Texas vs tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I agree for the most part.  The Oline was awful this game.  I am more pissed at them than Sark.  We have too much talent in that room to be this bad at closing teams out on the ground.  

It's the teams with 3 man fronts. They attack the weakest part of our line and we can't get push. Traditional lines we are decent against.

3 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I'm just struck by the almost comical difference between:

Calm, composed, analytical 1st-half Dvoracek who heaps praise on Texas

vs

Final-drive, game-on-the-line Dvoracek, "LATE HIT!  LATE HIT!  YOU HAVE TO CALL THAT!  THAT WAS BRUTAL!"  Just constant lobbying for any kind of a flag against Texas on every snap down the stretch.  

Then bitching "they blew the whistle after forward progress was stopped" so we didn't even have to punt or take a snap and burn the last couple seconds. 

Fuck off dude. What are they supposed to anticipate the stop and blow the play dead before he's hit?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good coaches have teams that get better as the season progresses. See Alabama. 

Mediocre coaches barely beat or lose to teams over and over that have inferior talent. 

In the past, Texas fans thought they had great talent but discovered they didn’t. This year, this is a loaded roster.

This is not going very well right now. Thoughts of making the playoff are a waste of time. This time will struggle to win out. 

Nah they will follow same plan, build a first half lead and hold on to win. We win one more game and we clinch the championship game. Win 3 more games and we are in the CFP. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

3 points:

1.  FUCK

2. we’ve lost more of these games in the last 10 years than I want to count. We’ve won quite a few this year. As maddening as that is, it is an improvement. Ugh. 

3. watching the post game handshakes between Texas and TCU players I can say I’m really looking forward to being in a conference where the opponents aren’t playing home town kids we didn’t recruit. The chip on the shoulder thing is real and I’m ready to be done with it.

If Texas keeps playing that close, shit happens.  They're a defensive back stumble away from losing.  Thankfully, they were able to defend the cockroaches well in the red zone.  I hate that they build leads in the first and then self destruct in the second.  This many times is more than just other team adjustments.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

That's actually probably a pretty reasonable take.  Winning the B12 was achievable with a small amount of luck.  Everything after that was gravy.
But the notion that we had 100% fixed last year's problems was pretty ludicrous, especially considering injuries.  We have made some improvements.

Texas will be 7-5/8-4 next year. This is the year for hardware.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Go have a snickers, I want to enjoy a win while the game is still happening. Also eternal score board is more fun when you blow them out.

Wut. Beginning of the year anybody with a brain said 9-3, 10-2 if you were a sunshine pumper. We just hit 9 wins shit for brains, fuck you and your snickers. I will take ugly wins every game for the rest of my life if it means we aren’t 0-5 against tcu ever again, 5-7 with a loss to Kansas ever again, or losing to Maryland twice in a row. Pretty wins are fun whatever the fuck that means, but 9-1 no matter how you get there makes me smile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wow. And to think he was the starter at the beginning of the season for the first 3 games, so I wonder what would make Sark do that over Brooks? Good call, Slingblade. It literally took him getting hurt for the light bulb to come on for Sark to start the better back. You'll know him by the name Jonathon Brooks. But sure, gets the nod as the first true freshman to start for Texas since Ricky Williams, but I guess starters just need learning curves in 10 games. 

Go look at the number of carries in those games and tell me how much “starting” matters. Brooks was always the number one back. Think maybe it was putting Baxter out there to get valuable experience because they knew he was going to play a decent role this season? No need to answer because your posts are dumb, that was rhetorical.

Also, it’s entirely possible Baxter looked like the better back in the fall and then they realized the speed of the game was too much….because he’s a freshman.

Edited by Slowinthehead

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You guys are fucking regarded. Pretty clear QE isn't 100%. Sark seemed to want nothing to do with putting him in harm's way once we got up on them. I can appreciate that. He called his number in the end and QE delivered. On to the next. Quit fucking crying.

Only throwing on super obvious passing downs actually does more to put your QB in harm's way than mixing in throws and play action on early and standard downs.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

USC can get WRs open in space.

Oregon can get WRs open in space.

Washington can get WRs open in space.

LSU can get WRs open in space.

Everyone not named Texas can get WRs open in space.

Of course, they use all 3 thirds of the field and we only use the sideline to 5yds in.

And Ewers has reverted back to his poor footwork/throwing off his back foot garbage from last year.

Edited by Hondo

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's kind of what he does.  He almost never actually steps into a throw, it's either back foot or flat foot.  His superior arm strength has let him get away with it.

A shoulder separation kind of puts some pressure on that arm strength.

There were at least two or three catches we had that could have easily been picked off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hornsome said:

I really didn’t want to buy Big XII championship tickets but figured I’ll be happy if we made it.  Not so sure as I can’t take these games.  

Second half was a total team effort. Awful.  Sark set the tone with his second half game management.  Declining the offsides penalty on the punt is just an example of how lost he is during the game.  Time to get an offensive coordinator.

Agree. Stupid Steve

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Keep on thinking our team would beat Bama at this point in the season.

Who has Bama beaten? 

Their best win won't even be in the top 10 after this weekend and Ole Miss wouldn't even be in the top 20 if not for Tulane's starting QB being injured. They've been beating Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU types who are nothing but fringe top 25 teams. Nothing different than K-State. 

The Bama turnaround is not remotely surprising because I'm not sure they've played a top 15 caliber team since Texas.

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hondo said:

USC can get WRs open in space.

Oregon can get WRs open in space.

Washington can get WRs open in space.

LSU can get WRs open in space.

Everyone not named Texas can get WRs open in space.

Of course, they use all 3 thirds of the field and we only use the sideline to 5yds in.

Texas does it all the time. Sark just didn’t really call pass plays much in the second half at all. I think maybe 10 total? 

18 minutes ago, ousux said:
21 minutes ago, Richter said:
I’m hoping for a big 12 championship.  This team doesn’t look good enough for the playoffs to me

Know how I know you haven't watched much football beyond Texas games this year? We can't keep letting teams back in the game, but we totally aren't outclassed by anyone I've seen this year talent-wise.

You sound like a moron. I’ve watched just about every Texas game for the last 20 years

• Pancho unpinned this topic