THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I'll say that if I was picking our opponent in the discussion it would be FSU in the Sugar.

I THINK it will be Washington in Rose.

So I predict:

1) Washington 

2) Michigan 

3) FSU

4) Texas

So I think Houston ends up looking like:

bf377aa9b4efeba736daf2351dd8508b_crop_exact.jpg.d73d3a76d673d495981e8b7e12442e1a.jpg

Which I personally would love.

But.. the most important thing is, I just want Texas to play!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Penix isn’t actually that great a talent, either.  

He's winning me over somewhat. I know we didn't have our full squad, but he does have scoreboard on us from last year. He's the real deal at QB and should be respected by Sark if we have to face him again.

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ll have whatever you people saying Texas is in already are smoking. FSU doesn’t deserve to be in but there’s just no reality that they got left out, or the SEC champ gets left out. We’re the odd man

Well, anyone who pays a lick of attention to college football is taking into account we beat said SEC champ in their house by double digits.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It would be cooler to play Michigan in the Rose Bowl, but Washington is worse and less talented top to bottom than Michigan or (more obviously) Alabama.  Washington is who I’d like to draw to maximize the chances of winning.  Penix isn’t actually that great a talent, either.  

We agree, against the opinion of most Surly. Michigan is a much better team than Washington in totality, if Washington's offense is a better match up against Texas.

Texas will score, a lot, on Washington.

13 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

For what it’s worth from a few minutes ago.

IMG_6519.thumb.jpeg.71b8fb04b518f43252a63f7fb44a6b93.jpeg

I see people saying she's like the 'committee whisperer' or something. How accurate has she been previewing the rankings so far?

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

We agree, against the opinion of most Surly. Michigan is a much better team than Washington in totality, if Washington's offense is a better match up against Texas.

Texas will score, a lot, on Washington.

That's probably what Oregon thought they'd do. The difference is we're a lot better than Oregon.

Just now, wood said:

How accurate has she been previewing the rankings so far?

I don’t follow her.  So don’t know.  Here’s her rationale that she believes the  committee would consider.  Georgia was No. 1, so considered the best team for most of the season and still. one of the bests.  FSU is now lacking key personnel (QB or QBs) and the committee takes that into consideration, which impacts whether FSU is still one of the four best teams.  It’s not and not better than Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was.  08 was even better.

I don't disagree, but the 09 slander is annoying, I never hated our fanbase more than that year. That team healthy was winning that game by a blowout because Bama was shellshocked. Colt with that screen to Shipley would have scored 50.

• Hook 'Em 1

From ESPN:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/playoffpredictions120223/2023-college-football-playoff-picks-conference-championships

Here's who our experts are picking to be in the College Football Playoff:

Andrea Adelson: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas

Blake Baumgartner: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Alabama

Kyle Bonagura: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Alabama

Bill Connelly: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas

Heather Dinich: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. Alabama

David Hale: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Florida State 4. Texas

Chris Low: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Alabama

Harry Lyles Jr.: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Florida State 4. Texas

Ryan McGee: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Alabama

Adam Rittenberg: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Florida State

Alex Scarborough: 1. Washington, 2. Michigan, 3. Texas, 4. Alabama

Mark Schlabach: 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. Alabama

Paolo Uggetti: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Florida State

Tom VanHaaren: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Florida State

Dave Wilson: 1. Washington 2. Michigan 3. Texas 4. Alabama

Everyone except Kyle Bonagura has Texas on their list. 10/15 have us at the #3 spot.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Just read the bios of all the committee members. There are zero with any ties to anything SEC. That has to be good. The KSU AD is on there. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Well he does like $$ and UT getting in helps the B12 coffers and its always better to not set any precedents that could get used against you in the future

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Because we are.  Worst case we're the #4 and that would be a slap in the face.  We're #3 because they won't move us over teams that won their CCG, but in reality we should probably be #1 or #2 the way all teams are playing right now.

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]