Texas vs iowa state - 7pm on Fox

Pancho

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Penalties are killing us but it’s not like they were bad calls. We committed the penalties

Meanwhile, we miss pretty easy ISU holds.  It's crap.  Texas should be better than this but they'll play to what they're given vs taking.  This team has been skating by and doing the minimum to win.  But this ISU team is so bad, so what.  Give them the shitty refs.  Hoping Texas explodes and play to fuck these bums up.  

Um PI on Texas
No PI on State
Hand on shoulder and guy turns back and it’s called

Not a single penalty called on state obviously holding.

There is NEVER a game where one team gets every penalty and the other gets zero
Uhh, yes there is. Is this your first Texas game?
  • Haha 1

I remember when we scored 48+ points four times in 2021 with Casey fuckin’ Thompson at QB and a decent number of JAGs on both sides of the ball from the Herman era. It sure feels like this offense has somehow regressed over the subsequent two seasons in different ways despite elite skill position players at WR, TE, and RB.

Edited by Bodowned
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok. It’s still holding. It’s the least consistently officiated penalty but it was still holding. We need to play cleaner. It’s bullshit that the disparity is what it is but that’s no excuse for us being this sloppy.

We have the best dt in the country, he hasn’t been held once this game? What about last game? The game before that? The other team ALWAYS plays cleaner than we do? The fuck are the odds of that 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bodowned said:

I remember when we scored 48+ points four times in 2021 with Casey fuckin’ Thompson at QB and a decent number of JAGs on both sides of the ball from the Herman era. It sure feels like this offense has somehow regressed over the subsequent two seasons in different ways despite elite skill position plays at WR, TE, and RB.

Don't forget Sark is an offensive genius FYI

• Hook 'Em 2

Feels like we have been chasing lost points all dang year.  This, I’m pretty sure I have an ulcer.  If Crawford just lifts his hands in the air instead of putting them on the back of that defender, he likely doesn’t get flagged.  Banks hold was BS.  Worthy is just slight and has a hard time covering the football. 
If the defense holds up, we’ll get home eventually.  

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Not a fan of much of the playcalling, but Quinn needs to scan the field better. 

You can't go broke making a profit, they are giving us the short and intermediate routes. We need to eat those until they shift.

He also needs to calm down in the pocket, which of course, is probably why he's not seeing the field well. That sack earlier wasn't on Christian Jones. Ewers fled the pocket when he saw them arcing by, but Jones had him. When Ewers flushed forward the Edge was able to disengage from Jones and sack Ewers.

The ticky tack hold call on Banks, and yes, it was a hold, but mostly because Ewers fled the pocket and the Edge followed Ewers. Banks let go fast but not fast enough to escape the slanted ref. Their OL has held our DL a bunch already.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This game is looking more like the Wyoming game than the Houston or TCU game.

It'll be uncomfortably close for a little longer, but we'll pull away.

We have to, or I'ma light the world on fire.  You hear me, God?

Tex I love you we got this. 

• Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic