Week 12, 2023; Texas Tech at Texas

Wulaw Horn

Unfortunately this clip seems to be filmed on a potato, but you have to include Vasher as well:
image.gif.961f09d31ce41a7b8edb6f2cf69016e6.gif
Haha, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed how many Tech players we’ve attempted to murder over the years. 

I had seats at this game with a vantage point where I saw Nate closing on this guy a long way away. It has been the only time watching football that I wanted one of our guys to pull back a bit before the hit. I vividly remember thinking “OMG pull up a bit Nate this poor fool has no idea what’s coming and he may not survive…” then: CRACK!!! The crowd had taken such a collective gasp seeing that hit coming that it was totally silent in DKR when it happened and the collision sounded like it echoed in the stadium with no other noise to drown it out. I think we all just thought for a second: “oh shit. Nate actually killed someone.”
  • Hook 'Em 8

I'm saying this as the Tech fan that I am. 1. About every other time we play in Austin, UT plays their best game of the year and they absolutely destroy us. You won the last game in Austin 70-35 maybe this is your off year. 2. As for officiating, for 25 years we've seen Big12 officials protect the Big12's best interests. So I ask this in all seriousness, "Is it better for the conference to have a playoff team or is it better to send UT off with a loss?" It is my opinion that money is King and every member of the BIG12 makes an extra million if UT makes the playoffs. Therefore I don't expect UT to get screwed by the refs. 3. Tech's linebacker Bryce Ramirez is playing pretty well which is amazing considering that he had a Theismannesque compound leg fracture in last falls game versus NC State. He may not be the best defensive player, but the whole defense plays better with him the game.
If we were sitting in the top 4 or even #5 Yormark and his cronies might consider it beneficial to get a team in the playoffs even if it is Texas, but right now there's no guarantee even if we win out. All depends on how petty Yormark is and how corruptible the Rig 12 zebras are.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

As Always...   "Stay Classy Sand Aggys"

Texas Tech's Jayden York is ejected for spitting in the face of BYU's Tyler Batty | CFB on FOX

Ole Miss Coach Lane Kiffin accuses Tech player of spitting and using a racial slur toward his player

Better get tested for STD's and Hep C. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, HenryJames said:

Is UT scared to keep alive its Texas Tech football rivalry? | Williams (lubbockonline.com)

Is UT scared to keep alive its Texas Tech football rivalry? | Don Williams, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

A bunch of entertaining football games are coming up, as always, the week of Thanksgiving. Many will factor into conference races, but not all.

You have Georgia-Georgia Tech, Florida-Florida State, South Carolina-Clemson, Kentucky-Louisville, all non-conference games scheduled at the end of the regular season.

Maybe someday in the not-too-distant future, you can add Texas Tech football playing Texas to the list of rivalry games between non-conference opponents. All it would take is for the Longhorns to lose a little hubris. UT athletics director Chris Del Conte told the Avalanche-Journal last year he's OK with playing non-conference games against other Texas schools.

What he meant was, he's OK with playing other Texas schools the Longhorns don't perceive as a threat. They've played Rice three times in recent years, and they have UT-El Paso and UT-San Antonio scheduled in alternating seasons out through 2031.

UT leads the series with Tech 54-18. Not that risky a proposition for the burnt orange, right?

The Red Raiders won last year's game, though. And when the Texas A&M-Texas series went dormant a decade ago, Tech athletics director Kirby Hocutt eagerly obliged Texas' wish to keep playing an annual Thanksgiving game. The Red Raiders, playing Texas in Austin on Thanksgiving or the day after in 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019, took advantage of high-visibility TV windows and won two of those games.

That's all it takes for Texas to not want to play the Red Raiders any longer than they have to.

Texas Tech officials have made it clear they'll put the Red Raiders up against the Longhorns as non-conference opponents any time, any place, the sooner, the better.

The Tech-Texas game this coming Friday night will be the last between the two football programs for the foreseeable future with Texas heading off to the Southeastern Conference at the end of the school year.

As the epicenter of college football increasingly narrows to the geography of the SEC and the Big Ten, the Red Raiders need the annual game against UT to drive visibility, the attractiveness of the schedule, ticket sales, credibility in the major polls and recruiting boosts.

Not only games against UT. We've focused on Tech's desire to continuing playing the Longhorns, but playing Texas A&M every year would be even better. Renewing that series, with its evenness, with all its close games and fantastic finishes, would be just as meaningful.

Back to the Tech-Texas discussion, though. In days gone by, universities would serve up games most attractive to their fans, without regard to the potential danger of losing. In some places, they still do, as we noted at the top.

South Carolina and Clemson have faced each other continuously since 1909, as non-conference opponents since 1971. Georgia and Georgia Tech have played continuously since 1925, as non-conference opponents since 1964.

Florida and Florida State have squared off every year since 1958, all in non-conference. Kentucky and Louisville have met each year since 1994, also all as non-conference foes.

Each of the above series, during the time frames mentioned, was interrupted only by the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020.

Virginia and Virginia Tech have played Atlantic Coast Conference games since 2004, but their many meetings between 1937 and 2003 were as non-conference opponents. Texas A&M and LSU have met 57 times, 45 as non-conference rivals. West Virginia and Penn State have met 60 times, not once in a conference game.

It's clear in that context there's nothing to keep Texas or Texas A&M from playing li'l ol' Texas Tech.

It'd be good for the programs, good for the fans and good for UT brass to come down off their high horse.

This is like when a fat chick's online dating profile says, "If you can't handle a big girl, swipe left."

They'll tell themselves whatever they need to hear about why we're not interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Haha.  My Tech father still throws a fit to this day stating that was a dirty hit.

He hit his shoulder and the kicker saw it coming at him and did nothing to brace for the hit. That being said, that kicker has balls of steel to continue to go for the first down knowing he was going to get hammered. Respect. 

3 minutes ago, Spoetzl said:

Csb: I met and worked with Tony (the kicker) for a bit in 2000.  He was a good guy and always laughed when telling that story.  Said 2 things were going through his mind when he got the pitch: 1) this is gonna hurt and 2) I’m going to kill Field for pitching it to me.  Said the play was not supposed to be a pitch, if it wasn’t there for the holder (a wr), he was just supposed to go down.  Gave Brackens all the credit in the world for the hit.

For a change, that is a cool story.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spoetzl said:

Csb: I met and worked with Tony (the kicker) for a bit in 2000.  He was a good guy and always laughed when telling that story.  Said 2 things were going through his mind when he got the pitch: 1) this is gonna hurt and 2) I’m going to kill Field for pitching it to me.  Said the play was not supposed to be a pitch, if it wasn’t there for the holder (a wr), he was just supposed to go down.  Gave Brackens all the credit in the world for the hit.

How many times did his nurse have to wipe the drool from his mouth during your discussion?

21 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Channeling good vibes and getting this thread back on track. 

texas-longhorns.gif

Hah, I don't remember if it was this hit or a different one, but I remember a game about 7-8 years ago where our guys knocked Mahomes on his ass with a really nasty hit.  Dude got up looking like he didn't know what area code he was in.  Actually legit felt bad for him, can't remember if he was concussed after that hit or not.  Sure looked like it.

8 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Hah, I don't remember if it was this hit or a different one, but I remember a game about 7-8 years ago where our guys knocked Mahomes on his ass with a really nasty hit.  Dude got up looking like he didn't know what area code he was in.  Actually legit felt bad for him, can't remember if he was concussed after that hit or not.  Sure looked like it.

I thought this game was particularly lame after Tech rolled out their Texas flag helmets for a game against the state university. It had the same feel as A&M calling themselves the Texas Aggies on all of their uniforms.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

That is the gif.
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Perhaps if the big 12 hadn’t decided it was in its best interests to shit on Texas publicly, in the field and everywhere else for the last 20 years we wouldn’t be gone. We still might have, but fuck them and their rampant jealousy. 

The behavior of the piece of shit commissioner and the envious fanbases says it all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That just may be the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted online, which is saying a lot in this universe where aggy exists.

The guy just learned how to do division a few days ago. Now, he is using it with all the numbers he can find. Let him have his fun, and wait for the wonderful things he will do in 16 years when he starts to learn algebra.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The behavior of the piece of shit commissioner and the envious fanbases says it all. 
That same commissioner was well aware Texas and BloU were leaving before he ever took the job. He seems to be butthurt his charm and wit didn't convince us to stay after he took over.

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

Kevin mars crew announced as the crew. 🤮🤮

If true, I think it's slightly good news if it decreases the chances he will work the CCG.

We're going to fuck Tceh up anyway.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

A bad omen: In New York City. Was on 57th Street today when a swagged-up gaggle of Tech fans passed me. I gave one of them, a very pretty woman, the Hook ‘ Em. She sweetly smiled and gave me the Guns Up right back. She kinda owned me. 

Tceh band is in NYC for the Macy's parade tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic