Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not sure I have ever seen a game end 33-30 game and felt like the defense came through. Welcome to Texas football 

Defense was getting shredded at the end of the game but 21 of the 30 points for K-State came from a turnover/short field. 

Offense and special teams miscues are the only thing that made this a game. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Until that 4 down stop that was the worst 15:20 + OT of Texas football I've seen in a long time.  So many mistakes.   Arch needs to play next week if not start.   We can't be put in a position where we can't pull MM if he gives the ball away like that again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Dude. He was not good outside of the first quarter. Period. He threw two INT’s and it honestly should have been 3 or 4. He needed a cutoff man for several more.

I’m not apologizing for the win but he isn’t ready and it’s obvious.

Yeah, this is a 20+ point win with even a competent QB. 

This loss almost entirely falls on the dumb turnovers and not converting on wide open WRs. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Got a call from my cardiologist earlier. He wanted to know if I was having a threescore with a couple of hot chick's. I laughed and told him "no" but asked why he asked. He told me he was trying to figure out why they were getting a signal that my defibrillator had gone off 26 times in 18 minutes and wanted to make sure that I was OK...

I told him I had been watching the game. Him being a Texas graduate,  he said he understood and reminded me that he had advised against me watching my beloved Horns 2 years ago...bastard.

Luckily my cardiologist just told me not to mow the grass. Sounds like you have a better cardiologist. This game was way more stressful. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maalik Murphy has to start keeping it a few times on zone read. He can walk for 10 to 15 yards. It takes zero athleticism for him to get free yards. 

Actually, he needs to start riding the pine. If Quinn isn’t ready for next week, then Arch should start. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

or the shit refs not calling the PI on that long bomb to worthy that would have put us within the 10.

And the phantom holding call against us.  Or Watts tapping the QB half a step out of bounds.  Quinn gets hit a legitimate 10 feet out of bounds and it's all good.  We're gonna have to beat the other team + refs every game.

• Hook 'Em 5

1. My boy Cam had some false start penalties, which I expect with the inexperience, but he looked really good out there. Gave up no pressures and really moving people in the run game. Campbell and Williams will be a monster right side running the ball next year. Proud of the kid. Now get back to work and get better. 

2. Disappointed to not see BJ today. He can’t be worse than Thompson. Can’t be. 

3. Can we raise some money for somebody on the D Line like we did for J Brooks? That D Line came to play and has some bad mofo. Need to start raising money now to get Murphy to stay. 

4. Sark full of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, FreeHorn said:

1. My boy Cam had some false start penalties, which I expect with the inexperience, but he looked really good out there. Gave up no pressures and really moving people in the run game. Campbell and Williams will be a monster right side running the ball next year. Proud of the kid. Now get back to work and get better. 

2. Disappointed to not see BJ today. He can’t be worse than Thompson. Can’t be. 

3. Can we raise some money for somebody on the D Line like we did for J Brooks? That D Line came to play and has some bad mofo. Need to start raising money now to get Murphy to stay. 

4. Sark full of shit. 

Number 3 all fucking day long. Give Sweat and B Murphy offers they can’t refuse this offseason.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Dude. He was not good outside of the first quarter. Period. He threw two INT’s and it honestly should have been 3 or 4. He needed a cutoff man for several more.

I’m not apologizing for the win but he isn’t ready and it’s obvious.

no he actually had some great slant and post timing with Adonai and Worthy most the game. Eat my cock. 

7 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Yes. I think it is half failure to make adjustments like the opponents seem to always do, and half Sark’s personality. Dude just isn’t a stone cold killer, more of a mad scientist.

I think it’s 100% turning the ball over multiple times from your own 30.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

We beat a ranked team with our back up QB. We aren’t dropping 2 spots. Stop being a pussy

That’s not the narrative that will be used.  It will be Texas collapses with 24-7 lead in 3rd quarter and nearly lost at home on the last play of game in OT.

Edited by Horn80
  • Rage+1 2

You guys talking about switching coaching staffs  What the FUCK are you talking about.  No way I would want Klieman, who in theory watched film and THEN saw the actual results in the game and spent the whole first half running the ball and just giving away possessions.  And then with his team having all the momentum as we made mistake after mistake to get them back into the game went full Joey McGuire drunken gambler and didn't allow his team to potentially take advantage of another one.

Sark makes some bonehead decisions in the moment but get the fuck out of here with this shit.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic