I hate hate hate

Mudhole those fucks, break them, hang 50 on them in the first half, then let the scrubs curb stomp them in the second half and hang another 50 on them.

I want the entire world to wake up Sunday morning and read about the historic ass beating that happened in that shithole city on Saturday, Sept 23. The beat down should be so bad and infamous that goat herders in Tunisia and fishermen in Micronesia talk about it for generations to come. The Taliban, Russian war criminals, and professional torturers should be appalled at the lack of mercy we will show those raping fucks. After we get the hell out, God should open a sink hole and swallow the entire city just to save them from living in the shame of that game.

image.gif.b44a3d4931b8c7fb57edda1a5dc4e2c0.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I literally don't give a shit what Baylor thinks about playing us; I want to mercilessly stomp the shit out of them for the Teaff game rip-off, levels of rape that would make Bill Cosby blush, and the Branch Davidian/ATF bullshit, which I'm absolutely certain is Baylor's fault, both for creating a cult based on child rape and for the FBI fuckups. I want them to lose because I hate yellow and green. I hate their school, their shitty fake Christian church denomination, their players, their students, their admin, their town, their stadium, their conference. Fuck Baylor, fuck Waco, let's beat them 72-0... in the first quarter. And then keep the starters in.
all gas, no brakes, fuck Baylor

So I’m guessing you don’t watch Fixer Upper?
  • Haha 1

Park downtown on the other side of the highway. Plenty of free parking. A handful of sports bars over there to watch the 2:30 games. It’s a 25 min walk to the stadium, there’s a shuttle if you’d rather 

If you get there early enough, Chip and Joanna’s “Magnolia Square” is just West of 35 and the Baylor campus. Short walk after eating an early brunch/lunch and buying shiplap type “creative” things, according to my wife! Last trip to the UT @ Baylor game, she insisted that we took my truck, just in case she saw a “larger” item in the touristy area. So I asked her who’d be watching our truck while we’re at the game - so I won!

The only thing North of the river is the Bidet on the Brazos and a Track & Field complex.

Hook’em!!!

Just a reminder that Baylor went 2-5 against Strong and Herman including losing to a 5-7 Texas team in back to back seasons. In fact, the one team that beat Strong, the team that would go on to record the highest poll finish in Baylor history, didn't record an offensive touchdown in the first half of that game. Year over year they kind of do a shitty job at getting up to play us. The last time a top 5 Texas team went into Waco Baylor was down 40 points at halftime. 

So, you know, we'll see what happens I guess. 

Oh - their B12 winning team from 2021 was also down 21-17 at home going into the 4th quarter against yet another 5-7 Texas team. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/18/2023 at 10:56 PM, 6th Street said:

If that's the case, Neyor probably isn't even the first guy off the bench when Worthy or Mitchell need a breather.  Hope he sticks around 

Going by the most recent depth chart, Neyor is behind* Casey Cain. Neyor has only seen action in one game this season iirc, so I wonder if Sark is planning on giving him a redshirt and hope he stays for 2024 and doesn't transfer/put his name in the draft.

image.png.8cfc37c54ba64e00ffca761379ea648c.png

*yes, I see the -or- but name placement matters and Cain is above Neyor. Chart also has Murphy -or- Manning and we already know Murphy is second string w/ Manning third string.

Put his name in the draft to do what? He needs to get and stay healthy and show what made him special next year to have a chance to get drafted. 

If he is impatient, he can leave, then we’ll bring in whatever high quality WR transfer we can land. Lots of opportunity to sell. 

He has a major opportunity here if he sticks around next year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1