THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

This is the only reason they would seed FSU #4. I don't think they would come out and say it but it would basically be "We felt like we had to put the 13-0 team in but it would be really weird to give the 2 seed a bye instead of the 1 seed." Their actual outward explanation, whatever it is, would make no sense.

They can always just swap Washington and Michigan at 1 and 2 if they are that worried about the top seed getting a "bye"

I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s an excitement only a long-suffering fan who has survived a brutal 15 years can feel, a fan at the start of a long journey into a new conference with great depth, coaching and recruiting. I hope the team makes it across the border into the CFP. I hope the team lifts another national championship trophy. I hope to watch them win again in person this season as I raise my hand to Hook ‘Em. I hope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

They can always just swap Washington and Michigan at 1 and 2 if they are that worried about the top seed getting a "bye"

I thought about that but then that's even messier because the committee has to publicly say "we think Michigan is the real #1 but we felt forced to have FSU as #3 and didn't want to penalize Michigan, so we also swapped Michigan and Washington". 

It's much cleaner to just have FSU at #4 which accomplishes the same thing without unnecessary #1 / #2 swaps. 

I’m heading into church in 12 minutes. If halfway through service I get buzzed that Texas isn’t in I will spend the last 30 minutes praying for God to smite down the morons on the committee (and maybe CDC for recusing himself from said committee). 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

27 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I feel like the entire reason we have a committee is to keep teams like fsu out. Otherwise it’s just using the BCS rankings.

This is where I was last night. Slept on it and now I don’t see how you can keep FSU out… I don’t envy the committee members this morning but I’m enjoying the fuck out of this debate. 

it’s so fucking great to be a Longhorn fan right now

7 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

This is not a good argument. Ole Miss and Mixzou are both top 12 teams and their loss to Bama is better than our loss to OU.

Strongly disagree that both teams are that good. The best win outside of the SEC for any SEC team was Mizzou’s Hail Mary FG against a KSU team at home. 

lots of teams are getting ranked high as there are 8 great teams and then an abyss

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m heading into church in 12 minutes. If halfway through service I get buzzed that Texas isn’t in I will spend the last 30 minutes praying for God to smite down the morons on the committee (and maybe CDC for refusing himself from said committee). 

Spoiler: There is no god. Good, now you can stay home and watch with the rest of us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I thought about that but then that's even messier because the committee has to publicly say "we think Michigan is the real #1 but we felt forced to have FSU as #3 and didn't want to penalize Michigan, so we also swapped Michigan and Washington". 

It's much cleaner to just have FSU at #4 which accomplishes the same thing without unnecessary #1 / #2 swaps. 

They wouldnt come out and say that. lol. They would just silently do it. But like I said, our opponent doesnt matter because FSU is likely in and we will have to play both Michigan and Washington. 

4 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s an excitement only a long-suffering fan who has survived a brutal 15 years can feel, a fan at the start of a long journey into a new conference with great depth, coaching and recruiting. I hope the team makes it across the border into the CFP. I hope the team lifts another national championship trophy. I hope to watch them win again in person this season as I raise my hand to Hook ‘Em. I hope.

Hook ‘em like an eagle soars!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You guys need to learn how to enjoy life. We are locked in. I think they give FSU the nod over Bama because it’s the easiest path, but we’re golden.

A hearty fuck you to the paint chip eaters who thought we should root for Georgia. Man we have some dumbass fans. I assume most of you got admitted in the 80s or 90s.

Me agreeing with your post until your last sentence.

chris farley what the fuck GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, B00M said:

This is where I was last night. Slept on it and now I don’t see how you can keep FSU out… I don’t envy the committee members this morning but I’m enjoying the fuck out of this debate. 

it’s so fucking great to be a Longhorn fan right now

The argument to keep fsu out is literally written into their foundational principles..

Screenshot_20231203_002208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

They wouldnt come out and say that. lol. They would just silently do it. But like I said, our opponent doesnt matter because FSU is likely in and we will have to play both Michigan and Washington. 

They would have to. Otherwise the "new" #1 is still going to say they were screwed. it causes more problems than it solves. I think we are in agreement that FSU should be #4 (assuming they are in) and manufacturing any way to have them at #3 is more convoluted than the committee just saying "based on combination of record, H2H, and current strength".

5 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

Yormark as the warden is a pretty good remake.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]