THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

One other thing that I can’t take credit for— penalizing a team for losing a player to injury incentivizes staff to either lie about injuries or rush players back before they are ready. 

Like I said earlier, the proper choice was for the CFP to bite the bullet and tell SEC, “sorry, your one loss champ lost its H2H with the other 1 loss champ.” 

The committee had a Sophie’s choice between Texas and the SEC they didn’t want to make and decided to grab someone else’s kid, LOL. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Now he knows how everyone felt that had to sit through that shitfest last night. 

Or that game against Florida. That was some brutal shit. Watching Rice play SMU in the old SWC at noon on Raycom was more entertaining.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

penalizing a team for losing a player to injury incentivizes staff to either lie about injuries or rush players back before they are ready. 

They didn't penalize them for losing a player. They penalized them for looking like dogshit against a bad UF team and a weak UL team.

I think FSU should have been in. But let's not pretend like they're actually a top 4 team. Michigan would strum them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One other thing that I can’t take credit for— penalizing a team for losing a player to injury incentivizes staff to either lie about injuries or rush players back before they are ready. 

Like I said earlier, the proper choice was for the CFP to bite the bullet and tell SEC, “sorry, your one loss champ lost its H2H with the other 1 loss champ.” 

The committee had a Sophie’s choice between Texas and the SEC they didn’t want to make and decided to grab someone else’s kid, LOL. 

You dont think that was on Sarks mind when he had Ewers go right back out there or said Ewers Xrays came back negative... just in case to help avoid that injury perception, especially after losing Brooks...

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

They absolutely would have been in. Like I said, this was a cowardly decision not to piss off the SEC. 

Oh for sure, once the decision became Bama or no SEC representative, FSU was turbo fucked.

If the decision was FSU v. UT given how their games played out, it would have been a lot closer. But you're probably right: four undefeated conference champions in, Texas as first out is the easy decision had Georgia won.

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Back from the gym. Happy to report zero dropped weights. Now to read 20 pages to catch up.

If not mentioned already we need a list of the clueless, dispshit analists who predicted Texas would be left out of the top 4. So far I've got Kelley Ford, Stu Mandel and Helobious. Anyone else?

Did you say anal-ist? If so, your list makes sense.

45 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

like to think of us as being in the SEC but on our own island.

And no, I will NOT be chanting SEC ever. We are in their conference and I will root as @BevoAbyss posted for Texas only. 

Nicole has the perfect metaphor: UT exists "on our own island." Let me add: "... island in the middle of a vast swamp, a polluted and insect-infested backwater that is "SEC SEC SEC!"

Never chant SEC, never care for any teams other than UT. 

By the way, Nicole, you are one of the very best posters on the site, imho. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BevoAbyss said:

Nicole has the perfect metaphor: UT exists "on our own island." Let me add: "... island in the middle of a vast swamp, a polluted and insect-infested backwater that is "SEC SEC SEC!"

piu

3 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

thirsty steve martin GIF

• Haha 7
  • Prepare your anus 1

18 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

OMG.....this shit again?

But, to your point, I'm not touching this game. FSU should be really motivated, but how many of their players are NFL-eligible who decide to sit it out?

Why would FSU be motivated? They could win 100-0 and no one will give a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I can tell some of you are about to become SEC/Texas fans like a lot of aggies are with their school and conference. Fuck them, their conference was mid across the board. We essentially won two conferences this year. They deserved to be left out. I hope FSU beats the dog shit out of Georgia.

I don’t think anyone here cares or will ever care about the SEC. No one here cares about the rest of the Big12 or SWC, why would that change?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

FSU got fucked. Big-time. I’m a known Aggie and if you forced me to bite the bullet, I’d have said this is the proper slate: 

1. UM

2. UDub

3. FSU

4. Texas by virtue of H2H.

It physically hurts to type that but it’s true. 

If Georgia had won like everyone thought they would, then there’s no convo. Four undefeated conference champs, four slots. FSU got punished because Georgia lost and that’s a cowardly joke. 

I don't know how anyone who watched FSU over the past two weeks could come away thinking they were one of the Top 4 teams in the country.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They didn't penalize them for losing a player. They penalized them for looking like dogshit against a bad UF team and a weak UL team.

I think FSU should have been in. But let's not pretend like they're actually a top 4 team. Michigan would strum them. 

All the teams that were up for debate had some unimpressive wins, but they won.  Bama looked mighty unsteady against USF and Auburn.  A three point win over TCU and a TD win over Houston that fired its coach is unimpressive. I’d go so far as to say that shutting out a ten win UL team without your all conference QB is not the shit performance you think it is, it’s a damn good coaching job. The key player rationale is in the stated reasoning and it’s what they’re gonna rely on.

I’m on Texas’ side here and think the committee needed to suck it up in the real world. But let’s not pretend that they do anything other than the easy “take four undefeated P5 teams” if UGA had won. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

We're like the Key West of the SEC.  People like it and want to visit.  But we'll blow up the highway bridge, restrict flights in and allow absolutely zero cruise ships.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I can tell some of you are about to become SEC/Texas fans like a lot of aggies are with their school and conference. Fuck them, their conference was mid across the board. We essentially won two conferences this year. They deserved to be left out. I hope FSU beats the dog shit out of Georgia.

Star Trek Spock GIF

what the fuck is wrong with you

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Why would FSU be motivated? They could win 100-0 and no one will give a shit.

Quick! Someone grab the Left Out Team Excuse Generator! I think Cal might still have theirs from '04.

1. If we win our bowl game, it proves that we were unjustifiably left out.
  2. If we lose our bowl game, it's because we were unmotivated since we were unjustifiably left out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Say what?  I don’t get that sentiment at all

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Rimbo said:

Quick! Someone grab the Left Out Team Excuse Generator! I think Cal might still have theirs from '04.

2. If we lose our bowl game, it's because we were unmotivated since we were unjustifiably left out.

if we got left out today we'd give a shit about another bowl game? bull fucking shit

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

And I've hated Aaron Rogers ever since.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

we were motivated because we got left out of the playoffs?

The Seminoles who play will be motivated bc they feel disrespected and have something to prove.

Good point though. We didn't get left out of anything, so FSU's mindset may be different than ours.

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

How many more pages can we get of people saying the same stuff over the next 2 hours.  I say at least 5 and I'm here for it.

4 hours ago, idigTexas said:

How many more pages can we get of people saying the same stuff over the next 2 hours.  I say at least 5 and I'm here for it.

Now can we get back to how Bo Nix was robbed, and should have been in, even if Oregon wasn’t!

And can we talk more about Larry Gatlin scored the second to last touchdown as a backup WR when UH dropped a hundred points on Tulsa back in 68?  I dug up a little bit, but couldn’t find if Gatlin played in the game against #4 UT when they finished with a 20-20 tie.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20115053/will-college-football-team-score-100-points-again

Larry Gatlin, who would later team up with his brothers and go on to fame as a country recording artist, had just recorded his first and only career reception, a 26-yard touchdown pass to give the Cougars a 93-6 lead (Yes, that's ninety-three points) over the visiting Tulsa Golden Hurricane. The dogs had long ago been called off, but Gatlin's family was in town from Lubbock and he managed to talk his teammates into throwing one more pass to give him a taste of glory. Now within striking distance of triple digits, the Houston faithful smelled blood. The Cougars on the sideline smelled it too.

Coach Bill Yeoman heard the calls from the crowd and wanted nothing to do with them. Instructions made their way down the sideline that the third-string offense was to kneel on the ball if it had to take the field again. The defense, which included senior linebacker Wade Phillips (Yes, that's NFL coaching veteran Wade Phillips), caught wind of the plan and decided they wanted to make an attempt to appease the crowd.

Edit: ignore, day crew would not understand any of this.

Edited by atomheartbevo