Texas opens as an 18 point favorite v Kansas

TexasMan

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

The new time rules are only amounting to 4 less snaps a game.  Don't place a bet thinking there will be 2-3 fewer drives.

It feels like more. One thing I know is that I haven't seen a single onside kick yet and we're headed to week five. I don't know why the new clock rolls would affect on sidekicks, but it seems like they are. Anybody know where to look up the stats? It'll be really interesting to look at the year over year change.

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

My impulse to put my entire 401k, equity in my house, my 1994 Land Cruiser and my entire cash and equity savings on Georgia -14 at Auburn is exactly why I don’t bet.

Auburn's entire secondary is injured too. I'm definitely throwing some money on that game even though Georgia hasn't looked great. 

Feels like the line should be double that. 

I think this is another over reaction after the under reaction from us not winning by 30 against WY but doing so against Baylor.  

I would love for us to win by 3 TDs, but I think Kansas has a decent defense. 

if the line was 11.5, I still think Kansas would cover.  I think Texas wins by somewhere from 7 through 11

1 hour ago, skilesare said:

It feels like more. One thing I know is that I haven't seen a single onside kick yet and we're headed to week five. I don't know why the new clock rolls would affect on sidekicks, but it seems like they are. Anybody know where to look up the stats? It'll be really interesting to look at the year over year change.

Onside kicks happen in close games, which don't happen often in preseason.

• Through Week 3 in 2023, games involving at least one FBS team are averaging 176.20 plays. Through Week 3 in 2022, the same average was 182.32 plays per game.

I heard it was at 4 snaps after this week, but haven't seen it as an official stat published yet.

The math is: Every first down trims about 5 seconds off the clock (you are really only saving the time that it takes to set the chains).  The average game has 34 first downs outside of the 2-minutes drills.  So 5*36 = 180 seconds lost.  180 seconds / 20 secs per play (historical avg) = theoretically 9 plays.   I'm going to completely guess (because there's no stat for this) that around 25% of first downs are out of bounds, so more like 6-7 plays lost.

I think we still haven't seen the new meta for how fast or slow coaches will go at 8 minutes vs 6 minutes vs 4 minutes.

The average drive is 7.5 plays.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

Most updated power ratings have us 20-22 pts better than the KU. Throw in the standard 3 pts for home field and there ya go. They don't just post numbers for shits and giggles, 18-19 is what the computers say the line should be. 

Those beers were doing work earlier. The 3 points should be added to the spread, not taken away

Edited by Blotto