Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This is a really good point. A few weeks ago, I was hoping we'd meet Okie Lite in the CCG because we'd be seeing OUsux yearly and would have plenty of chances against them, but this would be the year we'd have scoreboard on Okie Lite with a win.

Right now, I just want whoever would result in the best chance at a playoff game, which is likely OU right now.

Opponent in the big 12 title game doesn't matter at this point. 

If FSU loses and we win, we should be in as big 12 champs with the best win of the season for any team over Alabama on the road and the #9 strength of schedule in the country. 1 loss Alabama, Washington, Michigan, OSU, or Georgia shouldn't be in over us as any of none of them has the quality win we do and their loss would be at the end of the season costing them the conference title. 

That's the path. If Washington, FSU, OSU/Michigan winner, and Georgia win out we're out automatically as all 4 would be undefeated. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I just assume anyone who wants ou in the title game also enjoys the warm embrace of another man and balls across their face 

Yeah, I don't think it helps our resume that much to avenge the loss, since we already have the best resume of all the one-loss teams, because we have the best SoS, the best win, and the best loss.  Either that matters, or it doesn't.  And we need an undefeated to go down either way.

Also, fuck ou.  I don't even want them in position to get the runner-up award.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

From a pure resume standpoint, Texas should be in over Oregon and Alabama (assuming conference win) and shouldn’t really be close. 

Oregon SOS is weak (vs. Texas too 10 schedule) and has an 8 pt win vs a 50 pt win over the common opponent  

Texas will have H2H road win over Alabama no matter what happens.

The “Bama should be in as SEC champ” is weak as both teams would be conference winners with one loss (and think Texas SOS is better anyway). 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. None of those shit stain schools are anything to us. We are keeping our OU rivalry. Being reunited with an old SWC team we had a history with in Arkansas. And our dorky SWC/Big 12 little regarded brother in aggy. We can go back to playing turkey weekend with them again.

The rest of the Big 12 can suck a dick. They will fade into nothingness. Conferences have a hard time staying afloat once the big dogs leave. They are going to be nothing more than the WAC/Mountain West now. Not one team with national prestige like Texas/OU. A bunch of middle of the road programs.

I want to alternate Tech or TCU every year as one of our non-conference games. Don’t care about the rest. 

Fuck OU with a rusty coat hanger.  I want eternal scoreboard on the last left behind... End of the day, we don't control our destiny but 12 wins and a top 5 finish are well within striking range.  FSU stumbling is likely our only chance but stranger things have happened.

Just so glad to pummel tech on our way out.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

From a pure resume standpoint, Texas should be in over Oregon and Alabama (assuming conference win) and shouldn’t really be close. 

Oregon SOS is weak (vs. Texas too 10 schedule) and has an 8 pt win vs a 50 pt win over the common opponent  

Texas will have H2H road win over Alabama no matter what happens.

The “Bama should be in as SEC champ” is weak as both teams would be conference winners with one loss (and think Texas SOS is better anyway). 

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

• immamac unpinned this topic