2023 World Series: Rangers vs Diamondbacks

Sir Ulrich

4 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Amazing to me that a team can get this far and still have to rely on a 'bullpen day." Nice effort D-Backs.

About the same effort they gave when scoring 1 time in the last 27 innings of the season against Hou. I’ll be glad to bury them simply for that bs. Not that that little division flag means much now. 

Tickets for tonight's game (decent upper deck infield) are less than $200 from a few vendors, with fees averaging around $70 per ticket.

I'm sorely tempted to head downtown tonight and see a World Series game in person for the first time in my life.  The fact that it could also be a World Series clenching game for the Rangers is pretty sweet, as well.

Dad took me to a Rangers game in their inaugural season in Arlington when I was 5 years old--I want to say it was against the Red Sox, but all I remember for sure is it was within the first few weeks of the season--and I've been a long-suffering fan ever since.  The way the 2011 Series got away from us took years off my life, I'm sure.

Completely off topic, I wish we'd have stuck with the uniform change we made when we moved from Arlington Stadium to the Ballpark in Arlington.  I thought I'd hate the red caps but I immediately loved the switch.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Tickets for tonight's game (decent upper deck infield) are less than $200 from a few vendors, with fees averaging around $70 per ticket.

I'm sorely tempted to head downtown tonight and see a World Series game in person for the first time in my life.  The fact that it could also be a World Series clenching game for the Rangers is pretty sweet, as well.

Dad took me to a Rangers game in their inaugural season in Arlington when I was 5 years old--I want to say it was against the Red Sox, but all I remember for sure is it was within the first few weeks of the season--and I've been a long-suffering fan ever since.  The way the 2011 Series got away from us took years off my life, I'm sure.

Completely off topic, I wish we'd have stuck with the uniform change we made when we moved from Arlington Stadium to the Ballpark in Arlington.  I thought I'd hate the red caps but I immediately loved the switch.

if you're there you'd be crazy not to go.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Same as others have said... this is a no-brainer.  If a team you root for is in a championship series and you have the opportunity and means to go, you should 100% do it.  You never know when that chance may come again.  When I was living in CA, I spent over $1000 on one ticket to go see the Astros play in G2 of the 2017 World Series. It was absolutely worth every penny.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I think streaming is skewing viewership numbers, but yeah this WS isn’t a huge draw. Especially with AZ just rolling over. I do think they get a consolation win tonight before the rangers win game 6 at home. 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i am very upset that these ratings are revealing that the rangers don't have a huge national following.

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Arizona rolled over and that's why the ratings are bad?

Wish I was watching that series.

I think it's mainly that AZ doesn't have a lot of fans and Texas is probably a middle of the pack fanbase. I'm assuming TEX/PHI would have done ~11-12M. 

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

As others said, go if you can go. But I recommend you avoid any clenching if you want to clinch.

• Haha 3

Especially the guy in the red pullover right behind the plate that kept doing dumb shit to try and distract the pitcher.  I first noticed it in the 8th. He was there but not doing it in the 9th. Maybe he got a talking to. 

was right behind the umpire from the angle of the cf camera shot, so unsure if the pitchers could even see him from their angle and focus. 

but if a batters eye is important, shouldn’t pitchers get the same courtesy?

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

but if a batters eye is important, shouldn’t pitchers get the same courtesy?

Pitchers aren’t trying to track a moving target though. 

Rangers win tonight and I can rid myself of this stupid fucking avatar. Please let it happen.

• Drool 1

14 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Dude is going to throw 9 innings of no hit ball and these fucktards are gonna continue tripping on their own dicks trying to plate a run. 

it's alright, they started discussing the no hitter exactly one minute before it was ruined lolol why on earth even mention it or point it out much less discuss it?