2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

From Bobby:

I am told to expect to see some restructuring in the Texas personnel department as part of this move.

Wonder if we might be adding a GM-type role too?

Was just going to ask - I don't think we have that title, but Glasscock was essentially that, no? 

In the NFL you generally have a Director of Pro Personnel and a Director of College Scouting who roll up to the General Manager.  Is the new way of college football to have a High School Recruiting and a College/Transfer Portal guy who roll up to a General Manager?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Damn.  This one hurts. 

I'm curious why we couldn't or wouldn't match their offer.

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The glass dick?

Sorry, couldn't help it. But yeah this sucks. Do we even have a GM? Seems odd that he'd leave

I'm guessing that the GM role has more responsibilites and a pay raise, and it wasn't as simple as matching the offer. That's what my non-informed gut says here.

And often you can't restructure until a change is made in an organization of size, so maybe Sark is using this blow to force a restructing in our favor. That's my pure sunshine take on this, which is probably nowhere near to reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Oh, hooray. Something dramatic to take all of my Thursday productivity away. Well done, everyone. 

Time to make a wishlist of all the people we won't hire, so that when Sark does hire someone, Surly ends up like

Sad Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Who was the guy at South Carolina (?) that Sark originally wanted for that spot?  Maybe cycles back?  Never a better time to ask than right after a playoff appearance and shit is rolling. 

Drew Hughes. He was named in all the stuff that went down at Tennessee under Pruitt and got a show-cause. That would likely never get through compliance. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Drew Hughes. He was named in all the stuff that went down at Tennessee under Pruitt and got a show-cause. That would likely never get through compliance. 

No, but do we even need a compliance department anymore?   It seems like nothing is enforceable.   Just threaten an anti-trust suit.  Eventually we will have unlimited eligibility, mid-season transfers, and guys who were cut from the NFL coming back to play college.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

No, but do we even need a compliance department anymore?   It seems like nothing is enforceable.   Just threaten an anti-trust suit.  Eventually we will have unlimited eligibility, mid-season transfers, and guys who were cut from the NFL coming back to play college.

Yes, compliance is helpful. No, Hughes would never get through compliance. No, some things are enforceable. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I never heard of Glasscock until about a month ago, but I'm pretty sure we are now doomed.

j/k  Sucks to lose someone in Belmont who was good at their job and added value (considering how much waste like Plonsky and most of her reports).  Hope Sark hires the best replacement possible.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Subtweeting the ex-Director of Player Personnel seems a little catty, but ok

Sark needs Photoshop so he can put "My toxic trait is trusting the wrong people" over a picture of a chick doing yoga at sunset. FB divorcee vibes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

On 1/30/2024 at 10:21 AM, Scholz said:

And his nickname.  What'd we settle on btw?  KBak? Kenny B? Klam Bake?

Nearly 2 days and 4 pages of shit posts (and a little solid info) and no one has come up with:

Mastur Baker

…dropping the ball.

image.gif.afd6b385c2e4a88e81eefef5a97d97c1.gif

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

image.jpeg.4d53ff71e18cc3806bfafe2ffc7095b6.jpeg
Are those the new helmets designed to discourage targeting?

It's the 43rd.. annual convention of the grand mystic royal order of the nobles of.. the Ali Baba temple of the shriiiiine. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

There is no place on this board or in life general for this. Remember folks, recruits read this board as well.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but the average age on this board is probably 50.  If a teenager is reading it’s purely out of old people mockery or out of curiosity to read what weird old people talk about.   

You know who does think teenagers, particularly blue chip football players, hang on their every word?  TexAgs. 

On Baker

IMG_3856.thumb.png.45d06ebefbd88ecb95046fde60f62aa1.png
Not too concerned about the energetic and connecting with the yutes part, it's when Dad or an uncle (always an uncle) or even the recruit themselves compare Bakers resume against other D-line coaches that concerns me. We just lost the guy that already has a few DT's in the NFL and possibly two first rounders this upcoming draft...but he's using that to recruit to swamp tigah now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:
On Baker

Not too concerned about the energetic and connecting with the yutes part, it's when Dad or an uncle (always an uncle) or even the recruit themselves compare Bakers resume against other D-line coaches that concerns me. We just lost the guy that already has a few DT's in the NFL and possibly two first rounders this upcoming draft...but he's using that to recruit to swamp tigah now.

Should we just fold up shop and go home then? Losing Davis was always going to be an uphill battle for this next cycle. No shit Davis has skins on the wall that his replacement doesn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:
On Baker

If he's all that ("sources" giving him part credit for the dolphins dts) and alfred collins and co hold up to the run and get a bunch of sacks from the interior .... recruiting should get easier in the fall....

• Hook 'Em 1

Should we just fold up shop and go home then? Losing Davis was always going to be an uphill battle for this next cycle. No shit Davis has skins on the wall that his replacement doesn’t. 
Just concerned is all. Maybe Baker becomes a D-line master and recruiting witch, but it's all pretty unknown at the moment.

22 minutes ago, ousux said:
25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just concerned is all. Maybe Baker becomes a D-line master and recruiting witch, but it's all pretty unknown at the moment.

No shit Dick Tracy.  This has been covered extensively since his hiring.south park beat a dead horse GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3