Game Week 10: Texas at TCU

Wulaw Horn

Could be an interesting recovery week as far as injuries go -- hopefully more players get healthier. 

Might have left someone out but the following players have been a little dinged up or injured recently:

• Ewers
  • Catalon
  • Watts
  • C.Jones
  • Banks
  • K.Crawford
  • E.Burke
  • J.Brooks
  • C.Baxter
  • J.Whitt
  • JT Sanders
  • Majors
  • Hutson
  • Robertson

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Could be an interesting recovery week as far as injuries go -- hopefully more players get healthier. 
Might have left someone out but the following players have been a little dinged up or injured recently:
  • Ewers
  • Catalon
  • Watts
  • C.Jones
  • Banks
  • K.Crawford
  • E.Burke
  • J.Brooks
  • C.Baxter
  • J.Whitt
  • JT Sanders
  • Majors
  • Hutson
  • Robertson

I thought IT or maybe someone else said that a player was having surgery one week and people assumed it was Burke or bush but they both played yesterday

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, here it is. We are trying to land this plane with one engine on fire, the landing gear light not working and maybe the pilot thinking about how much he needs his next drink. This would be pretty dire but for one fact- we are playing TCU. 

When I was at UT from 1996-1999 the saying used to be- TCU, where the girls are girls and the guys are too. Relax zoomers, nobody really meant anything hateful by it- it was different time and place. 
I think, though, that was probably about the only time I ever heard anyone say anything about TCU. And why not?  They were totally and completely irrelevant and unimportant to us in every way. A quick throw away tagline of mockery once in a blue moon. 
Then something important changed. They joined the big 12, beat us a couple times and became a hated rival. Just kidding, no. They are still a total and complete irrelevancy that nobody ever bothers thinking about outside of “wonder when they are going to announce the fucking gametime” and wonder when some asshole is going to post the pictures of all the ridiculously hot ass running around that campus in Fort Worth that I will mentally file away into my spank bank. Not because I have those thoughts personally of course, but I know @Brisketexan does. Yeah. It’s definitely him that thinks about TCU in that second way. 
One more game (hopefully) that we have to grit through with a slightly less than desirable QB situation and a slightly less than desirable OL health situation, and a slightly less than desirable RB health situation and missing our best safety and and and. This team is beat up. It’s a good thing TCU sort of sucks (I guess - again back to my point about irrelevancy) this year and even with that mash unit we should be able to beat them. 
So TCU, in summation, I will muster up, even if just barely, enough care to tell you to fuck off and I will be glad when you don’t even occupy 1 week of mindshare for me. 

i started drinking pretty heavily in the fourth quarter yesterday, but did williams get hurt or is this referencing thompson?

also, fuck tcu.  i became much less worried about them while watching their game against tech this past thursday night.

• Hook 'Em 1

Road game, and toad defense likely won't make the mistake of running man coverages like Kstate did early in yesterday's game.  Toads also should be a little fresher since they played Thursday against tech.  

This will definitely be Toad's Super Bowl since they might not make a bowl game this year.   

Texas hopefully gets rid of the turnover bug on offense and has a good game running the ball this Saturday.  🤘 

44 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i started drinking pretty heavily in the fourth quarter yesterday, but did williams get hurt or is this referencing thompson?

also, fuck tcu.  i became much less worried about them while watching their game against tech this past thursday night.

Catalon. He’s our best safety and he’s out.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

ah shit.  he's been out so long i've stopped even considering him lol.  

Easy to do. Supposed to maybe be thinking about coming back next week.  Safety has been the big problem on defense. I think he would solve a lot of that. 
I dream of him and Williams and Barron being back there with Watts and Muhammad. That’s our best 5 and I suspect it’s pretty damn good. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

They are bad. Really bad. But we have a knack for playing down to the competition. Let’s break that tradition.

Since September, OU game aside, we have generally gotten off to pretty decent 1Q/1H. Our problem, particularly with Houston and KSU, has been the dicking around and hitting the brakes.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Don't put it on Maalik. Run the ball. Tech got 146 yards rushing on them. KSU got 343 yards rushing on them. ISU-215. WVU 201. All of those were losses for TCU. Run the ball. 

Agree 100% with this. TCU is a mediocre rush defense. Throw only when necessary. Give Brooks, Baxter, Red and Blue the ball and run it down their throats. No excuse for us not rack up near 300 Rush yards

Just now, Longboard Horn said:

Agree 100% with this. TCU is a mediocre rush defense. Throw only when necessary. Give Brooks, Baxter, Red and Blue the ball and run it down their throats. No excuse for us not rack up near 300 Rush yards

Exactly. Take a few deep shots to keep their safeties honest and run the damn ball.

TCU will have the most athletic secondary MM has faced. Their linebackers are undisciplined and lead footed, I'm talking almost KU level bad. 

We need Brooks and Baxter in a major way this week. I would love to see more of Cam Williams too, that guy was blocking guys 10 yards down the field when he wasn't drawing false start penalties. He's also very light on his feet for his size.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

TCU is a bad football team and they are worse with Chandler Morris. Hopefully he’s back. They may be the worst defensive team Texas plays all year. They have JAGs all over the field on both sides. 

If Ewers can play, Texas will roll. If Ewers can’t go, I still expect Texas to win, but it could be a slog. Maalik Murphy is bad in almost every facet at QB and he’s going to attempt to cost Texas every game he plays. He is scared of contact, has zero mobility, has terrible mechanics, has no accuracy, makes poor decisions and then makes those decisions slowly. LOL at morons on this site and elsewhere who talked him up after watching him go against walk-ons while knowing he could not be hit. Jesus. 

Hoover is much less of a run threat than pre-injury Morris, but Hoover could pick apart our secondary if given any kind of time. 

Fully agreed about the TCU defense, except for their secondary apart from Avery Helm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

TCU is a bad football team and they are worse with Chandler Morris. Hopefully he’s back. They may be the worst defensive team Texas plays all year. They have JAGs all over the field on both sides. 

If Ewers can play, Texas will roll. If Ewers can’t go, I still expect Texas to win, but it could be a slog. Maalik Murphy is bad in almost every facet at QB and he’s going to attempt to cost Texas every game he plays. He is scared of contact, has zero mobility, has terrible mechanics, has no accuracy, makes poor decisions and then makes those decisions slowly. LOL at morons on this site and elsewhere who talked him up after watching him go against walk-ons while knowing he could not be hit. Jesus. 

Agreed completely on the MM take. Don't know how anyone was calling for him after the spring game. I guess we start him again next week because it's away, or else we may have seen Arch start if this game was at DKR. 

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maalik Murphy is bad in almost every facet at QB and he’s going to attempt to cost Texas every game he plays. He is scared of contact, has zero mobility, has terrible mechanics, has no accuracy, makes poor decisions and then makes those decisions slowly. 

So tell me the bad news.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If Ewers is out, this gonna be a one score game. Dykes’ team sucks, but I think he will give Sark all he can handle because Sark is a moron.

but then again, im a moron, so…. 

Didn’t know it was possible to contradict yourself this much in one post but at least it made sense by the end 

• Haha 1