Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole in Kansas State's Ass

closetojumping

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Alot of people thought 5-7 after the National title game appearance was our lowest point, or the Charlie Strong era, or Tom Herman not knowing how a sledgehammer works.

Id argue, it was in 2006 on in Manhattan, Kansas when they ran back-to-back gimmick passes, with the second one resulting in a TD the single most destructive moment I've had in my life. First one was WR double pass, then a RB pass.

Around the 8:15 mark in 3rd quarter

The aftermath of this game was pretty much where Mack lost me. McCoy had that same shoulder/neck injury that was his achilles heel (Bama, more than once in NFL). Snead took over and did well enough to win, getting us to 42. The D gave up 45, though, and we lost it. Worse, two weeks later, McCoy was still not back to full strength, and worse, was sicker than shit from the flu. Mack started McCoy on a cold, windy day, and McCoy was completely ineffective. Snead stood next to Mack on the sidelines, but Mack kept McCoy on the field until the last play. McCoy was viciously fouled by an ag, while throwing a wounded duck that was intercepted. The fould was called, but for some reason the refs decided it was a dead ball foul and allowed the interception to stand. McCoy was obviously hurt and had to be helped the last few steps to the sideline. We stopped the ags and got the ball back one last time, and Mack - fucking Mack - let McCoy go back out, with less than a minute left, trailing 12-7. A couple of more wounded duck, fluttering, no-chance passes later, McCoy was flattened again, grabbing the shoulder as he went down. The hit was textbook targeting in today's rules: full speed rush, crown of the helmet into the top of the breastbone after the pass was thrown. This time he did not get up, and had to be carted off the field. After 59 minutes and 40 seconds of riding a dead horse, Mack finally sent Snead on the field, for his one and only play. Snead spent the entire game next to Mack, doing everything but begging to go in. Fuck Mack. Fuck Mack forever. And then some.

• Hook 'Em 8

This will be a statement game for this team.  Those PWPPs (Panty Waste Pity Parties) who are having to wring out their baby kimbies need some and get ready for some.  Internationally noted in alpine magazines etc, for being “Big and Loud” I have already posted here that we will win by 20+, but I will add to my proclamation!

We will block a punt for a Touchdown!

We will return a punt for a Touchdown!

And the Big Man TSweat will Score!

and we will get a Safety!

Mud Fucking Hole and…

Sativa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The aftermath of this game was pretty much where Mack lost me. McCoy had that same shoulder/neck injury that was his achilles heel (Bama, more than once in NFL). Snead took over and did well enough to win, getting us to 42. The D gave up 45, though, and we lost it. Worse, two weeks later, McCoy was still not back to full strength, and worse, was sicker than shit from the flu. Mack started McCoy on a cold, windy day, and McCoy was completely ineffective. Snead stood next to Mack on the sidelines, but Mack kept McCoy on the field until the last play. McCoy was viciously fouled by an ag, while throwing a wounded duck that was intercepted. The fould was called, but for some reason the refs decided it was a dead ball foul and allowed the interception to stand. McCoy was obviously hurt and had to be helped the last few steps to the sideline. We stopped the ags and got the ball back one last time, and Mack - fucking Mack - let McCoy go back out, with less than a minute left, trailing 12-7. A couple of more wounded duck, fluttering, no-chance passes later, McCoy was flattened again, grabbing the shoulder as he went down. The hit was textbook targeting in today's rules: full speed rush, crown of the helmet into the top of the breastbone after the pass was thrown. This time he did not get up, and had to be carted off the field. After 59 minutes and 40 seconds of riding a dead horse, Mack finally sent Snead on the field, for his one and only play. Snead spent the entire game next to Mack, doing everything but begging to go in. Fuck Mack. Fuck Mack forever. And then some.

Paragraph breaks are your friend.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Paragraph breaks are your friend.

But you not only read it, you agreed with it, and far from inserting your preferred paragraph breaks, you copied it intact.

Although, be fair, the software copied it verbatim for you, and you were simply too fucking lazy to correct it.

To be scrupulously fair, Too Fucking Lazy would be excellent as either a band name or, at the very least, the opening line of an indie song.

15 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

But you not only read it, you agreed with it, and far from inserting your preferred paragraph breaks, you copied it intact.

Although, be fair, the software copied it verbatim for you, and you were simply too fucking lazy to correct it.

To be scrupulously fair, Too Fucking Lazy would be excellent as either a band name or, at the very least, the opening line of an indie song.

No, I did not read it.

• Haha 1

Alot of people thought 5-7 after the National title game appearance was our lowest point, or the Charlie Strong era, or Tom Herman not knowing how a sledgehammer works.

Id argue, it was in 2006 on in Manhattan, Kansas when they ran back-to-back gimmick passes, with the second one resulting in a TD the single most destructive moment I've had in my life. First one was WR double pass, then a RB pass.

Too soon brah, way too soon.

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Jordy Nelson ain’t walking through that door.

• Rage+1 1

I want you to go to jail for this.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Screenshot-2023-11-02-at-8-29-25-PM.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The Apple Turnover game. Son of a bitch. Brutal. 

I think my favorite part of that debacle was when the punter, and I cannot remember his name, goes out to punt to David Allen. I don't know if anyone in the past few decades has caught up to Allen, but if memory serves, he was the greatest punt returner of all time. If he wasn't, it didn't take time to call roll.

Anyway, everyone in the stands and watching on tv assumed/knew that there was no fucking way Texas was going to kick it to Allen. Punt it out of bounds, right?. Nope. The fucking punter launches a missile at Allen. Outkicks the coverage by a mile. Allen, artist that he was, weaves his way to a TD, predictably.

When the kick launched, you could hear a collective groan from the crowd. This was 1999, the same season in which we opened by losing the only game Texas has ever played against North Carolina State by allowing three punt blocks. Poor Corey Redding. Poor us. So, yeah, Mack really had things going with those special teams back then.

That was the one and only time I ever heard Mack throw anyone under the bus, and it was well deserved. Post-game comment was “We told our punter to kick the ball out of bounds and the for some unknown reason he goes right out there and kicks the ball right down the middle of the field to David Allen’….

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

I didn’t say anything about the next year when fat Ron Prince danced down the sideline and everyone’s phone died cause of the rain in a 41-21 beat down. My mom thought I died from a Jordy Nelson TD

Dude... Ron Prince stomping around on the sideline like he's The Whiz is burned into the worst of my permanent memories. I still get white hot with rage when I think about that moment and that period of Texas football.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This guy looks like he may  be a close relative of Bert (Burt?) Auburn.

Shit, could be. Flower Mound and Wichita sit pretty much on the same highway. If you were from Wichita and decided you were going to the closest city that didn't suck, there you would be.

14 hours ago, Domedriver said:

We will block a punt for a Touchdown!

We will return a punt for a Touchdown!

And the Big Man TSweat will Score!

and we will get a Safety!

and all those will be negated by extremely questionable penalties. 

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

We’re running the table to end the year, it’s not about how good we are it’s how shitty our opponents are. Our next competitive game is going to be in Arlington in December. 

The last decade of data points says we fuck this up. 

But fuck it. I'm in. Gotta believe in something, right?

• Rage+1 1

I didn’t say anything about the next year when fat Ron Prince danced down the sideline and everyone’s phone died cause of the rain in a 41-21 beat down. My mom thought I died from a Jordy Nelson TD

I was there at the murder scene. Jordy Nelson, special teams meltdowns, turnovers, and it seemed like they tipped every ball at the line that Colt threw. Then blessed with pouring rain. That year was the start of our long O-line decline.