Game Week 10: Texas at TCU

Wulaw Horn

9 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

So I was just watching the ON3 Tale of the Tape with Burton and Wadlington. Paul made a comment about there being a strong belief among players and coaches that TCU knew our play signals last year.  I would think that it would come from Wiley, but he referenced a former TCU employee that was removed from the football facilities a week before the game? Anybody know what he’s talking about?

No, but that was an incredibly dumbfounding offensive performance. The rumor tracks to me. 

29 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
Right. Murphy should be done. He got his two starts. Thanks for staying with the program, but it's time to get down to business - that means making Texas the target for every five star recruit in the country - and that means moving on to Arch as soon as Ewers is done.

I can only speak for myself but I'd really be happy to see Maalik in burnt orange next season even if Arch is the heir apparent. I know that's not the greatest business decision for Murphy but if rumors are accurate he likes being at UT/ living in Austin and totally believes in Sark.

Of Course Yes GIF by PragerU

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

It's their Super Bowl blah blah blah. Lots of teams have gotten the shit kicked out of them in the actual fucking Super Bowl.

How many times do they have to kick our ass before it becomes our super bowl?  It's probably just another game for them by now.

• Hook 'Em 2

How many times do they have to kick our ass before it becomes our super bowl?  It's probably just another game for them by now.
Even during our decade wandering the wilderness having Texas in the schedule wasn't "just another game". I can assure you none of the hateful 8 want us to have eternal scoreboard on them, and Dykes has surely hammered home that point.

59 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

So I was just watching the ON3 Tale of the Tape with Burton and Wadlington. Paul made a comment about there being a strong belief among players and coaches that TCU knew our play signals last year.  I would think that it would come from Wiley, but he referenced a former TCU employee that was removed from the football facilities a week before the game? Anybody know what he’s talking about?

Some people on the board thought Phatterson gave us up to TCU, either intentionally or unintentionally. 

I think it's unlikely but it wouldn't take a whole lot for me to make a tin foil hat and put it on.

There was definitely talk about sign stealing in the forums.

But I don't remember seeing any articles about it from any reputable news sites.

Edited by ATXbronco

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Some people on the board thought Phatterson gave us up to TCU, either intentionally or unintentionally. 

I think it's unlikely but it wouldn't take a whole lot for me to make a tin foil hat and put it on.

But I don't remember seeing any articles about it from any reputable news sites.

That would surprise me. After his firing he was pretty salty towards them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Moving the guy who can't run to tight end seems like a good idea.

Well... he runs fine, just not very fast. May need some work on changing directions. Catches ball thrown between lineman's legs. Has not worked hard on blocking, as far as we know. Falls off of electric scooters, so may have balance issues.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

So Patterson was going to give our signals to the staff that replaced him?  No way. Risk his entire reputation to validate that it was an improvement for them to fire him and hire Dykes?  Whoever believes that probably is on some drugs I’d definitely like to try. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

So Patterson was going to give our signals to the staff that replaced him?  No way. Risk his entire reputation to validate that it was an improvement for them to fire him and hire Dykes?  Whoever believes that probably is on some drugs I’d definitely like to try. 

The actual rumor on IT is about Carrington 🤫🤫🤫

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
Right. Murphy should be done. He got his two starts. Thanks for staying with the program, but it's time to get down to business - that means making Texas the target for every five star recruit in the country - and that means moving on to Arch as soon as Ewers is done.

I can only speak for myself but I'd really be happy to see Maalik in burnt orange next season even if Arch is the heir apparent. I know that's not the greatest business decision for Murphy but if rumors are accurate he likes being at UT/ living in Austin and totally believes in Sark.

Thank you.  Why some need to crap on our players I’ll never know.  He came in helped us win 3 games and now Quinn is back.  We should be celebrating his return not hoping players leave the program.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ousux said:
15 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Murphy return next year either. Maybe he plays school and wants to get his bachelors before transferring. Nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Honest question for those that want Maalik gone next year. If Arch ends up being the guy, who is backing him up? 

I don't want Maalik gone next year, but I hope Arch beats him out.

I'm surprised by his lack of athleticism and versatility. He hasn't demonstrated any movement skills yet.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You know why. He’s supposed to be mobile and athletic bc…reasons 

I get that everyone thinks this is a fun racist gotcha, but he’s one of the least mobile quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. Maybe people just expect some minimal baseline level of scrambling ability for a college quarterback. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So expect the toads to blitz and run DL stunts/twists early Saturday to get 1st quarter hits on Ewers.  Sark has to protect against this.

If Texas has to run on 3rd and long early in this game Saturday, that's still better than Ewers getting hit.  Gonna be interesting to see if Sark knows how to protect Ewers this week.  

23 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Rumor was Troy Omeire shared info with Carrington. Troy was upset about not playing and still had a relationship with Carrington... Jared Wiley would have also known the signs. 

Those are the rumors I’ve heard. Never heard about somebody being removed from the facilities. 

Also doubt GP would help the TCU staff. He loves the kids he recruited but hates the new staff. They replaced him and he gave Sonny a life line when he was jobless before he got the SMU job. 

Bobby Burton this morning said Jared Wiley was likely a contributor to toads knowing Texas signals.

It was stupid for Sark not to be prepared for this last year.  🙄

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Bobby Burton this morning said Jared Wiley was likely a contributor to toads knowing Texas signals.

It was stupid for Sark not to be prepared for this last year.  🙄

Indeed.  If that's true, then I can't blame TCU.

And given the exponential rise in transfers and the utterly unremarkable revelation that college programs might actually want to find a way to gain opposing teams' signs, it seems like it would be coaching malpractice if a college program does not change up its signs each season.  

• Hook 'Em 3