Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We have been tackling well all year.

Not sure what happened at the end of the half but this isn't a systemic issue. I hope whatever they were doing wrong there gets corrected.

I beg to differ. There are a significant number of players that lower the boom instead of wrapping up all season. Catalon stands out in that regard, but Gbenda and several others. Hey, when it works, "tackling" isn't a problem, until it is. It's not as reliable as wrapping up. Ford generally tackles well.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I like this energy. 

OU is making me nervous, though. They look good. 

There have been at least 3 major momentum swings. There will be more. Our defense was stout 1st Qtr and QE was fine in the 2nd and our run game got going. 

shit is gonna swing back and forth the second half too. Gotta hope Tuscaloosa experience prevails the last 6-7 mins.

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

So has ours. We’ll see who makes the critical play/mistake. 

I mean, I thankfully don’t have a sooner degree, but a quick look shows that you have outscored your opponents by much, much more in the 1st half than the second. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Our D looks gassed in person

Ford having his worst game as a Horn. 

Keilan Robinson both giving the sooners 3 points and injuring Catalon

Baxter only getting 3ypc. Brooks getting 8. No reason to run much of Baxter the rest of the way.

Catalon hurt himself launching at Ford and a ball carrier. 

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Friendly reminder:

We had 13 at the half against Bama, and we scored 21 in the second half.

We had 10 at the half against Wyoming, and we scored 21 in the second half.

We're gonna be alright.

We ain't playing them scrubs we are playing a team that hates us and has gotten their asses kicked for 365 days for sucking so much cock last year...

Mildly different scenarios plus the refs seem to be smoking the cocks that OU did last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Speed to the snap is legit here our guys couldn’t read and we’re back pedaling makes it hard to attack makes it hard to tackle well always a split second behind. That’s just something they have to over come. They have to play faster on D. 

Time to get ready for the SEC and fake cramps to slow them down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Some of us said it would be close and Texas would win in the fourth. Big games usually come down to the last 5 mins of the 4th. I expect nothing less here.

Predictions are just that. No one is a seer. At least so far this season, Texas has played for 4 quarters instead of melting in the second half.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Defensively we’ve given up 14 2nd half points. 

I don’t care really, but that’s a better indication of your team’s net point differential? 

(also, I know you are a good poster and I’m just messing with you)

Just now, LonghornBreeder said:

Surly, this is Peppers. She was born on the day we won the Shootout in 2008.

I just had a talk with her. She says she's seen some low moments in the match-up, but today isn't one of them. She says Texas dominates the 3rd Q and holds on in a wild 4th Q for the win.

I can't wait to see it.

20231007_085043.jpg

This is the way gif.

• Pancho unpinned this topic