THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, mop said:

Well duh.  I've been shocked at all the predictions of us being #4 behind FSU at #3.  If FSU gets in, they are the obvious #4 given the current circumstances.

I can see (almost) overlooking the fact FSU is no where near as good without Travis playing but still put them in the playoff because undefeated P5.  But when it comes to seeding you 100% have to take into account the current situation.

14 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

One host picked Texas #4 based on head-to-head, the other picked Bama because he thinks they’re the best team in the country right now and would beat Texas if they played head-to-head ‘now’

No one that watched Texas play today should be able to say that with a straight face. 

We've won our last 2 games by a combined 85 points. Bama eeked by Georgia and should have lost to Auburn. Again. If you want to value recent results more then okay. Over the last two games for each team Texas has looked more impressive overall. Go back another week and we won by 10 on the road in Ames at night (in November) and Bama played an FCS team.

But they'd line up and beat us this time around, because, why? I don't see it. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Texas needs to address this "Alabama has the best win" BS. Just point out that Alabama will be above Georgia so Texas has the best win. 

Yes, Alabama HAD the best win, until the new rankings came out after they won.

At which point, Texas will have the best win. Please note future vs past tense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 89Horn said:

For what it’s worth from a few minutes ago.

edit:  for context, she believes the committee will still see Georgia as one of the best teams that was ranked No. 1 and will also consider FSU having key personnel (QB or QBs) out.  Essentially, consider who they are now and consider whether they are one of the best four teams.

IMG_6519.thumb.jpeg.71b8fb04b518f43252a63f7fb44a6b93.jpeg

Ok we're in. Glad we all came together and settled it.

So it's just seeding.

Now, I'd like it if we're #3 and play Washington as #2.

Kinda continues the "settling old business" thread of this year.

Then we beat Michigan for the title and again in the rematch game next year.

Edited by gofuckyourself
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one that watched Texas play today should be able to say that with a straight face. 

We've won our last 2 games by a combined 85 points. Bama eeked by Georgia and should have lost to Auburn. Again. If you want to value recent results more then okay. Over the last two games for each team Texas has looked more impressive overall. Go back another week and we won by 10 on the road in Ames at night (in November) and Bama played an FCS team.

But they'd line up and beat us this time around, because, why? I don't see it. 

Because something something secsecsec nonsensical bullshit. Oregon was supposed to easily beat Washington in the rematch right?

Edited by Bevo14

It would be cooler to play Michigan in the Rose Bowl, but Washington is worse and less talented top to bottom than Michigan or (more obviously) Alabama.  Washington is who I’d like to draw to maximize the chances of winning.  Penix isn’t actually that great a talent, either.  

Short version. Michigan is the better team but we match up against them better than we do Washington.
  • Hook 'Em 8

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]